Feeler: Be Cool!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:57 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike B
If (when) I need a lawyer Michelle...You're my gal!
I'd do anything for the wheels on your car!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:17 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post Michelle. We'll have to try and meet up for a beer, if you get back down here during football season. BTW Champaigne or Cashmere? Is there actually a diff., and if so what?

Bill, I know she didn't write the mafia comment, in anyway, for you. But, for those that it was meant for, you deserved it. Thanks so much for your help on this Bill. Mine isn't even going into my current car. I bought it so that I'll have mine for my 3.0 8 valve project. FWIW, I had something come up that has delayed my order, but I've stayed in contact with Scotty, and it will get done this week.

Like others have said folks, **** happens, and for me it had nothing to do with affordablity, but business obligations. Be careful about "Characterization and Generalization". That is the domain of the ignorant.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:33 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Good post Michelle. We'll have to try and meet up for a beer, if you get back down here during football season. BTW Champaigne or Cashmere? Is there actually a diff., and if so what?
My dad and one of my kids actually live in Lake City, about an hour west of you. I go down there quite often. It'd be great to meet you

I don't know if there is a diff in the colors. I always thought it was Cashmere, but there were a few posts that said the actual color was Champagne. I don't know; I just know I like it. A lot.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:59 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mean to be rude here for changing the topic but did anyone receive their order yet?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Actually cas951,, your not changing the topic. This was never the topic to begin with.
Frankly, maybe I am being a bit paranoid but I would hope
that these last few posts are not a response to my post earlier ?
If they are, I have some serious issues, at those comments being directed towards what I said.
If so, fire away and I would be more than happy to further express my thoughts
BTW, this is not a challenge but a mere defense of my earlier statement
Thanks
Kindest regards
Ed
Old 06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I haven't been paying attention to this lately. I apologize if my comments hurt people's feelings. I am not sure if these comments were directed at me as well.

I would like to clarify my comment that backing out is pretty crappy. I would like to clarify that backing out without telling Bill so either Griffin is aware or so that someone else can jump aboard is inappropriate. I apologize if it appeared that I was implying that some of you had already backed out.

Obviously everyone in a GB (to the best of my knowledge) has the right to back out at any time. I would guess Michelle could explain the lack of contractual obligations. At the same time, you do have a responsibility to those that are extending the favor. That responsibility is not to pay at all costs (for instance in lieu of feeding your kids or paying rent) but to simply communicate that you want to back out of the GB so others can jump in.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well said max. thank you.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:10 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^very well said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

No problem guys. The reality of the situation is that we all get along very nicely about 99% of the time. I think we all know that most of us mean no harm or disrespect to others on this board. I am glad to hear that everything is being handled and that it was just a miscommunication somewhere along the line.

The interesting thing is that this GB seems to involve many of the most respected 951 RL'ers out there. I have full confidence in this working out for everyone.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:08 PM
944Willie
Instructor

Back to the last question asked. Did anyone get their order yet? I was #16 and told it would be the first part of June. That is almost past. Mine is not needed YET, so my car is not laid up waiting. The ones that are in the first few should be getting theirs soon. I can't wait to see some pics of the units and info on the R&R of them.
Keep us posted.
Gene
Old 06-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why thank you max. i like to think i'm one of the most respected 951 RL'ers as well.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Madant26x
Racer

944Willie, I'm #1 on the list and Scotty told me he would ship mine first, so I'll let everyone know when I get mine. He said about 2-3 weeks, Griffin withdrew the money from my account on 5/24, so I'm expecting it in another week.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

I was # 4 on the list as of 5/12. He said 2 1/2 to 3 weeks so I was wondering.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

also, i found that crazy eddie's remarks were rather distasteful. i put my order in today because i told scotty weeks ago i would be ordering the first or second day of june. does that make me a bum for not "growing up" and "getting my act together?" get off your damn high horse already. if you're so eager to have the rest of the radiators bought, buy them yourself. **** happens. every radiator is made on a build to order basis. original estimates before this thread really took off were for 30 or so radiators. there's not some hardcore pressed need to make 45. 36 have already been bought. if the others decide to buy then that's great and more power to them, but if not, then it's not your place to criticize them.

there's no need to criticize rennlisters for not being able to buy them. yes they committed, but as said before, **** happens.

Hey Jake
I don't know you from Adam. I am sure your a nice guy. My intention was not to start a flame war !
I hope when this all passes that we can be friends on this great board
I actually just saw your post, claming my comments were distasteful
I frankly don't really understand how you construed my comments as distasteful ?
Sorry, but a commitment is a commitment .. Its time to grow up .
Are they distasteful because:
You don't agree with them.?
They are they distasteful because they embarrass some ?
They are distasteful because they address the issue of responsibility ?
I believe when a person says he or she is committed, then he or she has an, obligation
( A word today, that quite a few people dismiss as not real important. I am sure that has nothing to do with the divorce rate, being somewhere around 60% today )
I am a man of my word. My word is my bond, without which, all of what I say would be pretty meaningless.
Lack of responsibility seems to be a common theme today ...
I believe, when someone doesn't keep their word / commitment, that it is a sign of immaturity.
That is my opinion. I am sure you have heard the phrase that opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one. So be it.
I am not on any high horse. Never have been, and never will be.
How my words got turned into threats, high horse, leg breaking etc., is beyond me !!
I don't believe in making derogatory statements.
I don't believe, I am in the habit of making them ( certainly not on this board or any other )
What I did was simply state that people have a responsibility to step up and do the right thing.
There is no such thing as being half pregnant Either, you are or your not.
Don't claim you want something ( it was clearly stated by Bill from the onset that:
Quote from Bill
38 Members that have committed for 40 turbo radiators:

This company was told that 40 people were buying their product, that they were building for us.
If someone has some unforeseen financial obligations, that he or she can't complete the transaction, then my remedy was to just allow those who expressed an interest earlier,
but were closed out, to have a chance to buy in ...
Hey, Why don't we give those guys that were late the oppty to buy them. They were dying to get in.
What is wrong with that ???
I must be missing something....??
I guess I am viewing this from a very different prospective
You see, I would not order something I couldn't afford. And if I did, and couldn't afford it, then I would feel obligated to find someone else to buy it.
No one even contacted Griffin or Bill to explaining the situation before them.
I would not have someone make something for me and not feel obligated to buy it.
That is just the way I was brought up...
I don't believe is screwing people over. Life is too short and my name and reputation mean the world to me.
You see, my family name was given to me by my Father and his father .. They never soiled it and neither will I
Hope that clears up my position and this, can all be put to rest.
Thanks and sorry for the long winded reply
Kindest regards
Ed
Old 06-07-2005, 12:08 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Hi Bill, i probably have damaged my radiator, put a wheel on the wrong side of a big ripple strip and gave it a friendly tap from below, coolant everywhere.
Let me know if there ends up being any available.

Quick Reply: Feeler: Be Cool!