Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Yet another pearl white for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

In the early nineties, I owned an 86 factory pearl white with burgundy interior bought from a performance shop in NY. It's my second one...it had suspension, brakes, exhaust, and AP chips mods. Truly a beautiful car, but after 3 broken in attempts, 2 sets of expensive wheels later, and 1 just as expensive sound system, i had to let it go. Hope it is still around and in a good home...i live in the DC metropolitan area. I saw the same car a year after i sold to an owner that has added funky stuff to it but to each his own...
Old 12-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a pearl white 951 here in Greenville. I see it every once in awhile it has a set of Fiske's on it.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Doh Black 944 Turbo beat me to it.

That is the same car. I thought that i saw it for sale at some point. It has tinted windows.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default i own one, lol.

i have deep_purple's car, which was sailracer's before that.

duhhhhhhhh..

this kind of happened in....june?

i heard that it's one of 18. i have pearl w/burgundy and fuchs, but my fuchs are black (much better looking IMO). i believe the PO said something about wheels change or something......not entirely sure. i'll check VIN sometime after work if you want me to.

it's a re-spray, but of a factory color. (door jambs, engine compartment, hatch area all check out)

cleeeeeeeeeeeeeean.

know what time it is?
HAMMERTIME
Old 12-27-2005, 08:17 PM
firemed530
Track Day

OK i have on also. The research i did said there were only 6 in 86 but the original 6 came with 3 peice bbs wheels and where called the champagne edition. When i get home tomarrow I will look at the vin and get the number and post here. I understand that later years also had this pearl white as a special order with fuchs but the original ones had the BBS wheels.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This one is 7270, with no fuchs, and single owner who lived in Fresno (a couple of us went to check it out last night). Somone recorded 6612 (the Georgia junked car on eBay), we have 6601 (deep_purple's current car), and 6569 was on sale earlier last month (in San Francisco, no fuchs). The other recent sightings are -- Baltimore, Michigan and Mountain View PCA-owned car with pearl white fuchs. So unless one of these three sightings is false or a repeat, there's more than 6.
The car you refer to as living in Fresno belonged to SailRacer. He definately sold it. It appears to Deep Purple and now apparently owned by 951 Obession. I got a ride in it during a NorCal Pizza run. Definately pearl white stock. Sailracer was an audio installer, so the stock radio was changed out. The car also had some suspension mods if I remember. We were leading the group on a twisty behind my home and sailracer was putting it through its paces. We left the group pretty far behind and I was worried that the group would not find their way back. Most did fortunately. I remember Tom Guinn's car started the run but did not finish, engine trouble. But I digress. The paint in 951 Obeession's picture looks much better than when I rode in it.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bill
The car you refer to as living in Fresno belonged to SailRacer. He definately sold it. It appears to Deep Purple and now apparently owned by 951 Obession. I got a ride in it during a NorCal Pizza run. Definately pearl white stock. Sailracer was an audio installer, so the stock radio was changed out. The car also had some suspension mods if I remember. We were leading the group on a twisty behind my home and sailracer was putting it through its paces. We left the group pretty far behind and I was worried that the group would not find their way back. Most did fortunately. I remember Tom Guinn's car started the run but did not finish, engine trouble. But I digress. The paint in 951 Obeession's picture looks much better than when I rode in it.

yes, very nice suspension upgrades. the front is a bit soft right now, but that'll get fixed very soon......

the car has been known to leave people behind in twisties...

i think i'll go down and ask sailracer for a discount on a stereo. hahaha.

btw- i thought sailracer lived in Stockton?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is the 7th distinct pearl white 951, VIN 6860: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pearl...temZ4640244722 . It looks pearl white to me in the photos -- and the seller says it's pearl.

If true, then this sighting busts the "only 6 pearl white 951" myth. Still rare and gorgeous, though....
Old 05-15-2006, 08:38 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

i've heard 8 and i've heard 18 or 16.........

either way, that's not a lot of cars......

and arent the pearl whites the earliest ones because they were promo cars?

just what i heard......
Old 05-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine just bought the one from Baltimore. Not sure if it's an 86 though....and yes this color is beautiful.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
chrly924s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a friend in Greeneville, Tn that just bought an 86 951 w/ 68k on the clock. The car is pearl white, matching Fuchs, and a perfect burgandy interior. I've tried to swap him my 87 951 for it, but no go!!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Juan,

If you get a chance, can you do me a favor and check your option sticker for M60 or M81. I still have no idea to what these codes refer...

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

That one's nice.

Juan, is yours actually PEARL or Alpine White? Looks like it could be alpine white (mine is). If it's pearl, are you 100% certain it's original? Do you have the option code sticker for it?

If it's original - are the engine bays and tubs painted pearl as well, or just the areas you'd see? I saw one a while back that was pearl but had an alpine white engine bay and tub, making me suspicious that it wasn't original.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Juan, is yours actually PEARL or Alpine White? Looks like it could be alpine white (mine is). If it's pearl, are you 100% certain it's original? Do you have the option code sticker for it?
I've seen his car in person -- it's pearl white. IIRC, I think this is the car that used to belong to deep_purple and then another Rennlister before him -- but I'm sure out big Mexican friend can confirm that shortly.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Way cool. . .

Might have to look into a pearl white respray. . .

Quick Reply: Yet another pearl white for sale