Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AVG TIME TO GET GURU PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:12 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '86 944 turbo
The 364 kit is out. You guys should see how fast the car is with this kit.
Did anyone else know that Dannos 364 kit was out????? Its the first I've heard of it???
Old 10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Judson951
On the other hand I think you just need to be in contact with him before you place your order and see if its in stock.
I and many others have. In fact, he told me he had them ready to go and they would ship the next day when I paid. After a ton of e-mails I recieved them 4 weeks later.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by '86 944 turbo
Danno has the best products. I've got his 364 kit and it is amazing. So i'm 100% happy with Danno. To those people who don't like doing business with Danno then take your money and buy from elsewhere. You'll be the one missing out on his great products and low price's.
Please qualify this statement. What comparison are you using when you say "best products"? How is the Guru map kit better then SFR's or PD's? How are the guru chips better then the Vitesse? How is the guru W/G better then the 38mm tial or LR dual port? How is the Guru 364 better then the Vitesse stage 2, SFR stage 3, LR 363, or one of the new GT30 set-ups? Please enlighten me on these, I would love to know.

I'm glad that your pleased with your products from Guru but this is the exact comment that we see way too much of on this list and inappropriatly sways decisions because someone is a "cool guy".
Old 10-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

ztnedman1: 2 BITS ... 4 BITS ... 6 BITS ... A DOLLAR .. ALL FLORIDA GATORS GET UP AND HOLLER
Finishing my graduate degree in computer engineering and attending law school here

Jeremy,
I agree. The absence of qualification in a large percentage of claims here is very annoying. I just ignore anything that starts with; 'i think', 'it should', 'i thought' etc.... I have however gleaned sufficient evidence from the board that guru doesn't ship things on time. This evidence is qualified. I don't feel like waiting around to have my car running. I did that all summer. I guess that isn't that bad since I was in Tallahassee (aka Horribletown). Road suck there compared to everywhere else in Florida .... and my air doesn't really work so much which doesn't work well in the summer here :-).
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Please qualify this statement. What comparison are you using when you say "best products"? How is the Guru map kit better then SFR's or PD's? How are the guru chips better then the Vitesse? How is the guru W/G better then the 38mm tial or LR dual port? How is the Guru 364 better then the Vitesse stage 2, SFR stage 3, LR 363, or one of the new GT30 set-ups? Please enlighten me on these, I would love to know.

I would also like to know how you came up with Guru is the best??? I don't think you have a clue as to what you are claiming.........have you tried any other vendors products??? Cause alot of us have and we ACTUALLY have dyno sheets to PROVE it..........please produce your Dyno sheets to back up your claims..........and I still don't remember Danno ever releasing his 364 kit??
Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2004, 01:25 AM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
ztnedman1: 2 BITS ... 4 BITS ... 6 BITS ... A DOLLAR .. ALL FLORIDA GATORS GET UP AND HOLLER
I SAID ITS GREAT...... TO BE....... A TENNESSEE VOL! hahaha ScoreBoard im jk.

Id actually like to see dyno sheets on other set up besides the guru's. Ive seen dynos for guru set up like ones that i want and i really like how they look. It be nice to compare them with others. I dont know though. I really like the guru set up alot. Hopefully I have good service with guru. I havent heard any negatives about powerworks, so they seem to be relaible.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike:
Old 10-06-2004, 01:35 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read this post with high interest. I had many times spoken in favor of a certain company, and everytime been taken to task for it. Seems we want it both ways many times. I make no apoligies for bad customer service. Sometimes the service or lack of it is caused by lack of company cash flow funds with small vendors. Trying to offer good products for low prices is often the root cause. There just is not enough profit there to remain faithful to the principles. we have seen this over and over.

I think the products should be left out of the argument also. It is unfair to compare systems because of their suppliers inability to supply. As stated, the parts are usually available from other sources. At anytime, the running of a business is a very hairy thing. One minute your up, the next your fighting to stay afloat. I suggest to many here, take a crack at it before you get to critical.

I am very close to one supplier, due to my engine project. I have seen first hand the daily trials companies go through. Just the other day, a fellow customer was telling me about an email he got from a certain rennlister who told him about how this rennlister had not received his 2.7L block back after the machine work. Now for the real truth. This particular customer, (I'd call him something else)
dropped off a dirty assembled BTM end and asked for the biggest Liners possible to be installed. After telling them he would send some deposit money, he left. Well the BTM end was disassembled, inspected, cleaned, measured, etc. An invoice for this work was submitted, but this guy never returned calls, did not return faxes, and just left his jumk there and never paid for the work he had requested to be done. If you are reading this Mr. "G" , you know who you are. You sir, you left work unpaid for at this vendor, after asking for it to be done. Then you lied about the facts.

Why did I rant on. Well, its this sort of d''''k who gives us customers a bad name. We are known for been cheap. We want better products, better vendors etc. We must do our part too. We must be responsible and if we create an expense, we must pay for that expense.
As a group, to find faults with vendors, we must also face the faults we cause them also. \

If good products and service is what you want, then do the homework, and select the company you do business with carefully. The cream rises to the top.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:25 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ztnedman1
GO UT VOLS!

Im assuming you go to florida gator_86_951? Off topic but just wondering.

I wish vitesse gave me more comfort in thier upgrades since their service seems exellent by what ive heard here. Im going to go for powerworks and see how they are. I have not heard anything bad about them. Im confident the Guru kit will be excellent.... im just worrided about getting it now with Danno. Im guessing powerworks already has the guru part in stock so recieving them wont be a problem.... regardless im finding out before i order.

Remember you will need service after the purchase also, I will not go into my 1.5 year Guru dealings, search is your friend.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:13 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztnedman1
GO UT VOLS!
I wish vitesse gave me more comfort in thier upgrades since their service seems exellent by what ive heard here. Im going to go for powerworks and see how they are. I have not heard anything bad about them. Im confident the Guru kit will be excellent.... im just worrided about getting it now with Danno. Im guessing powerworks already has the guru part in stock so recieving them wont be a problem.... regardless im finding out before i order.

What were you not comfortable with? I have used Vetesse for 1 1/2 years never a problem. I have a stage 2 kit and john and I have been working on building a motor. I have recieved the stage 2 kit, pistons etc..on time.

John will work with you in a sensible way. If you want to put a kit together on a budget he can do it. You can only put it together in a certain way. You can't buy the turbo first and not the MAF or SMT6, you get the picture.

Don't bash someone if you your does not know how to build a kit.

John does not sell you what you want to hear, he sells you proven products and great service. Call partwerks when your products screw up, see what they say..Got to call Danno!! round and round you go!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:31 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

.....Im not bashing john at all. Its just a feeling that i think the Guru kit will be easier to work with and install. That doesnt mean im right..... but if im going to spend $1800, im going to go with what makes me feel more comfortable. Right now im just in the begining stages of the purchase, im still shopping, and right now im leaning towards the guru kit. I still have to call and talk to these guys before i buy from them. Right now i feel more comfortable with guru, that doesnt mean in a month or 2 from now when im ready to buy that that will be the same case.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:50 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

I wish you good luck. Just remember, as you put a "HP" kit together, all the components support each other. ie.. turbo flows xyz, the MAF has to low xyz, you need xyz fuel. Check and see if you need a cam to produce 364 rwhp and is 364 rwhp or crank HP..Lots of questions.....I see no Dyno sheets

Thats my 2 cents. Make sure your apples to apples or you might be surprised!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

.......364??...... im not getting the 364 kit....... im getting the map stage 1.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:34 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Hey my bad.. the post is so long and boring, I must of thought thats what you were trying to get..

Long and short of it.."buyer beware" do your research.

Quick Reply: AVG TIME TO GET GURU PARTS