Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AVG TIME TO GET GURU PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:07 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeaagesen
O sorry, I still need to become a member to read the OT. I was thinking he was asking for advice. My bad.

either way I think it was a poke at Danno for having the time to post in the OT as opposed to running his business...............
Old 10-03-2004, 03:10 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't GURU Racing have Danno and Travis????
Old 10-03-2004, 03:15 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Doesn't GURU Racing have Danno and Travis????

Travis and Danno had a falling out and it was played out on the board not that long ago.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:23 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This **** is for at best OT, or at least not on here... all of these "Where's Danno" type threads are issues between the purchaser and the seller and are a waste of space in a situation where space is now an issue for John D. This is like a womens sewing circle...
Old 10-03-2004, 03:30 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NZ951
This **** is for at best OT, or at least not on here... all of these "Where's Danno" type threads are issues between the purchaser and the seller and are a waste of space in a situation where space is now an issue for John D. This is like a womens sewing circle...

You are right NZ but how many times has this **** happened now????? Danno has more posts on Rennlist than anyone so I guess when people can't get a hold of him they try the list. I know you support him fully as do I but alot of people have had MAJOR delay issues with receiving items they have already paid for. Its too bad really cause Danno is a good guy and his knowledge of 951's is vast............
Old 10-03-2004, 03:34 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never bought anything off him so I cant speak as to his service, people can search if they want to review tuner performance, but reading someones personal delivery issue does not add to the knowledge of the forum.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pk951
How many years has this been going on, i can't belive people still buy parts from this guy. When we have so many other good venders out there. If you are in the market for a set of chips or turbo system,or pb you can't go wrong with Vitesse products, plus the is service excellent. Order something from Vitesse, and you will recive it in the appropriate time same goes sfr and Lindsey.
I had my first dealings with him in 2000 then again in 2003 nothings changed. The reason people keep buying from him is because most of the people here are cheap and he has the cheapest price. They don’t seem to factor in the cost of time and frustration.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
jyoon
Burning Brakes

yeah, no sheet. why the hell would anyone still buy parts from? imho his parts are no better than others and service is awful. i wouldn't be suprised if there is a cash flow problem somewhere along the line.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:19 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Because the price is excellent and he always comes through in the end.
Tony
Old 10-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UK952
Because the price is excellent and he always comes through in the end.
Tony
Not always. Sometimes it amazes me what a Porsche owner will do or put up with to save a $100. I've noticed over the last few years that the average 951 owner's age has really declined and in general the ownership has become much cheaper with the wallet. I always chuckle when someone tries to start a group buy to save $5 on a $40 part.

Most of these people who "run" their own business in real world and do these sort of things are not usually in business very long. Would you put up with it at a resturant or your with your landscaper?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:02 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Well its a trade off you deal with an enthusiast who runs a business as a sideline but because he enjoys it he amasses a large amount of information which is put back into the projects. I am generally not in a rush for the latest bit, my car has evolved over the time I have owned it and will continue to do so. I do not necessarily need new chips yesterday.

If it was a critical part that I was missing to get the car running then maybe it would be more of an issue. regular spares - cap and rotor / brake pads etc.

Before modding the car do research - you will find that some suppliers are better than others in various areas.

My chip kit took a while but they work, at a dyno day we had here the guru chips got better results than cars with custom mapping.

Just my view, but Danno must be doing something right or these threads would have killed his business long ago.

Tony
Old 10-04-2004, 10:01 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I try to stay away from these threads for the most part, but Ive been very happy in my dealings with Danno- I was in no hurry and he answered every email in a timely manner for me. 1 reburn later and the car is running great, need to adjust the fuel map a tad around 5grand+ but overall the car looks good from my wideband. He only saw one dyno chart, so I think he did a good job.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Not always. Sometimes it amazes me what a Porsche owner will do or put up with to save a $100. I've noticed over the last few years that the average 951 owner's age has really declined and in general the ownership has become much cheaper with the wallet. I always chuckle when someone tries to start a group buy to save $5 on a $40 part.
No kidding.......hey jeremy are you in on the "Valve stem" group buy???
Old 10-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Maybe he just doesn't like everyone here?? I know the customers that we have some I will jump thru hoops for and others.............well.
He always responds to my emails, and sends things on time. Maybe I'm just have more paitence than some. Then again I also don't email him every couple of days asking where my stuff is, and then post here complaining about it.
That's why your can research beforehand or dispute your credit card company and order from someone else.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jsonnen
No kidding.......hey jeremy are you in on the "Valve stem" group buy???

Sam

Quick Reply: AVG TIME TO GET GURU PARTS