Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Group Buy: PLX M300 wideband oxygen sensor and/or the Power Perfect SMT6

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm seeing a $30 break on the innovate and a $15 break on the PLX...

Nobody can do any better on the PLX?

The innovate has some great features...but I dont need any of them. And I would much rather have a real display that I can monitor at all times.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with you Adrial. The Innovate is nice but I too want the real time display.

Don't forget FREE shipping if we get to ten units. That adds a little more value.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:42 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i'm with Adrial,
The Innovate is also free shipping, with only 5 people...!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Free Shipping to Taiwan too? :P If the product is good, the guys over here will want another 10pcs at least. :lol:
Old 02-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by p0wp0w
yeah i'm with Adrial,
The Innovate is also free shipping, with only 5 people...!
Hmmm, I don't have an answer guys.

Stephen?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:41 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hhmm! does the inovative have a USB cable for the computer. can I pay on the 15th on the m300 if i go that way.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:02 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Mike B
I agree with you Adrial. The Innovate is nice but I too want the real time display.

Don't forget FREE shipping if we get to ten units. That adds a little more value.
Ok, I'm back in.
Thanks, MySwiss!

Only, now I don't know what to get...
I thought the display on the Innovate was realtime? Granted it not as nice as a normal display. It's more like a tool.. But, isn't it still realtime?

Also, What kind of datalogging can the SMT6 do? If you hook up to the PLX can it log the AF?

Can any of them log the boost?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm a bit on the fanatic shopper side when it comes to buying big dollar items. (for me at least). Back to searching the web...
Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Innovate does display in real time, screen is a little big for permanent mounting though. They're working on a permanent display but it's expensive. You could build or modify a gauge to 0-1v range to read off the LM-1's narrowband output, but that's more work, though not expensive to buy at $65 or so from a number of vendors, like the Rennbay one.

Innovate is working on their external input to allow boost, injector pulse, tps, maf, any signal to be datalogged alongside, will be out in a few months for another $200. They've been very good about meeting their deadlines for release. The inductive RPM pickup is already out. Log RPM with boost and the a/f ratio and you can street tune so easily...

That's why I want the LM-1 over anything else.

Sam
Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

BTW, check out the links to various discussions on the Innovate page at www.tuneyourengine.com and go to the different forums, there is a lot of good information and user feedback - see if it's for you.

Sam
Old 02-03-2004, 12:30 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sam I'll check it out...

Dan
Still searching and Learning...
Old 02-03-2004, 12:34 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be interestedin the Innovate myself.....not sure yet. Will be a few more days before I know for sure. Do you know what the costs are for the additional display unit for it so that you can have that mounted in your car at all times? Is it a lit unit? The manual doesn't describe too much about it and the website doesn't mention any more about the LCD remote display. Being able to have both real time and datalogging would be excellent, I may end up having to wait some time before being able to get a MAF or MAP, so being able to know what I've got now would be awesome. Datalogging would make it better since I could concentrate on driving and not on watching the display while I'm at WOT and I don't have a passenger to try to watch the display for me.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:50 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by turbo944
I may be interestedin the Innovate myself.....not sure yet. Will be a few more days before I know for sure. Do you know what the costs are for the additional display unit for it so that you can have that mounted in your car at all times? Is it a lit unit? The manual doesn't describe too much about it and the website doesn't mention any more about the LCD remote display. Being able to have both real time and datalogging would be excellent, I may end up having to wait some time before being able to get a MAF or MAP, so being able to know what I've got now would be awesome. Datalogging would make it better since I could concentrate on driving and not on watching the display while I'm at WOT and I don't have a passenger to try to watch the display for me.
The display unit is under Product Roadmap on the Innovate website.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/roadmap.php
It's not out and is expected to be around $180. I was thinking of coming up with a light that would come on at a certain voltage I have this neat little electric gadget that might work for that. Where did I put that...
Anyway, it would light one lite at say 13.5 a/f. Something that would indicate to me that I'm in trouble on the track. The rest I would just look at offline as you say, keeping the eyes on the road...

In my searches I came up with this...
http://www.canspeed.com/SMT6InstallGuide.pdf
Old 02-03-2004, 02:35 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

No longer on the fence.
I'm in for the Innovate LM1.
Thanks,
Dan

still waffeling on the SMT6
Is this the partnumber?
SMT6-DEV-KIT1
Old 02-03-2004, 12:43 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Sorry for the late reply guys. The 2 units are being discounted equaly(11%).

As for what people want? It depends if you have dataloging capabilities already or not. Anyone using the SMT6 , will not need the Innovate product, cause the SMT6 will do it all. But without dataloging capabilities, you will certainly want the Innovate.

Guys who want to use the Innovate with a smaller screan, can check out www.gadgetseller.com they offer a smaller illuminated screan, that could work, with the innovate.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:54 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Im 95% in for the PLX if I can pay on the 15th, just need to do some reading to make sure I dont want the innovate.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: PLX M300 wideband oxygen sensor and/or the Power Perfect SMT6