Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt H , I sent you an e-mail.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Can I get a clarification of this GB? I'm in on an SMT6, is that still going to happen, and if so, who do I order from. I'm also in on the LM-1, through Stephen. When does each GB end?

Sam
Old 02-11-2004, 12:42 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Sam . I will honor the group buy , for the wide band till the 16th. On that date, people will be billed through Paypal or Visa and Mastercard. As for the Vitesse SMT6 , I believe that he will honor is price till the 15th.

Steven
Euro Parts Etc
Old 02-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for 100 more I would buy the SMT6 (which I already did long time ago)
I do not think one can adjust it right without the help from John. It is just to many parameters to manage it if you don't have enough experience with this devise.

Konstantin
Old 02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I might be interested in both the Wideband and SMT6 for my 944 Turbo. I currently have a spare Haltech E6K engine management system and was considering putting it in the car. However, I don't want to go through the trouble of ditching everything so the piggyback option looks attractive.

Another piggyback that guys I know talk about is the Greddy E-Manage. From what I understand it has more load points than the SMT6 and is priced about the same. The downside is that I don't know anyone like John who can support it for our cars.

I am going to purchase a Haltech E11 for another car and will need a wide band unit on that one as well. Knowing that I have two cars that will both have data logging capability (Haltech and SMT6) which wideband should I go with? It would be nice to purchase only one and switch between cars. Did you guys check out the gauge that FJO has? Very nice.

Mike B - give me a shout to discuss these items. We may have to do a little joint installation session (once my car is running again of course.)
Old 02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Lagavulin
Three Wheelin'

Default Kick-*** Wide Band O2 Unit...

I did NOT read thru the entire 9 pages, so I don't know if anyone mentioned the following unit:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

I bought one several months ago (..$350) and am VERY happy with it. It will log and store 44 minutes of air/fuel data at a rate of 3 points per second. It won 'Best New Product' at the 2003 SEMA show.

Sometime 1Q 2004 an add-on module will be available which will allow tracking and logging 4 more items (..$199):

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/roadmap.php

With this module one can simutaneously track RPM, air/fuel, injector timing, manifold pressure, and a temp.

This is one great product, and I highly recommend it. With this unit, there is no need to spend time on a dyno to tune air/fuel, and as a result, will quickly pay for itself in the form of not having to use a dyno unnecessarily.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

LM-1 is included, at least skim the posts quickly before looking clueless...

SoloRacer, for mobile use, the LM-1 is the clear choice.

Konstantin, John's price is amazing. If I wanted to plug and play and make max power, I'd buy from him in a heartbeat. I'm using it to experiment and learn on multiple cars - different situation.

Sam
Old 02-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Lagavulin
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Sam Lin
...at least skim the posts quickly before looking clueless...
'Clueless'?
Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by SoloRacer
I might be interested in both the Wideband and SMT6 for my 944 Turbo. I currently have a spare Haltech E6K engine management system and was considering putting it in the car. However, I don't want to go through the trouble of ditching everything so the piggyback option looks attractive.

Another piggyback that guys I know talk about is the Greddy E-Manage. From what I understand it has more load points than the SMT6 and is priced about the same. The downside is that I don't know anyone like John who can support it for our cars.

I am going to purchase a Haltech E11 for another car and will need a wide band unit on that one as well. Knowing that I have two cars that will both have data logging capability (Haltech and SMT6) which wideband should I go with? It would be nice to purchase only one and switch between cars. Did you guys check out the gauge that FJO has? Very nice.

Mike B - give me a shout to discuss these items. We may have to do a little joint installation session (once my car is running again of course.)
Definitely Erik...and no problem.

I'm going with the SMT6 from John (Vitesse) as well. Suddenly Kraft dinner has become my staple diet.

My understanding / thinking is John has a "method" to use the PLX and datalog. As I have only one car (who the heck can afford two of these ) I will stick with the PLX as the display is included.

If I had more than one car I would certainly pick up the Innovate LM-1 as I consider it more of a tool than a permanent installation.

Am I right or am I ...well you know
Old 02-11-2004, 10:57 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Soloracer, the Innovate is what you want. It will allow you to easily datalog without needing to recalibrate your Piggy back or Halltech. You plug it in, drive, data log, and view(on laptop prferably) and do it again, until everything runs great.

As for the permanemt disply, the will be releasing a 52mm digital gauge in the near future, which will work with the auxillary output. For those who can't wait, you can use the gadgetseller display for less the 80$.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 PM
MySwiss
Pro

Soloracer, the Innovate is what you want. It will allow you to easily datalog without needing to recalibrate your Piggy back or Halltech. You plug it in, drive, data log, and view(on laptop preferably) and do it again, until everything runs great.

As for the permanent display, the will be releasing a 52mm digital gauge in the near future, which will work with the axillary output. For those who can't wait, you can use the gadgetseller display for less the 80$.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stephen, please send me an e-mail to work out details and payment.

Sam
Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Another question....I currently have a k27/8 turbo, 55 lb injectors and a 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulator. I am running with Guru Racing chips and a Greddy Profec B boost controller. If I go with the SMT6 can I go back to my stock chips? Will boost cut be an issue or can the SMT6 override that?

I also noticed that on the Perfect Power website they list applications for the Porsche 944 Turbo 1986-1988. My car is a 1989 with the chips that have more pins. Is this going to be an issue for the SMT6? Why does the website exclude the 1989 model?
Old 02-12-2004, 02:21 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

My Swiss: I will take one of your Innovate wideband systems. I'm also going to take one of the SMT6 systems. So where does that put us at now?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:08 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

If I switch from the PLX -> the Innovate, how many is that for the Innovate...I'm still debating on which one I need but it looks like I'm leaning towards the Innovate becuase its a better deal and comes with a bung...

Quick Reply: Group Buy: PLX M300 wideband oxygen sensor and/or the Power Perfect SMT6