Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Group Buy: PLX M300 wideband oxygen sensor and/or the Power Perfect SMT6

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:02 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested on the m300. but need to know when is the cut off date for the group buy.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:20 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Perry 951
Mike.. toss me on the list for the SMT-6. I agree.. support is nice, so perhaps John (fast951) should be in on this. John, would you like to be a possible vendor on the group buy? Let Mike know what you can offer, and for what price.
Thank you for the offer, but I'll have to pass. Competing with mail order places is not my thing. It will not be fair for existing customers that paid for the support, and will continue to receive in the future. The SMT6 is already on special, check the Vitesse website.

Make sure you get a list of the items that you will be getting with your package deal.

As for the WideBand kit, I strongly recommend you go with MySwiss. Keep in mind, going with a Vendor that knows your car will save you plenty of time and money in the long run. MySwiss is known on this list, and he is planning for the long term, so he'll be around when you need him.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

I am in for the PLX WB. When is the cut off date for the group buy?
Old 01-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

John, was just checking your special price, and noticed the "falling turbo" icon on your site, very gimmicky but I like it!

Sam
Old 01-31-2004, 01:12 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see that it does data logging. But the other device on the
bnecustoms.com site is both portable and does data logging. I wonder if they would allow that one in on the group buy?

This is the device I'm talking about.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php
Old 01-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Innovate has done GBs with other sites before, LS1.com is one, it would be a good idea to go straight to them.

Sam
Old 01-31-2004, 01:34 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be happy to be in on A WB02 kit as I am getting ready to purchase in the next 2 weeks. I dont much care where it comes from but has anyone called Lindsey? I think people have been very happy with their unit and it stores (I believe it is a UEGO unit). I would prefer either that unit or (even better) the tech edge unit.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wasn't aware John (Vitesse Racing) had the SMT6 on special. Given his reputation for support and customer service you have me thinking and thinking hard. John, can you confirm the M300 would work with the SMT6 and datalog?

My whole motivation for the SMT6 was independance. I'm into my 6th week waiting for a second set of chips as the first were defective. I waited about 6 weeks for the first set too! If this was summer I would not be happy. It doesn't take 6 weeks to send anything from the US the Canada!

Also, Apex Modified isn't a mail order company. I was going to attend their store and pick the stuff up myself or arrange shipping in person which would take care of a number of issues

The SMT6 will come with everything including the unit, harness, delevopment CD and wiring diagrams through download from the Apex site.

Eric didn't give me a closing date. He is probably waiting for me to get back to him with a number.

Stephen, I sent you a PM.

Songzzz, I got your message and tried to send you a PM but you box is full. You're definitely on the list.

Matt, I haven't contacted Lindsey Racing. I have to be honest and was trying to save some money so went with the M300 as I believe it will work with the SMT6.

Thanks for the input everybody. I appreciate it!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:48 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Mike B
I wasn't aware John (Vitesse Racing) had the SMT6 on special. Given his reputation for support and customer service you have me thinking and thinking hard. John, can you confirm the M300 would work with the SMT6 and datalog?

Mike, I'm not familiar with the M300. However, based on their documentation, they generate both a 0-1v and a 0-5v signals. The 0-1v is similar to the the stock O2 sensor and will be logged as such. The SMT6 does not log Wideband Signal, however there are ways around it.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:25 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Fast951 so the price for the SMT6 is $750 is that on sale or am i looking at something else
Old 01-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

http://www.vitesseracing.com/Announc...uncements.html

Definitely got me thinking...Just trying to get my head around the associated costs of getting to me.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

MySwiss's group offer will save us even more as he is offering a reduced shipping price. The unit price, depending on quanity, is the same. Not to mention he is a trusted Rennlist member so the group purchase will be through him.

If we get 10 shipping is free!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Redeye
Racer

Sign me up for the PLX M300! I was actually going to buy one this week, but if I can get it cheaper...
Old 02-01-2004, 12:40 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DanD
I don't see that it does data logging. But the other device on the
bnecustoms.com site is both portable and does data logging. I wonder if they would allow that one in on the group buy?

This is the device I'm talking about.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php
MySwiss,
Can you get this one? I'd like to give you the business, but I need more flexibility. (I have 3 cars that need to be tested and tuned).
Thanks,
Old 02-01-2004, 01:51 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

Can someone please throwout a ending date?
Not to sound ungrateful (in fact I think that this is very very fortunate)
but theres like 3-4 different group buys going on in this thread, its hard to distinguish who is in which one and how many people and when it ends.

Thanks alot, I'm in for the PLX depending on the end date, preferably from MySwiss

Quick Reply: Group Buy: PLX M300 wideband oxygen sensor and/or the Power Perfect SMT6