Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anybody know Michael G. Wachholz? He has my $

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 04:43 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody know Michael G. Wachholz? He has my $

I bought $1100 worth of parts off this guy as a Christmas present to myself when I went home on leave before Christmas, and he assured me they would be sent out after Xmas. Then it was after New Years, now I can't even get a hold of this guy. He won't return my emails, my folks can't reach him on the phone, and I am wondering if anyone knows of his whereabouts- perhaps he is out of town or something. I'd hate to accuse him of trying to scam me w/o knowing all the details, but this is a lot of $ on the line I sent on good faith. I am in Iraq for another month, and there's not a whole lot I can do from here- he was supopsed to ship the parts to my mechanic in Florida to install before I got home.
He owns www.prospeedmotorsport.com some brake fluid company out in Bloomington, Minnesota. Any info, such as his cell number would be great. I had it once but lost it, and all I have now is his office number, which noone seems to answer. Between my folks and my mechanic, have probably left 10 msgs for em...
Thanks.
-Randy

Last edited by CPTdooberhead; 01-24-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:47 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ooooh... methinks you missed Matt H's big thread about Mike.

Someone needs to pay him a visit to his doorstep and tell him to get his act together!!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Randy - two things

1) he said he was shipping a number of things this week and next week.

2) I have been assured that we will get our stuff (by numerous listers) but that he is slow as hell.

When I mentioned this to my wife I actually mentioned that I was glad I hadnt bought the parts that you did!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:22 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Randy, This guy has been a problem .... i know Manning had a big let down on getting some souped up alternator he now wishes he never came across.

I thought Wachholz was in St. Paul but maybe he moved out to Bloomington. In any event I am pretty close to either spot so send me the details of your transaction and I will go out and talk to him. And beat him to a pulp if required.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:04 AM
chilibluepepper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem with him last year, when I tried to buy some brake caliper parts from Prospeed. I promptly sent my money out via Paypal, but never got the parts, and never heard from the guy. He did not return any of my phone calls, or emails. I had to resolve the issue through Paypal, and my credit card's complaint resolution process - after a few months worth of aggravation!
Old 01-24-2004, 11:05 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

email him this thread, maybe he will get smart and realize his biz will go down the tubes via word of mouth...
Old 01-24-2004, 12:04 PM
superjet.1
Pro

I know your pain andrew zorilla got alot of us here for cash. Do not sent anyone except reputable companys moneys up front for parts with out a reciept or credit card confirmation. Its just plain dumb i hope it works out for you but dont hold your breath if there was a problem any reputable person would have called and told you so. Sorry to see this kind of thig happen again and again.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:05 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Ugh, wish I had known all this before, but did not have much time to sit on it, as I had to return to Iraq. I had never had problems from rennlisters before...
Iceshark, thanks for the concern (I still have your light kit sitting in my room waiting to be installed when I get home!). His address is on his website. I sent him an $1100 check which cleared, and I have emails from him saying it cleared, and that he would ship it out asap, etc. First after Xmas, then after the new year, then he told my folks over the phone he was having problems figuring out how to ship the hatch, but would send it out (this was a few weeks ago). Alas, no word from him. I would appreciate any help you can offer!
My mechanic in Florida is trying to get through to him as well, and I know has called the cops in Michaels area to find out the deal on this guy, and what can be done. He's really going the extra mile for me.
Thanks guys.
-Randy
Old 01-24-2004, 05:47 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

Originally posted by jason952
email him this thread, maybe he will get smart and realize his biz will go down the tubes via word of mouth...
Hmm this vendor appears to me as a repeat offender. Even if he cleaned up his act I'd never give him one dollar's worth of business. Far as I am concerned he's toast.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:10 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ics shark, could you send me some info on all your light kits? Sorry for the hijack...
Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

See prior threads on this board, or...

http://www.audifans.com/archives/1997/08/msg00589.html

http://www.audifans.com/archives/1997/05/msg00661.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/archiv...x.php/t-100776
Old 01-24-2004, 06:39 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well..... thats 1 more vendor on my never to buy from list !
Old 01-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Sounds like we need a sells feedback system.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:59 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why doesnt someone go around to this house and get product or money back? Someone must live near him. I would.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:46 PM
chilibluepepper
Racer

Is there some way to bounce these deadbeats from Rennlist altogether? Or at least create a rating system as suggested by Magown, perhaps something like Ebay. No reason for people to go through the same bad experience with the same deadbeat. The Rennlist community represents a sizeable population of potential customers, who are inherently trusting of other Rennlisters. If someone abuses that privilege they should get the big boot!

Quick Reply: Anybody know Michael G. Wachholz? He has my $