Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Porsche 944 Turbo restomod

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 01:32 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fascinating info about the fuel map at 4k. I wonder if there just happens to be a sweet spot of airflow (minimized turbulence) right at that RPM and flow rate?

Regarding the damper, I wonder what would happen if you had two? One at the end of the fuel rail, one in the fuel line before it like you have now. I’m not sure if it would improve anything, but in theory it would help absorb more shock in the line. As long as it didn’t develop a resonance between the two it should be even better (more consistent, quieter).

Sorry about the transmission. That really sucks.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:38 PM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jmj951
Fascinating info about the fuel map at 4k. I wonder if there just happens to be a sweet spot of airflow (minimized turbulence) right at that RPM and flow rate?

Regarding the damper, I wonder what would happen if you had two? One at the end of the fuel rail, one in the fuel line before it like you have now. I’m not sure if it would improve anything, but in theory it would help absorb more shock in the line. As long as it didn’t develop a resonance between the two it should be even better (more consistent, quieter).

Sorry about the transmission. That really sucks.
More fuel around torque peak is normal.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:57 PM
Nitram T
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great read. Amazing result best attention to detail I’ve ever seen. Absolutely stunning!

Hope you do not break the engine. To me it seems a little down on power of what could be expected. I use a Tial 38 mm on mine works great.

Really really nice car. Would be nice to know How you get the engine sorted out. What engine Oil do you use?
Old 10-11-2023, 01:19 PM
Frank@Work
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Thank you.
I'm not concerned about breaking the engine, because of the conservative tune. The broken transmission has been repaired and next week I will pick it up from the rebuilder. There is still some good weather days left in the season so I probably will be finishing the tune.
I use Motul 300V 15W50 engine oil and Red Line 78W140NS transmission oil. Rock solid oil pressure and no need to add oil between oil changes (approx. 3000 miles).

Quick Reply: Porsche 944 Turbo restomod