Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2? S? 89? 88?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:35 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, listen, i believe this because ive seen it happen at autocrosses
also...whats this other definition of a muscle car..the new GTO refers to a muscle car because the GTO the REAL GTO was a muscle car straight out of the sixties..the quote unquote MUSCLE ERA...these arent my words and these arent my cars these are actual things ive SEEN and READ FOR YEARS in magazines like Hot Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy, ect ect ect....those might not mean diddly to you but...thats really not the point..i cant believe how offended you seem to be...i feel quite offended that my opinion is so shot down....your camaro, isnt balanced, front engine and tranny...look for a zo6 that got over a full g-force in car and driver if u want more balance.....i never said a 944 didnt handle well..i said the SCCA camaros beat my 944 and the 968 and the 928 and the 951...i was a corner watcher and i witnessed a brand new GT2 HARDLY beat a 98 C5 vette...i considerd it bad driving as i know the gt2 is SPECTACULAR....i dont want to offend anyone on this forum i dont want to offend anyone, i want to make the point that its just opinions and that you guys all harped on kenny coulter.....I LOVE PORSCHES, im currently reading my new issue of excellence and i also have a few years of panorama..and PCA wont even let me participate, i did the OVERLY SIMPLE junior tech quiz at the boise parade in about a minute and got a 100% ive worked 3 different jobs (and a paper route) since i was 14 to be able to afford my cars...my 944 doesnt handle the way it should and ive saved every cent i can but still cant afford to do the things i want to do for my car...all ive really said is that for equal money porsches arent that great of a deal, and the press is that critic not me.....did u not notice that i said my dream was a 944 s2 Cab turbo....notice also that this car has balance and could be had and fully modified for less then the price of a new porsche, including the suspenion the carbon fiber the race seats, every detail...go take a peak at dfastest951 for the coupe rendition of my dream car...i was fairly offended by some of the things said on this post and was only giving examples of some things i enjoy..i mentioned id rather have a 67 vette then a new boxster and i dont consider you guys CAR guys if you cant see that car is desireable...i consider all of you guys porsche supremists with narrow minded views....when it comes to american cars im chevrolet all the way but i can still enjoy a fast mustang or viper..even if neither of those cars are cars id ever think of owning...do YOU view the ferrari enzo as a peice of junk...does PCAs reputation as a PEOPLE club only stand true within the members..DO you look down on other cars at an SCCA event..is this seriously something im going to have to deal with in my future with owning and enjoying these cars..if i go to a pca event 20 years from now and mention i own an american car from the sixties are they going to ask why i havent sold it yet...what is your reason for owning that gorgeous firebird..is it really JUST a garage queen..are you that VAIN...

here is the important part:
I SERIOUSLY HOPE SOMEBODY FINDS IT IN THEM TO EXCUSE MY BEING ANGRY AND ASSURE ME THAT IM NO LONGER GOING TO BE TOLD TO GO ELSE WHERE WHEN IVE ATE, SLEPT, AND DREAMED PORSCHE SINCE I GOT MY LISCENSE
Old 11-01-2003, 12:00 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

ok, im calmed down now, i had this thought earlier today, thought it was kind of funny....."why dont we all do ourselves and kenny a favor and simply recommend a 928" now, the reason i didnt ever mention this before is that i prefer the 944 to the 928, lighter, more balanced, better handling, more fun, the 928 is a grand tourer, it is a very nice car: way nicer interior and build then my 944 as far as i can tell...i didnt mention this because i didnt want people to think im only into strait line performance, not at all, i enjoy what i call muscle cars because they are also called classics....porsche has 50+ year of classics and a very very large heritage and pride in tradition, pride in its handling and comfort, refinement, prestige..."its not speed that matters its VELOCITY"...since porsche left motorsports after winning le mans in 98' the press believes Porsche has lost its soul....open up the issuse of excellence i know u just got in the mail and skip past the cayenne bashing and go to page 60 and start reading about the carrera gt, this car might be too fast for the proper example here? it might have too much hp? it might be too light? WHAT? no its a pure bred race car turned street car, its what i imagine all of desire in a driving experience, (remember i havent driven one, lol) but id hope its goes back to the 550 and the 73 carrera 2.7......excellence page 65, the view from the front, the low wide body, everything meaning purpose, that should be what were all about, thats what should get our heart racing, on that note ill drop in a small mention that cars from the 60s (what ive always heard called the muscle era) werent about a/c and radio, they were about a/c and radio delete, the americans made big heavy tanks for cars but everyone wanted them lighter/ stiffer, if its a chevrolet that doesnt say Super Sport its sway bars arent thick enough, it doesnt have enough soul, its a car for the masses not a car for those who love them...sorry, one more ?, this one towards youre definition of muscle cars being small cars with big engines.....is a 914 with a 3.6 liter engine a muscle car?(it came with what? at 1.7 liter)...isnt it a mid engined car meant to handle, to race, to drive, to bring that grin to the driver, the adrenaline......coming in from the autocross course with YOUR HANDS AND YOUR LEGS SHAKING. ISNT THAT WHAT WERE ALL ABOUT?
Old 11-01-2003, 06:22 AM
kennycoulter
Drifting

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! IM DRUNK AS HELL RIGHT NOW but thats exactly what i mean. i like muscle cars, so what? my favorite car? >>>>one that i designed myself! what would it be? >>>>>a mix between a porsche and a mustang! i already went through car design, im now in school for engineering. tomato tomato(which doesnt translate well in writing). its our opinion. please realize that we are on this site because: apparently we like porsches. just porsches? probably a ton of different fast cars. do you only like dark hair girls? you stupid pussies? do you only eat chicken? do you only like one sort of anything? probably not! i would LOVE to own a 928 i keep looking online for "cheap" 928s all the time. my dream would be a gts with 2 turbos and at least 850 hp so i wouldnt have anything to gripe about. i just wish(and why not?) that my 944 hade more power! like i said before i was spoiled by a car that was basically as light as and had about 225% more power than the car i am driving now, but YES I AM SATISFIED WITH THE WAY IT HANDLES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET THIS IN YOUR MEMORY. KENNY LIKES PORSCHES HIS FAVORITE CARS ARE PORSCHES AND MUSTANGS. are all peoples' favorite cars the same? i dont like onions, do you? i like pickles, do you? i dont like redheaded girls, do you? i am white, are you? do you have something against other races? soooo......... other people have different opinions of what they think is great. and what they feel is comfortable. and what they see as beautiful. I HATE MODERN ART AND SPIRITUAL CRAP! so? is this my opinion? does this make me suck? did i just ask about if a car was a certain year or model and what the engines would be? so.........................why? why, did this controversy surface? that is why i asked what the hell is wrong with you people in the first place! since i first signed up to get help with my car problems/get tips, there has been nothing but attitude from young rich punks and stupid people that critcize for even dumber reasons. ever since i joined the forums, there has been criticism on absolutely retarded subjects. on the muscle car forums, well i have recieved nothing but help and have had nice people travel long distances just to hang out/ help out. if i get kicked off of this forum, i dont care.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:33 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Cool

Originally posted by porschefig
ok, im calmed down now, i had this thought earlier today, thought it was kind of funny....."why dont we all do ourselves and kenny a favor and simply recommend a 928" now, the reason i didnt ever mention this before is that i prefer the 944 to the 928, lighter, more balanced, better handling, more fun, the 928 is a grand tourer, it is a very nice car: way nicer interior and build then my 944 as far as i can tell...i didnt mention this because i didnt want people to think im only into strait line performance, not at all, i enjoy what i call muscle cars because they are also called classics....porsche has 50+ year of classics and a very very large heritage and pride in tradition, pride in its handling and comfort, refinement, prestige..."its not speed that matters its VELOCITY"...since porsche left motorsports after winning le mans in 98' the press believes Porsche has lost its soul....open up the issuse of excellence i know u just got in the mail and skip past the cayenne bashing and go to page 60 and start reading about the carrera gt, this car might be too fast for the proper example here? it might have too much hp? it might be too light? WHAT? no its a pure bred race car turned street car, its what i imagine all of desire in a driving experience, (remember i havent driven one, lol) but id hope its goes back to the 550 and the 73 carrera 2.7......excellence page 65, the view from the front, the low wide body, everything meaning purpose, that should be what were all about, thats what should get our heart racing, on that note ill drop in a small mention that cars from the 60s (what ive always heard called the muscle era) werent about a/c and radio, they were about a/c and radio delete, the americans made big heavy tanks for cars but everyone wanted them lighter/ stiffer, if its a chevrolet that doesnt say Super Sport its sway bars arent thick enough, it doesnt have enough soul, its a car for the masses not a car for those who love them...sorry, one more ?, this one towards youre definition of muscle cars being small cars with big engines.....is a 914 with a 3.6 liter engine a muscle car?(it came with what? at 1.7 liter)...isnt it a mid engined car meant to handle, to race, to drive, to bring that grin to the driver, the adrenaline......coming in from the autocross course with YOUR HANDS AND YOUR LEGS SHAKING. ISNT THAT WHAT WERE ALL ABOUT?
im dissapointed that there was only one reply to this
"wudd yall tink?"
Old 11-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

Nobody replied because nobody cares what one troll has to say to another troll. Especially a drunk troll.:

"cars can be categorized in many ways, however, only 'American Muscle' and 'Racy European' cars are considered "REAL"

YEAH! If you dream it then it must be true.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

excuse me masta bates doesnt that make you the king of trolling, i said that to everyone not just someone who was drunk, i dont drink i dont smoke.....

i actually gave my view point and showed a love for driving and for cars in general and for motorsports and nobody responded because i wasnt arguing with anyone so nobody felt they had anything to prove..im just suprised nobody had anything to say at all, the fact that only negative comments came in this time is very dissapointing

my quote about american and european cars was just another thing i believe, i honestly never think ill own a car that isnt american/german/or italian.

i guess what i said about you all possibly being narrow minded still holds true if all i can get is negative replies

cheers to all

have a nice day
Old 11-03-2003, 03:50 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Life, to me, is like a quiet forest pool, one that needs a direct hit from a big rock half-buried in the ground. You pull and you pull, but you can't get the rock out of the ground. So you give it a good kick, but you lose your balance and go skidding down the hill toward the pool. Then out comes a big Hawaiian man who was screwing his wife beside the pool because they thought it was real pretty. He tells you to get out of there, but you start faking it, like you're talking Hawaiian, and then he gets mad and chases you...
Old 11-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

Come on, you can do better than that.

Than buy a honda, theyre made in the good ol us of a.

Oh and wasnt that camaro you love made in canada?

Go buy a german volkswagen, the one made in mexico.

hope that boxster of your dreams is one that was actually made in germany.

guess you will never own a 944 since it wasnt made in germany italy or america car.

now be a nice little troll and crawl back under that rock you came from.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:57 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

life is like a quiet pool that needs stirred by a big rock, could u explain the meaning of this? does this mean life is too quiet and needs action? does the big hawaiian mean everytime you try to mix things up in life you get shut down? im confused. is this a positive or negative comment? LOL
Old 11-03-2003, 04:03 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

ok dont get too technical, porsche is a german car maker (do you own a porsche? im assuming yes, and do you tell your friends it isnt a german car), as is bmw and mercedes,(whats wrong with volkwagons?lol) ferrari is an italian car maker, as is lamborgini (i will never own an italian car, too expensive, but its nice to keep the options open! lol) i have nothing against hondas ill just never own one, and im pretty sure that all the cars i labeled in the classic era that were made in america were made in detroit and bowling green and places like that, right here in the good ol US of A
Old 11-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tifosiman
Life, to me, is like a quiet forest pool, one that needs a direct hit from a big rock half-buried in the ground. You pull and you pull, but you can't get the rock out of the ground. So you give it a good kick, but you lose your balance and go skidding down the hill toward the pool. Then out comes a big Hawaiian man who was screwing his wife beside the pool because they thought it was real pretty. He tells you to get out of there, but you start faking it, like you're talking Hawaiian, and then he gets mad and chases you...
Please tell me what mind-altering chemicals you are currently using. Sounds like some potent stuff!

-Z.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

no i dont own a porsche i dont own my soul i just like to annoy little idiots like you that think you know something.

i am your concience. learn that unless you have something positive to say dont say it. dont waste my time with your stupidity. acknowledging you are an idiot is the first step to becoming a useful member of society.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:24 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

excuse me i thought i was the one complaining about all the negative input im getting, i guess youre someone who has too much time and really should be slapped if you spend it all annoying people and enjoying it
Old 11-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Instructor

post something positive and you will get positive feedback. post the garbage you are posting and you will continue to be a troll.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

I guess I should post bc I got to the end of this rant. I'm not responding to fig's manifesto bc I was too lazy/busy to read it. (I read 99% of the rest of the thread, though)
Back on-topic, I would stay away from an NA 944 that doesn't run like a champ. I am going out tonight to buy an 87 944S with a great body and good interior, 108k miles from orig owner, with a broken cam belt. We agreed on a price of $1200, although I can back out if it is not as the owner describes. He seems like a good guy, so I don't expect to be disappointed. I also bought a 1988 944 that ran great for $500 in January. It had minor mody damage, but was otherwise in OK condition. I put alot of $$ into it, but most of it was to get it to PCA club-race specs.
PS - I am also a fan of muscle cars, esp 1st gen camaros. Always wanted one. Mark Donohue flew around Lime Rock in one, so they can't be all that bad (with the right mods). I never had a mullet, but back in 1986 or so, I took a 1977 camaro, painted it black and swapped the AT 6cyl drive train for a 350 with a manual (and hurst shifter!). Now, I enjoy driving porsches around road courses. Its a small mind that can't handle diversity (although I will joke about ricers and mullets too, but only for comic relief)

Quick Reply: S2? S? 89? 88?