Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2? S? 89? 88?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 03:28 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also i have not had any sugar today, but that was some attempt at humor there, tom... i'm lmbo(sarcastically off course)

now, kenny, i also have to wonder what on earth are you doing reading honda forums if you like muscle cars and supposedly porsches. the no power line really cracked me up. learn how to drive it and then tell me it has no power. i bet it'd spank most muscle cars stock around a real race track.

lots of us pay for our own stuff here, so thats kind of a non-issue. now, everyone's a newb at sometime or another. so here is my SUGGESTION. read up on stuff you're interested in on the search thing and/or the FAQ's.

call names and things like that will that will only get you into trouble. it is juvenile and uncalled for, i'm sure you understand. let's be grown up here... i promise i'll do my best too

-Michael-
Old 10-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Al P.
Pro

horsepower's wrong on the '88 924S. It had higher compression and a different ECU than the '87, made about 10 more hp or the same as the 1988 8V 944.

It's fairly obvious that many of you have eaten way too much candy (sugar) today. Think calming thoughts.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:35 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

tifo! LOL!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ERAU-944
hahaha kenny... go ahead, buy all the porsches you can. if you think you're poor now, just wait.

i'm not arguing with you. arguing would be trying to prove you wrong, i'm just posting facts, and asking questions that are pertinent.

Z- thanks for clearing that up, i was wondering why someone so knowledgeable would post that... hehe, so obviously wrong it HAD to be a typo.

-Michael-
Yeah: it must have been a typo.
-Z.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:49 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

ok i called and only got to leave a message. the growing up part: heres a kid line thats true: i didnt start it! my mustangs were fast, the mach was strip car, the gt was a road racer. i did a search on the 924 clear headlight covers and it came up in a honda site. the power issue........mine is only 143 horsepower. early 85. handles yes. have to wait til around 3 grand for the car to start moving. i am talking in terms of torque from down low. the car seems to reach high revs quick 3.88:1 gear im guessing is why. but it doesnt have the power i am used to. i was spoiled by my first car being really quick. and i know most of you probably paid for your cars yourselves, but i paid for school myself too, and never had an allowance from my poor family. i was only asking questions. so please dont critcize someone because they dont know something that you do.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:52 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:01 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

is that also deep thoughts?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Al P.
horsepower's wrong on the '88 924S. It had higher compression and a different ECU than the '87, made about 10 more hp or the same as the 1988 8V 944.
Al: hence the cute little "~" sign infront of all the hp numbers. Meaning that the power was around 150hp, not exactly.

I think we all have had too much candy already!

But what do I know, I'm just king of the parkinglot rats! (Opps, wrong web-board.....)
-Z.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:01 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Tom R.
Neither will a 68 Firebird convertible, or a 93 Camaro Z28.

I believe the definition of a muscle car is a big motor in a small car. The impala has muscle, thats for sure, it is probably a muscular car, but it isn't a muscle car.

But if they call the camaro a sports car I guess you can call the Impala a muscle car.
sorry, this topic is pretty much done on this post..and has nothing to do with the original ?

in todays cars none are called muscle cars...rite? early camaros in my opinion are the definition of muscle cars..but newer ones are apparently called sports cars....with mods the firebird and the 93 camaro should both handle...what makes porsches more then muscle cars is that they handle from the factory, muscle cars are like 67 corvettes with 427s in them, as far as relative prices go id much rather have i.e. $45000 1967 corvette with 475 hp out of the box then a $45000 boxster with less then half the hp and more then double the handling...that might not make sense to you but thats my opinion..i grew up on horsepower, around the time i was born there were like 8 first gen camaros in my dad's garage...my winter project has always been helping dad build a big block chevrolet engine for his friends.....
Old 10-31-2003, 06:05 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

right soooo......... i havent got a call back from them.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:14 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

wow i guess im a troll who owns porsche's and loves muscle cars
dont hate me
lol
Old 10-31-2003, 06:45 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

i should also mention that id rather not spend the 45K$ at all and just get a 951S and do some power/suspension mods...or maybe my dream of builiding a 944S2CabTurbo (3.0 liter, 4 valves per cylinder AND turbo)

who has done this????anybody?

oh and i should also mention how stupid it is to argue over what car somebody should like....yesterday when it 1 below zero and THEN wind chill factor and ICE everywhere..i would have prefered a 4X4 pickup truck to my tediously slow acceleration/major lack of grip in my 924
Old 10-31-2003, 07:00 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

i like that idea. i just dont like convertibles. what was the $45,000 in regards to?
Old 10-31-2003, 07:16 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Default $45,000

Originally posted by kennycoulter
i like that idea. i just dont like convertibles. what was the $45,000 in regards to?
correct me if im wrong..but approximate prices for a new boxster or an all original 67 corvette SS 427 (numbers matching, perfect shape)

another thing that vette has that no boxster has....(sorry, i love the boxster just an example)...my mom noticed this at the boise porsche parade: there were SO MANY boxsters there that she just plain dislikes them....lemme attempt to remember a qoute from Gone in 60 seconds
"this, this is the one (new ferrari) i saw three of these things at the local starbucks. if i had one id feel like nothing but a self indulgent wiener."

if i had a 67 corvette i would have a very rare, very fast, legendary peice of automotive history.....this is not porsche's fault (infact all porsches are somewhat rare cars) this is the worlds car market these days..
on that point i will mention LEGENDARY cars from porsche like the 73' carrera rs, 356 speedster, 550 spyder, 959, etc, etc, etc..
lets not even get started on porsche's TRUE race cars like the 917/30 with 1100hp...unless we want to talk about those cars..they are very interesting
Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Fig,
If you think a camaro, any camaro's suspension can be modified enough to keep up with a 944 you should go back to watching gone in 60 seconds.

search the web for the definition of muscle car, or just pick up a review of the new GTO there are enough references to what a muscle car is.

here is another term for you "balance" My porsche had it, my brothers porsche has it, my acura had it, my firebird and my camaro dont have it.

if you get your rocks off stomping on the gas in a straight line then you and kenny are in the wrong place. try the muscle car boards. those guys believe they can make a camaro handle like a porsche.

or, tell my why this:
1993 6 Speed 33k miles
Hypertech chip, Callaway air box, MSD spark enhancer
Hotchkis strut brace, Lingenfelter sways & trailing arms, SLP springs, SLP chrome rims, Doug Rippie revalved Bilsteins
doesn't handle for beans compared to a stock 944.

Quick Reply: S2? S? 89? 88?