Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbocharging a NA 944

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongo
How exactly is an American V8 boring? I have ridden, and driven anything from a pro-street BBC Chevelle to a Lingenfelter Corvette C5, and an NHRA nostalgiac pro-stock. I can tell you the only other thing more exciting was hearing the roar of a Lamborghini Diablo VT behind my ears.

No way a 4-banger is going to give me that aural orgasm, let alone the speed.
Diablo is italian job you do realize that?

Or the fact bmw used to offer 1.5L 4 banger with 1500 horsepower?

Did you by any chance ever heard of something car related called Gruppo B?

Let me introduce you to it:

The best car of all times also is 4cyl and passengers of this one don't only deal with orgasms but occasionally **** their pants :

Last edited by Voith; 03-17-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

There are some bitter 944 purists on here when it comes to thinking outside the box to go faster. Of course I know a Diablo is Italian, the company was also owned by Chrysler in the 90s due to Lamborghini's financial strife.

That 1500HP BMW I4 you're talking about I believe is in the Brabham BMW car and that HP was recorded under qualifying trim.

Gruppe B was actually one of my favorite series and I always routed for the Audi Quattro.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:07 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongo
Are you alluding to me as KKK? This is the funny thing about most foreigners. You really don't know jacksh*t about who Americans are. Newsflash...I am not 100% white, or Aryan like you assume. Just like you assume that LS-swapped cars are crap. Get your head out of the sand...dingos will bite your *** when you are un-attentative.
If you had read what I'd written you would have seen that I said I don't have a problem with LS and the like V8's. I just don't like them in a smaller European sports car. I've seen plenty of example of very sorry looking V8 swaps in 944s on Craiglist and other places. I've seen plenty of video from inside V8 swapped 944s and don't like how they drive. Fat and lazy is the impression I get. Instead of a car that you have to drive with more shifting to get the best out of them. This is all purely subjective and opinionated. I accept that. Just as you like V8 swaps, I don't.

You made the speculation that I don't like V8 swaps because I am no admirer of Trump. In a sense there is a connection. Just as there might be a crossover for those that do like V8 swaps and Trump. Then you shout something about AMERICA as if that would somehow explain away your logic. As for not knowing Jack**** about Americans...well I've been there a few times and have traveled through quite a few states. I have plenty of friends and associates in the US. I would retort that most people NOT from America know more about you than you do about them. What % of Americans even have a passport? It's astonishingly low compared to the rest of the world.

Anywho, this thread has gone way off the rails. I'm stepping out. Have a nice day Champ!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Perhaps you should leave politics out of a car specific forum, and you will then receive a nicer reply.

Good day.

Last edited by Mongo; 03-17-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbocharging a NA 944