Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 944 is no more. =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
wow man, i really feel for you glad you and your little bro are ok. you seem to be taking it a lot better than most. i wonder if rennbays special on fuel hoses is a coincidence?

does anyone have any input on how to handle this kind of fire with a small extinguisher? I keep a small one in my car but unless you catch it early and you use it effectively its not going to be much use. i used to work on a start line crew for regional rally and WRC events. Being the guy who puts the car on the start line i would have to check the cars for damage that could come off during the stage and check they were wearing their PPE and belts properly. Our fire brief was (too basic) to open the hood just enough to blast the engine until the extinguisher runs out. opening the hood full allows the fire to breathe.

this is how the pros's with an appliance do it.
How to quickly and Professionally extinguish a car fire - YouTube

this is the definitive how-to-video for the proud do-it-yourselfer.

just added a horrifically big pressure hose and 10,000 gallon tank to the shopping lisl.

mighty fine.

thanks.

go Mike !!

updates?

Quick Reply: My 944 is no more. =(