Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search for hit-and-run driver. Please contact police with info if you have it

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Search for hit-and-run driver. Please contact police with info if you have it

Hey everyone, just found this:

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/search-...e-1127757.html
Search narrows for Porsche sought in fatal Cobb hit-and-run
By George Mathis
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Cobb County police said Tuesday they have narrowed their search for the vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run motorcycle crash over the weekend.

[Cobb County] Police Dept Cobb County police are seeking a gray or silver Porsche 944 similar to this one, model year 1986-1991, in connection with a hit-and-run accident on I-75 Saturday, Aug. 20, 2011 in which 31-year-old Emanuel R. Mitchell of Norcross was killed. The vehicle is believed to have moderate damage to its left front.

Police are looking for a gray or silver 1986 to 1991 model year Porsche 944.

Investigators were able to zero in on the make of the car from evidence recovered at the accident scene and the assistance of the manufacturer. The search also continues for the driver of the Porsche.

Police say Emanuel R. Mitchell of Norcross, a 31-year-old riding a black 1990 Kawasaki Vulcan motorcycle, died after being struck around 8:30 p.m. Saturday by two vehicles on I-75 in the southbound lanes near Windy Hill Road.

Mitchell died at the scene, police spokesman Dana Pierce said.

Sonni Smith, 23, of Atlanta, told police her Mazda 3 struck Mitchell after the driver of a silver Porsche driver made initial contact with his motorcycle. Smith, who will not be charged, said the Porsche driver fled.

Police previously said they were looking for a Porsche coupe with tinted windows and moderate damage to the left front of the car. Anyone who has information about the accident is asked to call the Cobb County police, 770-499-3987.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woah....
Old 08-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what an idiot, if he gets cought, he will be charged of hit and run also..
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already posted on the forum
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
hopps
Instructor

Wow. They pretty much described my car except for the fact that it's red lol. I've got my front left fender being painted now because some stickers I took off took paint with it, tinted windows...and I live in GA.

But seriously, I'll be on the look out around here, I know a couple of the guys that drive 944's here are douches, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 PM
techartisan
Racer

we've got a motorcyclist....I narrowly avoid them all the time....as they dont seem to think traffic laws, or lanes apply to them....whos dead so he cant say what happened...
A woman driver....who naturally claims...she "hit him after the other guy"...
yeah sure why not blame the porsche guy......

No youtube...no believe.

an alternate entirely theoretical version of events.....which is all they have anyway....
Motorcyclist attempting to perform an illegal "passing" of a porsche and a mazda travelling along the centerline...startles one driver...disrupting her phone call and makeup application....causing her to swerve knocking into the motorcyclist....who then clips the porsche...knocking loose some small part of the classic automobile for police to later find.....the 22 year old automobile enthusiast then floors it to clear the impending disaster feeling himself lucky to have only had a minor scrape.....
then said motorcyclist overcorrects into the path of the other driver who finishes what was started smashing the bike and its driver across the highway...seeing this unfold in his rearview the 944 driver ****s himself slightly.....and is still scrubbing out the stains on his sportseats.....

okay if the family of the cyclist ever sees this...I am sorry for your loss. If the second driver sees this..Im sorry if my hypothetical version of events offends you....I dont really believe this is what happened Im just spinning yarns.....If the 944 driver reads this....grab your ankles youre screwed if Im right or if Im wrong....you should have turned around and went back when you had a chance DUMBASS....make sure you sign your car over to a loved one.....we all at rennlist are looking to support your legal fees through parts acquisition.

If anyone here hates me for my tasteless joking....screw you...its the internet and Im just amusing myself.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
techartisan
Racer

Originally Posted by Paulyy
what an idiot, if he gets cought, he will be charged of hit and run also..
motorcyclist is dead....hit and run is a petty concern....hes looking at vehicular manslaughter.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
doabarrelroll
Pro

In California, I think that is a minimum 10-15 year sentence.

I concur with tech to some degree, most motorcyclists that I encounter doing 50 down the I-10 while traffic is going 5 mph, /sigh. I saw a guy this morning who locked up his front wheel and nearly hit a Mazda 3 because he was weaving in traffic.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
techartisan
Racer

motorcycle....mazda 3.....what color is your '44......hmmmm
Old 08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
doabarrelroll
Pro

Hehe, well, unless someone stole my car and drove it 3,000 miles in 5 hours....

That reminds me, I need to recharge my flux capacitor....
Old 08-24-2011, 08:57 PM
67King
Race Car

When you consider that he left enough parts there to ID the car as a Turbo or S2, the whole "just scraped by" picture falls apart. I agree that most guys on crotch rockets are ****** but a man was killed and one driver fled. 2+2 is?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by techartisan
motorcyclist is dead....hit and run is a petty concern....hes looking at vehicular manslaughter.
what i mean his going to be charged with more then 1 offence because he ran. so locked up for longer..
Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 PM
moorepower
Pro

A 1990 Kawasaki Vulcan is not the kind of motorcycle you generally see weaving through traffic at a high rate of speed.

I feel bad for the rider and his family, no matter who was at fault.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 PM
carlege
Drifting

I doubt they will catch him, honestly. too many places to get aftermarket parts and part of owning this car is knowing how to work on it so that means no shop involved.

Quick Reply: Search for hit-and-run driver. Please contact police with info if you have it