Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Project Thread - Butters944

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

what's a GTO ? jap car ?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfyoung1086
Wow those are some serious pic of 17 yr old kids and their cars!!! haha V6 mustang? Out of literally the thousands of beatiful places in AZ to take car photos you guys choose the back of a warehouse? and not like a cool abandoned warehouse like a new warehouse

A) tell you're buddy with an obvious not vr4 3000 that it is not actually a GTO, that JDM only and he's not cool enough for Japooonnnn... also are lowering springs that expensive?

B) Seriously rattle can the damn front bumper just get it back on and painted fawk!

hahaha oh to be 17 and in AZ again, brings me back saturday nights at the street rices uhhh races I mean.... last photo turned out nicely duder... You guys wanna do a real cool photo shoot? Go out to tortilla flat at Canyon lake (Tortilla flats is a lil town of like 11) its 30 miles of mountain grade curves and absolutely stunning and its worth the drive I'll be going when I get back into town

Damn all these reminiscing on teenage memories just made me want a 914 again... thats it I gotta buy one s*%$ this is all your fault!

Also really butters944 photography? Keith M. photography sounds 1000x times less gay
Holy rant!

V8 mustang and he's 21.
This is the sketchiest place in the retirement community that we live in and we weren't planning on leaving town.
Yes I give my bud crap about his "suv stance" all the time.
Don't worry, once I finish up my AC I'll get the valance slapped on - perhaps along with a 931 hood and shaved front bumper..
Yeah I know about tortilla flats, I need to go something this year.
Only added the lil nametag on that last once cause the fikse contest, kinda makes sense to use my username.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odurandina
what's a GTO ? jap car ?
Mitsubishi 3000gt, they were called gto's in japan.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those turbo twists with hand painted crest sure look sweet!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HICKS
Those turbo twists with hand painted crest sure look sweet!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:27 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Originally Posted by Butters944
Holy rant!

V8 mustang and he's 21.
This is the sketchiest place in the retirement community that we live in and we weren't planning on leaving town.
Yes I give my bud crap about his "suv stance" all the time.
Don't worry, once I finish up my AC I'll get the valance slapped on - perhaps along with a 931 hood and shaved front bumper..
Yeah I know about tortilla flats, I need to go something this year.
Only added the lil nametag on that last once cause the fikse contest, kinda makes sense to use my username.
Butters I'm shocked hanging out with older men? Do your parents know! Also I doubt that 3000GT is either the VR4, or the DOHC model so its not actually a GTO... GTO's only came in DOHC, or TT form

Also if you were really cool you'd say F a front bumper and go get some coilovers/ sticky tires and get rid of that awful body sway I know your car has

bumpers are for old ppl anyways!

also f AC thats for ****** anyways I didn't have AC until I was 21, theres a reason god invented slushes, plus AC totally slows down your car and add's weight.... You're really starting to not sound like a dumbass 17 yr car guy anymore! When I was 17 PS, AC, and paint were unnecessary! I guess we were just more hardcore back then.....

Last edited by mfyoung1086; 11-03-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: forgot to imply sarcaism
Old 11-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mfyoung1086
Butters I'm shocked hanging out with older men? Do your parents know!
Yes, they my older brothers close friends and we all work on our cars and shoot guns together.

Also if you were really cool you'd say F a front bumper and go get some coilovers/ sticky tires and get rid of that awful body sway I know your car has
Um I already have coilovers and ultra high performance tires... The car's lowered 2" and doesn't sway enough to matter...

bumpers are for old ppl anyways!

also f AC thats for ****** anyways I didn't have AC until I was 21, theres a reason god invented slushes, plus AC totally slows down your car and add's weight.... You're really starting to not sound like a dumbass 17 yr car guy anymore! When I was 17 PS, AC, and paint were unnecessary! I guess we were just more hardcore back then.....
Lol exactly why suspension, wheels + tires, and sound system were my first priorities
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 AM
ditch68
Racer

THE VALENCE IS OFF! After all this time I wonder if you should paint it? It won't be Butters anymore!

I really like the "city lights" pics, good job. I need to do some decent pics. We really should have a Tucson/Phoenix meet at some point.

mfyoung, when I was a kid I was the same way - if it doesn't make it go faster or stop, tear it off! (only when I was doing the "street racing/illegal drag races" thing down here in Tucson, it was Chevelles, Camaros, and GTOs - and not the JDM type, the Pontiac type!) I'm still like that, but the A/C has to stay or the wife won't ride in the car.

Jeff
Old 11-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Me and kyle (kab996) are looking into planning a huge az get together this winter. Stand by for official thread on the topic, we're gonna talk about it at the pavillions show tonight.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Haven't really done any work lately AC is still half-finished.

Last week I removed all the extra bits from my bumper. Can't wait to weld in the holes and smooth it out and paint it (along with the valance)

Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Fara
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...and paint it (along with the valance)...
But if you paint it, It will stop being so easily recognised as your car!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
pops 83 944
Racer

Look good Butters keep up the good work, two thumbs up :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Yes, they my older brothers close friends and we all work on our cars and shoot guns together.

Um I already have coilovers and ultra high performance tires... The car's lowered 2" and doesn't sway enough to matter...

Lol exactly why suspension, wheels + tires, and sound system were my first priorities
alright alright, street cred has been re earned
Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Me and kyle (kab996) are looking into planning a huge az get together this winter. Stand by for official thread on the topic, we're gonna talk about it at the pavillions show tonight.
You should do it during the day on Dec 1st, I can make that...after 9 I'll be drunk
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Holy crap, fixed my cars starting/idle/fuel problem AND made the car feel/respond so much better with a weltmeister throttle cam! All for 15 bucks (thanks Spencer!)!

So here's the unnecessarily long story:

Cam came in the mail today, "woot I'll go install this in 30 seconds". Of course, everything I do ends up becoming a complicated mess. I installed the cam and started the car and the idle was all the way up at like 1500 rpm but it would go down to normal if I pushed back on the cam. Crap, something in the cable is adjusted wrong or it's sticking or something. Remembered that my starting problem only began when I adjusted my idle screw a month ago (I screwed it way the hell out, thinking why isn't it really adjusting that much, only worked its way up to 750rpms...). SO I screwed the idle screw in all the way til the idle with the new cam was just right, and it fixed everything! Having the idle screw out so much was actually causing the car to have trouble starting every day and having some sketchy idle issues.

Now my car starts perfect, idles perfect, and has amazing throttle response and feels like a new car and downshifting is easier too, just a quick blip of the throttle. On my test drive I couldn't stop smiling the whole time!

Quick Reply: My Project Thread - Butters944