Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash and seat cover options

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default dash and seat cover options

I have owned my new to me 951 for a few weeks now..I want to bring the interior back to life...figure I will do the dents and scratches next year

The dash is cracked very bad and want to clean it up...options...classic9 re skin or dash cover? For those who have done either, how hard is the classic9 kit to install? Are there dash covers that people are happy with for several years?

I also have sport seats and love them...was an extra bonus when I found my car...The seats are in good shape but starting to get tight and rip...I would like to recover them...there are many threads on seat covers but I was wondering if people could post where they got there covers and how happy they are with them...There are lots of options...many on ebay as well as others...just wondering what the best bang for my buck is....with quality in mind.

If possable please post pic's of the end result

Thanks!!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:38 AM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Fogot to mention...I think for the seats I will be going leather...but havent rulled out vinyl
Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Plastic dash covers suck. They don't stay stuck and they look like crap. I'm doing the same stuff. I'm going with Classic 9 dash recover. It looks like the interior treatment on new Euro cars. Don't know who to recommend for the seat covers but Classic 9 is one. Check Panorama magazine for others. Also look on ebay. I put Cayman wheels on mine to replace the ever ugly phone dials. Everyone has commented how good they look.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
AScholtes
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a good friend that is redoing mine. I have already installed the dash, steering wheel, horn pad, e-brake lever and center console... he has a spare dash waiting to recover for a future buyer as well

I did mine in vinyl, and the seats are going to be done in vinyl as well.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

post up some pictures when it all gets back together...or better yet while you are doing it!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

I redid my seats in vinyl. Thread is here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...with-pics.html
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 AM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did my dash with the classic9 kit. If you take your time with it, the outcome is better than stock.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
stogie25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a cheap dash, took it to a local upholstery guy, and had him releather it. It cost a few hundred dollars including the metal trim strip from 928 Leather Shop. It took a couple of hours to pull it out and put it in respectively.

When I first bought the car it had a dash cover on it. It was a little warped, but got worse over the first few months.

I took the cover off, and found a cracked dash underneath.

I had the bottom of the new dash dyed to match the car, and the top leathered.

I pulled my dash out.

And put the new one in.

While I was in there.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 AM
James Chimney
Pro

has any one tried to just cover the old dash with leather in place?I think the vents and moldings would have to come off, maybe the windshield and use glue and pull and tug the leather into place, let the glue dry over night and reassemble? I know taking the dash out and re covering is the best but has any one that has worked with leather tried this? I would think the leather would have to be very thin to mold it the way it needs to be molded....just an idea, I mean if it doesn't work you can always remove the dash and "do it right" btw I think the Recover by Stogie25 looks awesome
Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

I think to do it right you need to take the dash out...Think classic 9 will be the rout I will go...not sure if I will try it myself or take it to a shop to recover.

Still up in the air on the seat covers...leather..vinyl..from where...different options with big differences in prices.

Thanks for the imput guys!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
AScholtes
Pro

Yes, you need to pull the dash. It's not that hard, only takes a couple of hours at the most
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM
dpoul34
Instructor

Iggee.com makes a presentable seat cover. Bought mine from them for $179 for my sport seats. They fit better than any on the market. If you have the budget, leatherseats.com will pre-fabricate an italian leather seat for about $850/pair, then you put the leather on or have an upholstery guy do it. Haven't yet had to deal with the dash.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbum
I think to do it right you need to take the dash out...Think classic 9 will be the rout I will go...not sure if I will try it myself or take it to a shop to recover.

Still up in the air on the seat covers...leather..vinyl..from where...different options with big differences in prices.

Thanks for the imput guys!
have you called classic 9 for a quote on the seats or the dash?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
have you called classic 9 for a quote on the seats or the dash?
I have not called just going from there web site...dash kit starts at $279 add $80 for leather.

Seat covers go for 600 for vinyl or 1250 for leather

Should do a group buy
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

thats really a good deal for the dash kit. its completely worth the price to add leather. the dash in my 84 944 looks like crap with a dash cap and this may be a very viable solution.

Quick Reply: dash and seat cover options