Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you Colorado guys want to come show me

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
So what does this crank lock pin look like? Anyone have one I can barrow?

Possible to fab one?

Cole
3-359-7469
Its a toothed tool that holds the ring gear in place . I dont have one , and haven't needed it . Put the car in 3rd , the ebrake on , a friend stepping on the brake and you should be able to break the crank bolt free . I used a Snap-on MIG series 3/8 impact gun and its comes right off . DONT try this if the T belt is already off , as if the motor does turn you may contact the valves . When installing , you must torque to the factory spec as the bolt compresses a beveled washer against the oil pump drive gear . Make sure if you remove the thrust washer you install it in the correct orientation or you will have no oil pressure . I will have to look but if i recall its 150 ft lbs .
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom R.
you sound like the guy i bought my 951 from when we were discussing maintenance. he is a helicopter pilot/mechanic.

"its a car, nuts and bolts, take it apart, put it back together."
i will have a set of brand new 16" Kuhmo Rs if anyone local wants em. not sure i want to part with my 4 8" 968 rims or weltmeister bars just yet.
I might be able to pimp the 16 s for you Tom . Are they v710s or Victoracers and are 245 45 16s sized ?

I get first in line for the sways when you are ready to unload them , ill be there banging at your front door with a wad of cash .

AND the suspence is killing me ..... DID Ya get a M3 ?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
I have Bruce's 920X tool. it's not the factory, but it works beautifully, is easy to use, and accurate.
Geoff
I might take you up on the Arnwerx tool also and do a 3 way comparison using the Gates Sonic Tool to get a reading on a twist set , Porsche , and Arnwerx tool . I think it would be some good info to get out on the Net .

BTW , was in your hood a few weeks ago for a graduation party , and saw you driving the 51 . Gave you a wave , i don't know if you saw me , I was in the M3 . Glad you got her back on the road , last i saw you were tapping holes in the shifter , and the car was still disassembled .
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Already have the belt off. If I can't find the flywheel lock to use I guess I will try to hook it all back up.

Really want to get this thing out of the garage this weekewnd and on the road.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Already have the belt off. If I can't find the flywheel lock to use I guess I will try to hook it all back up.

Really want to get this thing out of the garage this weekewnd and on the road.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 67rschev
I might be able to pimp the 16 s for you Tom . Are they v710s or Victoracers and are 245 45 16s sized ?

I get first in line for the sways when you are ready to unload them , ill be there banging at your front door with a wad of cash .

AND the suspence is killing me ..... DID Ya get a M3 ?
will get you the info on the tires tonight.

picked up a yellow 95 M3 coupe, no sunroof last saturday. dropped it off at Dave at Apex in Lakewood for some tidying up.

My 951 is on its way to MN as we speak. Picked up the new owner at the airport, did the deal, and got him on to 25 north, hw should be on 76 east as I type. Real nice guy, hopefully he will join rennlist.

Did you know about my co worker's yellow 95 M3 with 10,300 miles on it?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM
67rschev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom R.
will get you the info on the tires tonight.

picked up a yellow 95 M3 coupe, no sunroof last saturday. dropped it off at Dave at Apex in Lakewood for some tidying up.

My 951 is on its way to MN as we speak. Picked up the new owner at the airport, did the deal, and got him on to 25 north, hw should be on 76 east as I type. Real nice guy, hopefully he will join rennlist.

Did you know about my co worker's yellow 95 M3 with 10,300 miles on it?
NICE ! ...... Dakar on Black , Did it came with the 95 LTW forged Stamped wheels ? , I would kill for a set of those . Well , Congrats on the new addition to the family . Now you get to re-learn a whole new needy breed of Euro-toy , and terms like RTABs, RSMs, and Vanos . ALL though with 10 K on it , not sure what you needed to " sort out " , other than cleaning out cobwebs and dust ! I can only imagine that it is a Immaculate Show Piece .There is a big car show on Sunday at Arapahoe Community Collage , and there are always a nice Euro contingent at this show . We should meet up , so i can drool all over a 10k specimen
Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 67rschev
Geoff
I might take you up on the Arnwerx tool also and do a 3 way comparison using the Gates Sonic Tool to get a reading on a twist set , Porsche , and Arnwerx tool . I think it would be some good info to get out on the Net .

BTW , was in your hood a few weeks ago for a graduation party , and saw you driving the 51 . Gave you a wave , i don't know if you saw me , I was in the M3 . Glad you got her back on the road , last i saw you were tapping holes in the shifter , and the car was still disassembled .
Yeah I saw that! I thought it was my neighbor, until I saw that it had 2 doors... Cars running just fine now, I need to bleed the hydraulics again soon.... do a better job on that damn clutch...

And I'm due for a timing belt tension somewhere in the near future. You're more than welcome to use my car as the guinea pig...

Quick Reply: Any of you Colorado guys want to come show me