Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling '91 S2 Cheap - Price Drop: $4,300

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was looking at this car but it looks like its been hit from the passenger side and something replaced, so that makes me worry and if you have to worry about a car across the country then it wont sell, you have to address the issues with the body parts not lining up or fix them.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Jaay87S
Instructor

I can't blame you for hesiitating to buy a car from so far away without at least having someone you know drive it. Although I really don't know what happened, whatever it was came from the front rather than the side. Fixing up the it would definitely make selling the car a lot easier, but unfortunately I'm pretty broke and don't have an income right now as I'll be graduating in a couple weeks. There has to be someone out there that doesn't mind doing some work in order to get into an S2 cheap...
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Jaay87S
I can't blame you for hesiitating to buy a car from so far away without at least having someone you know drive it. Although I really don't know what happened, whatever it was came from the front rather than the side. Fixing up the it would definitely make selling the car a lot easier, but unfortunately I'm pretty broke and don't have an income right now as I'll be graduating in a couple weeks. There has to be someone out there that doesn't mind doing some work in order to get into an S2 cheap...
its not much to align those panels, i'd be worred that the suspension is bent, they probably drove up on top of something
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 AM
944J
Banned

looking at this pic it looks like most of the panels on the front of the car have been replaced by used parts from another car (fender, hood, bumper shell)... the paint on the door and back the car is shiny, but the hood and other front body parts is faded and mis-aligned... the car was prob in a bigger wreck than you think.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

the paint difference could be due to the top of the fender being a more flat surface which takes more of a sun beating than the side of the car, my car is exactly the same, the roof and hood are dull but the doors and lower fenders are super shiny and nice. thats why i only wax the roof and hood lol

quickest way to determine damage would be to pull off the fender.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

ebay would be your best bet
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

check your emails!!! :P

I am interested!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Jaay87S
Instructor

Car is currently listed on eBay with a set start time of 7:30pm on Monday for a 5 day auction and a reserve price well below the price listed above--although that's what I'm hoping for and believe it's worth...

Item #: 110391648817
Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Jaay87S
Instructor

Those of you that kept an eye on the Ebay auction a few weeks may have noticed that the bidding for my S2 hit the reserve price and sold.

Well, about a week following the end time for the auction I had a trip planned for Europe so I had requested that payment be due within three days of the end of the auction (I was hoping to use some of the money on my trip!). I spoke with the buyer and he was unable to make the payment and pick up within the week so I offered to sign the title over to him before I left and have a third party collect the money. He said he didn't mind waiting until I returned from my three week trip and we agreed on completing the deal the week that I returned.

Well I've been back for over a week now and the buyer has failed to return my emails, ebay messages and rennlsit messages. I'm in the process of speaking with eBay about the situation, but it's pretty evident that the car is back up for sale.

Anyone interest or questions please send me an email at jmcpartl@bryant.edu
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
944J
Banned

Those of you that kept an eye on the Ebay auction a few weeks may have noticed that the bidding for my S2 hit the reserve price and sold.

Well, about a week following the end time for the auction I had a trip planned for Europe so I had requested that payment be due within three days of the end of the auction (I was hoping to use some of the money on my trip!). I spoke with the buyer and he was unable to make the payment and pick up within the week so I offered to sign the title over to him before I left and have a third party collect the money. He said he didn't mind waiting until I returned from my three week trip and we agreed on completing the deal the week that I returned.

Well I've been back for over a week now and the buyer has failed to return my emails, ebay messages and rennlsit messages. I'm in the process of speaking with eBay about the situation, but it's pretty evident that the car is back up for sale.

there must be something really wrong with the car... you should just sell it to me for really cheap, i like bashed up pcarz
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

$5k! and no one has snagged it yet?! can we say, W T F?!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by 944S2NUT
$5k! and no one has snagged it yet?! can we say, W T F?!
that means its not worth it, no offense, i hope you sell it for $500,000
Old 06-25-2009, 04:08 PM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

that sucks man... only thing ebay will do is give the guy bad feedback. you'll have to re-list it.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That guy posted on here, asking input on the car. He seemed excited when he won it.

Jaay, had you posted this on the www.rennlist.com/ads page on and off for a few months? If so, I considered it. But, I can only tell you why I didn't do anything with it - norhtern car that was a daily driver. I'm gun shy when it comes to northern cars, as my prior car got replaced because I didn't think much of what started out as minor rust. I looked at a couple of other 944's that had been (unbeknownst to me at the time!) transplanted to the south from rust belt states. Junk. One was a turbo with a MAF conversion, full 3" mandrel bent stainless exhaust, and a few other things I forget. It had fresh paint, too. I'd agreed to pay $3500 based on pictures and a description, but walked away when I saw it in person. The other was an LSD equipped car with a pristine interior. I could have gotten it for $2500. They both needed some minor mechanical work, I forget what it was, but it was nothing an amateur couldn't do. Regardless, they were both destined to be parts cars. Both had rock solid compression numbers, too.

I'm ticked I didn't buy the southern S2 that needed paint on a fender and header panel for $4000. I just waited too long, and thought i could get it for less.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that the market is REALLY soft now. Having a northern car hurts you. Having body damage, even if just cosmetic, hurts you, too. It may very well be worth more to you than it is to anyone else. I was following your auction, and was suprised when it reached the reserve. I was thinking about it being a parts car, and a potential donor to a relative's E-class turbo (the class is DOMINATED by S2's), who was thinking about upgrading the car to an S2. But again, it is probably worth more to you than anyone. So you should consider either keeeping it, or lowering your asking price significantly.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

For the OP I have another suggestion...

You mentioned wanting a Subaru or something else to take you back and forth to the beach. Why don't you go to a Subaru dealer and offer this car as a trade-in? Most car dealers are hurting so beating them up for a decent trade-in price is probably worth your time. On top of that it's relatively painless and you don't have to worry about test drives or additional paperwork.

Quick Reply: Selling '91 S2 Cheap - Price Drop: $4,300