Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exterior Bulb and Dead Light Orders

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:39 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan - Taiwan, German, whatever - I'm still interested in 3 halogens, 2 for the reverse, and one for under-hood.

BTW, when I wire the side markers to flash, would you suggest a bulb upgrade there for any reason?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:15 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Keith, I still have you on the list. I had a message from my bulb supplier on Friday regarding the German halogen bulbs, but I don't what exactly it is untill I call him tomorrow. I'll report what information he has and then everyone can make a decision on those and I will finalize the backorder halogens.

As far as the sidemarker flash, no upgrade in wattage, just get new fresh bulbs to put in. Especially the turnsignal bulbs since there will be more current flowing through them and if they are in poor shape the side markers won't flash as bright. At 80 cents per, it is no big cost to replace. Old worn incandescent bulbs can be down under 50% of what a new bulb of the same wattage would be. That is why Halogens were invented. The incandescents will really layer on a coating of filament tungsten on the glass which acts like a filter and the filament doesn't perform as well after it has lost a bunch of material on the boil off.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:19 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Ok, I just spoke to my bulb guy. The German plant is going to run some 35 watt halogens and air freight out, probably by the end of the week. So, on the backorders we may as well wait unless some of you actually would prefer to have the Asian 30 watt.

Also, if anyone else wants in on this project, now is the time to get in. I need a fair amount of volume to get the pricing so it is not in the cards that it will *ever* be done again. Plus, it is a lot of monkeying around for me.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Keith, your 3 German halogens are here. Where do I send them?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
keith
Drifting

Sending you an email...
Old 08-25-2003, 09:28 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

I also sent you an e-mail. LOL!

3 German 35w halogen bulbs, right? Total price is in e-mai. As you are an honest guy, I'll ship them out in a day or two, whenever I make a run over to the post office. You are really going to like these, no $hit. I had my window motor switch go out last weekend, but wasn't sure what had happened. So I start by checking the fuses. Man was that bright halogen light handy for looking around!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Brazzos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this still on?

Just got my car and wanted to knock this issue out.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:51 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Brazzos, what do you mean by still on? You are a new user so know nothing about me. This is an old project going back a couple months. Ask any of the old headlight guys, it took time to get the right parts. Did I stiff any of them? No.

But if you are on to the Dead Light Cell, you are now going to supply problems to me. I ordered this wholesale and retail(sockets) so I could get good product to Rennlisters for cheap.

I think the adventure is dead unless you want to do a lot of work. All my bulbs sold out, all my sockets I ordered gone, but 10 may be available. Go to the junk yard for sockets, then come to me for bulbs and wiring.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:07 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Ok, I'm ordering the last group of bulbs for Rennlisters that were late to the party.

I can get a few more pair of the dead light sockets between my stash and the 3 sockets left in the North American inventory, which may be an accounting mistake and none are left. They are out of production.

So put in your order if you want some sockets or any bulbs so I can clean this project up and off my plate. The bulbs you have on the exterior are listed on the first post and prices are included.

Quick Reply: Exterior Bulb and Dead Light Orders