Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there a way to turbo my na?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by 944J
that car in the pic started life as a nasty old brown 944na with 145hp.
HEY!!! (c) Thaddeus 2008

theres nothing wrong with brown NAs
Old 10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcquito
I imagine it's hard to come up with new questions that haven't been answered by Rennlist already. The archives are huge. Your question seemed genuine and I would probably guess that nobody has posted something asking about a window-rubber-(delete)/update. If you visualize something and you believe it would look okay on the car-- go ahead and fabricate yourself nuts. You never know, it may end up looking good and keep others from having to buy rubber and aluminum strips when they do full restorations.

Good luck on your search and journey to more modern looking window moldings!

ive seen it on other cars and its on 911 currently and all new cars, it looks great, thats why its being done.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM
944J
Banned

its not going to be easy its a body shop type thing, but it would look good for sure.

just think about the things that make the 944 look old, its not that many things, just little things like the rubber on the windoes, lights, nubbies, wheels, old vynil interior...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

its not going to be easy its a body shop type thing, but it would look good for sure.

just think about the things that make the 944 look old, its not that many things, just little things like the rubber on the windoes, lights, nubbies, wheels, old vynil interior...
Post pics during the process and of course, afterwards.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
944J
Banned

Post pics during the process and of course, afterwards.
i was just looking to see if anyone knew how to do this...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

i was just looking to see if anyone knew how to do this...
Time to be innovative. Go out there and see what needs to be done.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
944J
Banned

Time to be innovative. Go out there and see what needs to be done.
others have done it, just no one on this board, so i'll find them, i dont like to reinvent the wheel.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Catfood
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anytime I need tech support on this site I post it up and my question is answered.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A couple things...

First:

Problem is, this is something probably never done, so no one will be able to tell you how- you'd need to figure it out, and CPR has given you some direction on how to go about that. If pcarzzzzzzzz is so fantastic, go ask your high class questions over there. This community certainly won't miss you. What I see here is a guy trying to stir up controversy to drive traffic to another site.

Second:

Originally Posted by Whisper
I suppose we have many political conservatives on this board, and while conservatives...
Where did this even come from? How did politics get into this discussion? WTF are you even talking about? You don't actually seem to know anything about conservatives other than what you read on DU.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

others have done it, just no one on this board, so i'll find them, i dont like to reinvent the wheel.
please, do that.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
944J
Banned

you are a perfect example of what i was talking about...

Originally Posted by alex
A couple things...

First:

Problem is, this is something probably never done, so no one will be able to tell you how- you'd need to figure it out, and CPR has given you some direction on how to go about that. If pcarzzzzzzzz is so fantastic, go ask your high class questions over there. This community certainly won't miss you. What I see here is a guy trying to stir up controversy to drive traffic to another site.

Second:

Where did this even come from? How did politics get into this discussion? WTF are you even talking about? You don't actually seem to know anything about conservatives other than what you read on DU.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Catfood
Anytime I need tech support on this site I post it up and my question is answered.
yeah if its like, how do you change the oil, or the brake line, but if its something actually interesting, new, innovative you get flamed... its pretty common, but thats why there are so many other boards now popping up for 944's and porsche. a lot of people cant stand this place anymore.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Seriously, you should just be honest- you came on here to start crap, then say "You guys are jerks. Oh what is that link in my sig? " You ask a strange question, get strange responses, then start calling people white trash who can't afford a 911. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I'm not on the list nearly as much as I used to be, but when I'm in trouble with a 944 problem, this is where I'll come.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by alex
Seriously, you should just be honest- you came on here to start crap, then say "You guys are jerks. Oh what is that link in my sig? " You ask a strange question, get strange responses, then start calling people white trash who can't afford a 911. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I'm not on the list nearly as much as I used to be, but when I'm in trouble with a 944 problem, this is where I'll come.
nope i changed my sig so i could talk crap back to crap talkers like you without showing my company name.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

nope i changed my sig so i could talk crap back to crap talkers like you without showing my company name.
Read back a little- I have no issue with your "innovative" idea. It's that you started lashing out at the other listers, then bashing 944 owners. I have a pretty solid history of not being involved in flame wars in the tech forums. You have to be prepared for criticism when you post here. You have to be able to agree to disagree about things. You posted an idea, got negative response, then attacked the people because they have differing opinions and had a little sarcasm for you. Maybe on other sites its all fuzzy bunnies and kisses and hearts, but that's never been the case here.

Keep in mind that along with the snarky responses, CPR gave you some pretty good advice as far as what it takes to develop what you want, and he has the fabbing experience to give his advice some weight. I have the experience to tell you that he is right. If you want to revolutionize window trim for the 944, go for it. Just don't get all pissy if everyone doesn't share your enthusiasm.

Quick Reply: is there a way to turbo my na?