Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE '83 944 IN S.C... NO CATCH, NO GIMMICKS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM
benjammin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE '83 944 IN S.C... NO CATCH, NO GIMMICKS!

...All i want is the $87 i paid for a new battery last week. Im moving back to Vegas in 3 weeks and need the car gone. I dont want to get rid of the car, but i cant afford to ship it, and cant tow it behind my celica. This was my baby and im tired of ***holes that dont know 944's showing up kicking tires and trying to haggle over the price. Im done, and would rather give the car away. Plus, my luck, now its not starting.

What you're getting:
black 1983 944 manual. If nothing else, for you're $87 you will be getting 95% of all body panels that are straight. The worst damage is the nose piece is dented and jagged around the hood latch where p.o. had to pry it open or something bc the hood was stuck. Shines up nice but paint job isnt the original and isnt the best (wasnt me). Passenger seat leather is good, drivers seat leather is not. Dash is cracked but has a cheapo cover. It has the hole under the battery from acid corrosion which leaks into the car when it rains. Drivers side floor panel needs repair or replacing right where seat bolts in the back left corner. AC doesnt blow very cold. Top is on or off; no tilt, but does not leak (and i have the cover). Inflatable tire is in the back but i dont have the air pump that should be there.

Car ran for 2 years with no problems. I replaced the transmission bc it was getting noisy (replaced with tranny out of '82 924 purchased from rennlist member), and replaced the starter. Idle wanders up and down when it gets to temp, and im thinking its a vacuum leak but wasnt able to diagnose it before i parked it. Odometer stopped working when i owned it at 126,000 (approximately). Those were the only problems i ever had. Ive changed other little parts here and there but wasnt able to get around to the big things that i wanted to do. The radiator started leaking bad, and thats when i parked it. I started it every so often and it always started right up (always added water first). The last time i went to start it, the battery was dead. Bought a new battery last week so i could sell it, and it barely started. It ran, kinda rough at first, then smoothed out. I turned it off and tried to start it again thinking it would be fine now, but its not.

So, no more of my sad story... bottom line, my loss is your gain. You could figure out whats wrong with it and spend $500 to get an awesome running car again, or you may have to take motor apart or replace it if you want. I dont know. But for $87, does it matter? Again, this isnt a gimmick. First come, first served. I dont have time to answer all the emails i was getting when i had it listed on Craigslist or make call backs (plus its not running now anyway), and i cant list it for sale here bc im not a full dues paying rennlist member.

The car is at
308 academy st
fort mill sc 29715

Swing by and take a look at it if you want. Just dont come knocking with questions unless i know you're coming first . First person to email me and that can pick it up the soonest gets it. I'll sign the title over and its yours. Thats it. no catch. No gimmicks: Something for nothing. Ill only consider holding it for someone if you want to offer me some money. But even then, im gunna start driving to Vegas the 25th of this month, so you would still need to get it before then. Ill email a zip with a few more pics if you want.

My email is bmaurent@aol.com. If you wanna come by and look, knock yourself out. Just dont come at crazy hours or ill think someones trying to rob me and you'll get shot lol. Daylight hours is fine.

Last edited by benjammin; 07-06-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Capitalized the WHOLE title
Old 07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I'd pick it up in a heart beat if I were in the area... How much is shipping? LOL.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

the wheels alone are worth the cost of a tow to get it home.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want it so bad it makes me want to vomit, but I know damn well I don't have the time or means to get it.

AHH!!
Gunna be some lucky dude in SC.

Since its an 83 it had manual steering right? All the better.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom R.
the wheels alone are worth the cost of a tow to get it home.
True...
Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
True...
If it wasnt so far away i would suggest we take a road trip and join NASA with a spec racer.

Road trip Geoff, you drive, I'll buy the beer.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

I'd like to see some more pics
Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
benjammin
Banned

Yeah. I was only asking $1000 for it on Craigslist and was getting haggled. Then it stopped running, so i was asking $600 and was still getting haggled. People wanna buy a Porsche and pay ford prices. Its ridiculous and i was starting to lose my cool. I work 50-60 hours a week and just dont want to deal with it anymore. Someone is def gunna get a steal.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

If it wasnt so far away i would suggest we take a road trip and join NASA with a spec racer.
If we're gonna do that, dude, We've already got a phenominal candidate that I'm trying to sell right now... it's already got modified suspension. just needs a cage and some safety gear and it's pretty much there.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Road trip Geoff, you drive, I'll buy the beer.
We could buy it ($43.50 a piece.) and leave it at a track centrally located between us and meet there a few times a year and beat the crap out of it.
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jeeper31
holy chit! first my neighbor from denver comments, then my neighbor from NY comments.

NY has the trailer, and the time to get it. Road Trip Dan. You drive I'll buy the beer.
benjammin
Banned

pm your email and ill send you a zip
Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This makes me want to cry... someone claim it!!!!!!! so I don't have to figure out how to get it to my house!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Calmchaos
This makes me want to cry... someone claim it!!!!!!! so I don't have to figure out how to get it to my house!
I know. I'm thinking the same thing... Turbo needs a new starter! LOL! I mean, come on people! in parts alone this is worth a ton!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We could buy it ($43.50 a piece.) and leave it at a track centrally located between us and meet there a few times a year and beat the crap out of it.
Dude, you been studying math behind my back? I never saw a shrink do math that fast!!

my obsession with figures rubbed off on you.

Did you get my phone message about a DE in wisconsin in a few weeks. some very bad influences around me here in CO.

Quick Reply: FREE '83 944 IN S.C... NO CATCH, NO GIMMICKS!