Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE '83 944 IN S.C... NO CATCH, NO GIMMICKS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell it to someone who will have some fun with it, and NOT just to part it out for profit if you can.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

lol wow, sucks so bad, I wish I was in the area too

or had a tow truck/dolly
Old 07-07-2008, 10:12 AM
dmalo810
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Benjammin,
Is it still available? If so, I could be there next Sunday to pickup. Let me know.
Thanks,
Don
Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by TNT25169
I'll take it. Call me at (440) 666-0350 or send me an email at APartAbove@aol.com with a phone number so I can call you tomorrow.
Originally Posted by TNT25169
Please email (APartAbove@aol.com) me with your number and I'l call you tomorrow.
i think we have a winner..
Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Catfood
Burning Brakes

Ill give you $50 dollars for it if you pay for my gas to drive it across the country??????? NO jk, this is the most unbelievable deal ever, if I wasnt turbo hunting I would have been all over it! Good luck sorry to hear it has been so much trouble.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Benjammin- I tried giving you a call but it said your number was not in service. I can pick up the car today or tomorrow whatever works for you, just let me know.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

PM Sent.

Wondering if it's still available. It's a bit of a drive, but I'll come get it this weekend if it's not gone before then.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 AM
mrwolfe
Advanced

I live round the corner from you... If the others fall out, give me a call I'll be there within the hour, $100 in hand. PMing you my number just in case.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Strike-Force
Racer

I'll take it if everyone else falls through
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Reimu
Drifting

I'm pretty close, if the other near guys don't get it I'll work something out and have it out of your hair no problem.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:33 AM
benjammin
Banned

I think its safe to say the car is gone. I have a couple of sure things lined up, and several pm's that would be next in line if something doesnt work out. Thank you all for the replies, and if things dont work out with anyone else, ill post here (but again, im sure its gone).
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

someone is going to get a SICK deal

wow

I was gona say - I'm renting a truck and driving to SC to pick this up, can't bean FREE stuff!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

So, whoever gets this... post up!

Don't let the saga end here
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Do not deal with this guy

Alright I almost never post anything bad about anyone but I have been jerked around about this car so much over the last 36 hours that I thought I would share it with you guys.

I sent a PM and emailed Ben Sunday night saying that I would come pick up the car Monday or Tuesday whichever worked for him and to give me his number so I could call him. I talk to him yesterday morning and we chatted briefly about the car as anyone would, and I told him I didn't care what was wrong with the car and I would come get it that afternoon after he got off work no questions asked. Well after waiting around yesterday to hear from him I decided to give him a call and leave a message saying that I was going to get the trailer and that since it was getting late that I wouldn't mind waiting until Tuesday since I hadn't heard from him. Well I get home last night with a message from Ben just returning my call, it was later so I figured I wouldn't bother him. Well I check my PM's and have a message from Ben saying he is going to wait for someone else to come this weekend for $100. I write him back saying I thought we had an agreement and that I have already picked up a trailer and gone through the trouble to set everything up with a friend to tow the car back to my place and if it was about money I would gladly pay him the $100 bucks for the battery and another $100 just to make it worth his trouble. Well I get a call from Ben at about midnight explaining that he has someone else etc.. well after discussing matters with him and explaining that I was setup to go first thing tomorrow he says no problem that he will honor our deal, he won't let it go to anyone else. I repeated to him several times that I didn't want to jerked around if it wasn't going to happen and to let me know on the phone that I had his word, and he reassured me that the car was mine not worry. Well today I call him several times before getting ahold of him to confirm that we are set to go, and once again he say's yes no problem he will be there. Well just now I get back from shipping some parts to another rennlister and I have a message on my phone from Ben claiming someone else saw his ad on craigslist which he told me was no longer up and came by and bought the car.

Needless to say I am pretty upset that I have been jerked around back and fourth by this guy, and can only imagine what a waste of time this would have been for some of you who were thinking about coming from out of state. I wouldn't be so mad if he hadn't assured me that the car was mine and not to take the trailer back etc. Now he won't return any of my calls to explain himself, so I guess thats what you get expecting something for nothing.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86

Alright I almost never post anything bad about anyone but I have been jerked around about this car so much over the last 36 hours that I thought I would share it with you guys.

I sent a PM and emailed Ben Sunday night saying that I would come pick up the car Monday or Tuesday whichever worked for him and to give me his number so I could call him. I talk to him yesterday morning and we chatted briefly about the car as anyone would, and I told him I didn't care what was wrong with the car and I would come get it that afternoon after he got off work no questions asked. Well after waiting around yesterday to hear from him I decided to give him a call and leave a message saying that I was going to get the trailer and that since it was getting late that I wouldn't mind waiting until Tuesday since I hadn't heard from him. Well I get home last night with a message from Ben just returning my call, it was later so I figured I wouldn't bother him. Well I check my PM's and have a message from Ben saying he is going to wait for someone else to come this weekend for $100. I write him back saying I thought we had an agreement and that I have already picked up a trailer and gone through the trouble to set everything up with a friend to tow the car back to my place and if it was about money I would gladly pay him the $100 bucks for the battery and another $100 just to make it worth his trouble. Well I get a call from Ben at about midnight explaining that he has someone else etc.. well after discussing matters with him and explaining that I was setup to go first thing tomorrow he says no problem that he will honor our deal, he won't let it go to anyone else. I repeated to him several times that I didn't want to jerked around if it wasn't going to happen and to let me know on the phone that I had his word, and he reassured me that the car was mine not worry. Well today I call him several times before getting ahold of him to confirm that we are set to go, and once again he say's yes no problem he will be there. Well just now I get back from shipping some parts to another rennlister and I have a message on my phone from Ben claiming someone else saw his ad on craigslist which he told me was no longer up and came by and bought the car.

Needless to say I am pretty upset that I have been jerked around back and fourth by this guy, and can only imagine what a waste of time this would have been for some of you who were thinking about coming from out of state. I wouldn't be so mad if he hadn't assured me that the car was mine and not to take the trailer back etc. Now he won't return any of my calls to explain himself, so I guess thats what you get expecting something for nothing.
You know, I saw this thread posted by benjamin when it was no more than 20 min. old. I immediately thought "wow, what a great candidate for a track car!" But, something told me not to do it. I don't live that far away, but something told me to stay away. My instincts are usually right when it comes to stuff like this. This goes to show you that if it's too good to be true, then it really is. My only guess is that this guy realized he was getting nothing for the car and was beginning to regret it.

Sorry for your troubles. Since he's a new user he may have troubles selling stuff in the future if he becomes an active Rennlist member.

Quick Reply: FREE '83 944 IN S.C... NO CATCH, NO GIMMICKS!