Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal - SF bay area GTG / drive 8/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:00 AM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman

So here's a quick >MAP < i put together.
I read somewhere that calaveras had a stretch of gravel where they are doing some road work.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:28 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wil be thoroughly angered if we call off a drive because one section of has gravel on it. Just drive slow till we pass through.

On that note, if it is bad, we can do mines and del Puerto canyon instead and avoid the southern roads.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dmitry S.
Should be running in no time.....
Slap a cage in that and you'll be ready for Spec !!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate you guys. :P

Sounds like fun.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryW
Slap a cage in that and you'll be ready for Spec !!
I have an autopower roll bar that's going in in the meantime, and i'll start out with auto-x and DE days. Later on, I'll get a cage installed.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dmitry S.
I have an autopower roll bar that's going in in the meantime, and i'll start out with auto-x and DE days. Later on, I'll get a cage installed.
Great -- Going to run with NASA or other groups ?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Steve - I'm flexible on the date, so just let me know. I know your runs are like the big ones that people wait for all year. This is just a quick 'i wanna drive' run so I don't want to overshadow yers.

You're thinking of the wentworth (sierra) run last year, not the skaggs run. I remember everything you referred to (I witnessed chris' alt belt fall off on the way home) but I didn't attend last year's skaggs.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I plan on making every run this year, regardless of how close together / far apart they are. I love this stuff!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

Steve - I'm flexible on the date, so just let me know. I know your runs are like the big ones that people wait for all year. This is just a quick 'i wanna drive' run so I don't want to overshadow yers.

You're thinking of the wentworth (sierra) run last year, not the skaggs run. I remember everything you referred to (I witnessed chris' alt belt fall off on the way home) but I didn't attend last year's skaggs.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I plan on making every run this year, regardless of how close together / far apart they are. I love this stuff!
Don't worry about it Arash. I'll talk to Brad about Skaggs since that one is his baby. Wentworth Springs-Ice House will be a short notice deal this time. Last year the pre-run posting went to 17 pages and got borderline stupid. I want to avoid the liability issues of last years idiocy as many of you might know. Please keep your So. Bay GTG on the date you want and I'll work around it. I probably won't be attending this one anyway, I'm still neck-deep in the project car and need every weekend I can get.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:57 PM
959Lover
Racer

Originally Posted by Andial951
Im trembling..........

got the fuel line for the NA today...........maybe I will run you in that..........should be about even until you get traction, then you'll win..............
There, fixed it for ya
Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long I get enough time to either request the day off from work or get someone to cover me, l plan to attend any and all events. Might not be in the Porsche, but that is just a side note.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OK Steve, sounds good. I remember back when I first joined rennlist, and when I first got my 944 running, Brad was doing his run, and I went. Man, from that day, it's been a downward spiral deeper into the pit of obsession. Whee!

Chris, I'll do a test run before hand, to see what is closed / blocked. If Calaveras is closed, that's a shame, it's a fantastic road, and a important step in our journey. We might have to just start the run in San Jose... The 2 big changes so far from last year's run are 1. ditched the first road (Redwood rd) due to too many wussies (I mean bicyclists), and 2. ditching del puerto rd & I-5 just because I want to take Mines instead. Mines is my favorite road in the east bay. Del Puerto is great though, and leads us closer to the BBQ.

Thank God for multiple porsches and the means to keep them around. You'll see me at all the runs, in one or another p-car. Maybe I'll bring the nine-forty-foul this time...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
959Lover
Racer

or maybe we can go in my little bucket if the pcars are down and out
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I expect your Vee-dub to be there bro. It's time to put some real mileage on that thing. And no, the p-cars will never all be down. At least I really hope not. Because then you'd all have to follow me in my BENZ BABY!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

OK Steve, sounds good. I remember back when I first joined rennlist, and when I first got my 944 running, Brad was doing his run, and I went. Man, from that day, it's been a downward spiral deeper into the pit of obsession. Whee!

Chris, I'll do a test run before hand, to see what is closed / blocked. If Calaveras is closed, that's a shame, it's a fantastic road, and a important step in our journey. We might have to just start the run in San Jose... The 2 big changes so far from last year's run are 1. ditched the first road (Redwood rd) due to too many wussies (I mean bicyclists), and 2. ditching del puerto rd & I-5 just because I want to take Mines instead. Mines is my favorite road in the east bay. Del Puerto is great though, and leads us closer to the BBQ.

Thank God for multiple porsches and the means to keep them around. You'll see me at all the runs, in one or another p-car. Maybe I'll bring the nine-forty-foul this time...
I like the idea of not driving redwood and taking Mines all the way back. It will be a long but rewarding drive. Maybe I will bring the 968T.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
959Lover
Racer

What 968T? The one you dreamt about owning?

Mines road is the road that goes along that ravine and hill, correct? Northbound is next to the hills, Southbound is the ravine? Yeah, I pwned a squirrel with my GTI the first time we tried that road. I'm sure there's a warrant for my capture over there.

Quick Reply: NorCal - SF bay area GTG / drive 8/25/07