Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944Fest (August 10th & 11th): Registration NOW OPEN

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Sorry, Mike about the late PM reply. You asked a hard question and I am pondering the response. I will get back to you soon.

As for the fireworks, yea, we better hold off. In the past we have had some pyrotechnic activities but we were on private land, and even then we managed to cause some problems. No fireworks at Nelsons, sorry.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dan
Old 06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Man accidents?
Sorry MAny
Old 06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Sorry, Mike about the late PM reply. You asked a hard question and I am pondering the response. I will get back to you soon.

As for the fireworks, yea, we better hold off. In the past we have had some pyrotechnic activities but we were on private land, and even then we managed to cause some problems. No fireworks at Nelsons, sorry.
lol aaa if i only had the cam recording at the time lol
Old 06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
lapex
Instructor

i registered today and will pay sometime later in the week as long as you guys dont mind sharing the track again with a Frankencar, lol? Had the tan v8 powered car last year.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

lapex are you the guy who did One Lap last year? If so a few friends of mine in some BMW's and a modded Audi S4 ran into you on their way into Indianapolis a few weekends ago.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:30 PM
lapex
Instructor

yep, that was probably me, did One Lap last year and about 3 weeks ago. We had braking issues again during the run. I was experimenting with a power brake setup that DIDNT do too well on the track ( my first 540 through the infield, lol). The V8 conversions have to give up the vacuum booster to make room for the engine. I am talking to Wilwood about getting a non-power master configured so that i can have better brakes than the Porsche m/c which is designed to be used with the booster. Where did i run into them? Dayton? i live in Dayton and the car doesnt go on the road much, unless they saw me during this years race, which went through Indy ( we ran IRP road course twice and then did the drags in the evening- they gridded us next to a 993 in the drags and we pretty much smoked him). After dicking with the brakes for the first three days where we were pretty slow because we werent sure how much whoa we had, started running closer to the top of the pack. Its a cool event because you get to measure yourself and your car against some pretty high-talent, high dollar teams.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Lapex, I welcome you mosters with open arms, thanks for signing up.

Just a teaser we are working on- We took it easy in the video department for the last couple of events. This year we plan to make up for it with a great video production. I plan to dedicate one run group friday for on-track filming. If I can get my act together, we're going to try to put my bullet cam and microphone on a boom, hanging out the back of my truck somehow. We'll launch the pace truck, and then send the track cars after it. We'll get some neat angles of the 944's as they pass outside, inside, or rub their nose of the car on the cam. I'm going to make sure the suction-cup cam is on my car every time I come out and chase you folks around in your run groups, gathering cool footage. This has the potential to break some new ground as far as track day/event media production. I'll need some help of course, and anyone who feels qualified and wants to help, let me know.

News Item 2. Over in the 944fest forum, there is discussion of which day the dyno should roll. In the past, I did it Friday 12-8, so Saturday we could relax, polish and cruise. I know that is a problem for some who can't come Friday, etc, but if we do it Sat then we are basically pinned down to Nelsons all day. Comments, suggestions?
TIA
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

on second thought, friday would be cool- how late can we go?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

If we are going to get some of the big dogs such as Special Tool, and your buddy who has the monster hp (can't remember his name) I would rather have it on Saturday. Makes it more of an event to have a shootout with nothing else going on.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally Posted by Skip Wolfe
If we are going to get some of the big dogs such as Special Tool, and your buddy who has the monster hp (can't remember his name) I would rather have it on Saturday. Makes it more of an event to have a shootout with nothing else going on.
I thought about this too. So far Tool is the only supermachine to pledge attendance that I know of. Yes, Erwin will be there too and may or may not be ready to challenge tool. The bottom line is I can't find a way to focus most of the day around what is 10 or 15 fabulous seconds. Even if I got some sort of MC to talk it up and give results, it still makes for a farily boring event except for those loud moments. If we run Firday, I'm sure we can run the dyno till at least 8 pm, and therefore we'll have a soundtrack and something to spectate after the track day and during Friday's dinner.

Also, Saturday I may be prepared to do another group cruise. Maybe a drive to Stoddard for lunch with quiz or poker run (?) along the way, or a well mapped cruise elsewhere. Saturday at Nelson's is going to be running with Motorcycles (no sleeping in!) so staying at the track Sat may not be as appealing as it was last year to watch the PCA DE.

Anyway, I'm working on pinning down the event schedule. I'm tickled the registration numbers are EXACTLY where I want them to be.

I'm really starting to look forward to it!!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have got to stop reading this thread because I am really starting to regret not signing up. It sounds like it's going to be a blast again! Kudos to Dan for all his efforts in making this happen.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I thought about this too. So far Tool is the only supermachine to pledge attendance that I know of. Yes, Erwin will be there too and may or may not be ready to challenge tool. The bottom line is I can't find a way to focus most of the day around what is 10 or 15 fabulous seconds. Even if I got some sort of MC to talk it up and give results, it still makes for a farily boring event except for those loud moments. If we run Firday, I'm sure we can run the dyno till at least 8 pm, and therefore we'll have a soundtrack and something to spectate after the track day and during Friday's dinner.

Also, Saturday I may be prepared to do another group cruise. Maybe a drive to Stoddard for lunch with quiz or poker run (?) along the way, or a well mapped cruise elsewhere. Saturday at Nelson's is going to be running with Motorcycles (no sleeping in!) so staying at the track Sat may not be as appealing as it was last year to watch the PCA DE.

Anyway, I'm working on pinning down the event schedule. I'm tickled the registration numbers are EXACTLY where I want them to be.

I'm really starting to look forward to it!!
Dan i think you should get rid of the poker / quick run. Everyone got lost last time. I think we should do a cruise like the year of 05. Now what would be nice a long nice of 944's going at around 35 mph at all times
Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 PM
944kid
Banned

Originally Posted by reno808
Dan i think you should get rid of the poker / quick run. Everyone got lost last time. I think we should do a cruise like the year of 05. Now what would be nice a long nice of 944's going at around 35 mph at all times
When I did the gimmick rallye, me and driver John (Ghost944) took about 6 hours to complete all the directions. Possibly get it down to half that, and have a drive afterwards? That would definately fill a Caturday.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

I enjoyed the gimmick ralley last year a great deal! Even though we got back late. I appreciated immensely all the organization that went into it! I am certainly up for a scenic/entertaining cruise as well! Does not seem to distant of an event anymore.

Quick Reply: 944Fest (August 10th & 11th): Registration NOW OPEN