Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
RM512
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in the day, powersliding is what drifting is today.
Didn't know it worked with a front wheel drive car.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

e-brake, get her going, lock up the rear wheels, slam the gas. i used to be so good at this id go into a slide, get her rolling backwards throw it in reverse and do another 180 and keep going. i learned to drive in the winter as well. so it was real easy to have fun. i can say it was fun(then) but i went thru about 3 transmissions in my cutlass ciera. wow i was a dumbass
Old 06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember where I posted it, but I did on here somewhere...

I did get pulled over, and having to shell out 530 bucks I had saved up for my P-car was a huge blow to me. I get my license back in 3 days, and I'm on divserion for another 5 months. Not that I need diversion now, as I have and will shape up my driving. Speed isn't even really fun now. Sure, acceling to the speed limit as fast as humanly possible might be a tad fun, but I'm not going to push my luck. I was lucky to get off with 30 day suspension and 530 dollar fine. The lady cop could have done here job, and sent me to JDC for a night or two for wreckless driving, and I wouldn't need to worry about how much I had saved up for a 944 for many upon many years to come. Sure, I didn't take the advice then, as really, I never thought I'd get caught. Then, April 7th rolled around and the tables turned. I just want most of you to realize I'm not the same person I was 3-6 months ago. Having to go to court really made me realize what I was doing.

My dad even told me, he was a hot head back in the mid to late 70's having the fastest car at school. He was coming around a downhill curve at 65-70 and lost traction, rear end dipped in the ditch then the car proceeded to flip 12 times. Luckily he didn't have his seatbelt on, or he would have been dead. He said after that happened, he hasn't really ever sped since then because of how much of a reality check it was. Mine came with a lesser punishment, but dealt the same damage.

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?