Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever use Seafoam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Chwatson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, if you pour it in with the oil, don't you have to swap out the oil shortly thereafter?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Camaro_Muncher
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
The links actually go to streetfire.net, but to answer your question as best I can...

The site uses FlashPlayer and if you look in the upper right corner above the video you can switch to Windows Media Player. Try doing that. If it works, then you need to download flashplayer, which is an Adobe product: http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ Get flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Clicking on the first link and using the Active X control should tell you wether you have the player/plug in installed on your CPU.

Good luck.
That specific video cant be switched to WMP. I checked that site and i already have version 9.01 or something. Some of the videos on streetfire work and some dont.
Thanks for all the help
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seafoam in Borys' car... (airflite40)

the pics don't do it justice. it smogged out my neighborhood. there was an eye-burning haze that lingered for a couple hours. Then the cops showed up... LOL!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 PM
944kid
Banned

Originally Posted by billthe3
How did you kill an acura engine? I assume you checked all the coolant lines?

</snip>
I didn't kill it, the PO did. I got this car at 155k, and I'm slowly but surely sorting it out. Originally I thought the car was overheating and losing coolant because of a loose lower radiator hose. When the car warmed up, it would slowly leak at maybe 10 drops per minute. After I tightened that up, it stayed perfect for a whole week, so naturally I thought I solved the problem. Unfortuately, it wasn't that.

Thinking back, the only thing I could have done to it to make it fail was driving it on a busted hose. I needed to travel 6 miles, and by the fourth, the car was overheating. I pulled over and found the busted heater hose. I sat where the car overheated for a half an hour on the side of the road until the car cooled down below normal. Then I drove it to Napa and replaced the hose, (on the way it started to overheat, but didn't peg), and filled the car with coolant. That's the only thing I can think of that I did to make the car overheat the way it is now.

Meh, it's just money.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Seafoam in Borys' car... (airflite40)

Then the cops showed up... LOL!

And then? lol
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the cop actually came by to chat with me... he's a buddy, and saw that we were in the garge.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I picked up a can today. I had an interesting evening replacing my starter / bleeding my clutch...
I am going to try it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

So for removing the vacuum hose off of the brake booster, does one try to loosen that awful hose clamp thing and take the hose off, or does that T-shaped check valve thing come out of the brake booster? Does it twist off or just pop out or what?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Hoss Ghoul
Instructor

Remove the clamp and then wiggle/pull the hose out of the booster. I took the check valve out when I did mine, but it is very brittle and I broke the end off, so be careful.

When doing this procedure on a friends car removing the check valve caused the car to stall, so we put the check valve back in, lessening the vaccum leak enough for it to keep idle.

EDIT: Oh, and two things I haven't seen mentioned. Do this on a warm engine, and when you go to drive the car after putting it all back together give the brake pedal a few pumps to make sure you have pressure.

Last edited by Hoss Ghoul; 04-14-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 AM
944kid
Banned

Very imformative, Hoss Ghoul. Muchos gracias!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Chwatson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a chance to use it this afternoon. Boy did it smoke... I have not had a chance to really check for a major change in response/power, because shortly after driving the wheels off of it I had to head straight out to school. At 6 bucks and change after tax, it can't hurt to give it a shot.

I did have to cut perpendicular to the vac hose though because it was so brittle and hard that it wouldn't budge. The little slit that I cut let it expand enough to slide off. The hose clamp was a SOB to get off, as well.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Originally Posted by Chwatson
I got a chance to use it this afternoon. Boy did it smoke... I have not had a chance to really check for a major change in response/power, because shortly after driving the wheels off of it I had to head straight out to school. At 6 bucks and change after tax, it can't hurt to give it a shot.

I did have to cut perpendicular to the vac hose though because it was so brittle and hard that it wouldn't budge. The little slit that I cut let it expand enough to slide off. The hose clamp was a SOB to get off, as well.

If your talking about the brake booster vacuum hose, I had the same problem. All I did was pull th valve out of the booster itself and pulled the hose off with all my strength.

I used Seafoam this weekend and it smoked me out of my driveway. I used an entire can.

First I used about 3/4 while running, I shut it off and waited 5 minutes. I restarted and reved it at a steady 3500RPM for about a minute. I then poured the rest in the brake booster line and let it sit for the rest of the day. I went out a couple hours later and drove the hell out of it, reving to redline through ever gear I could and letting the engine slow me down.

Because of my idle problem due to a bad O2 Sensor, I could not see any improvement in... anything. But it did make me feel good seeing all that smoke )

Quick Reply: Anybody ever use Seafoam?