Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncle KILLED MY CAR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Uncle KILLED MY CAR!!!!

I am 95% sure the balance shaft belt is gone and 50-50 on timing. if it is the case, i may be putting it up for sale. IF you are ready for a story, read on...
This morning i went out to my car, and i noticed that it was parked up on the curb. Just so anyone knows, i am obsesive compulsive. I NEVER park my car on a curb, always flush. The seat of the car was slid up, i always slide it back to get in and out. The stereo was on a different track. The car was in nuetral, i ALWAYS put it in reverse with the parking brake. It had less gas. The kicker, was that i parked it at 8:30 last night. When i went out this morning, there were circles where the car's defrosters shoot!!! twelve hours after i parked it and i always shut off all my vents. With all of this, i knew y uncle tok my car out last night. HE was drunk last night i might add. Anyways. I tried starting it. Starter worked, engine turned over, but no go. I tried giving it gas to open the throttle body and give it air. It started up, then shook violently. Enough to make the car feel like it was bouncing, no exaggeration!!! That made me think balance shaft belt. I have never dealt with a timing belt break, but it would not stay on, even when i got warmer in the day. He F*CKED it over!!! The thing is whatever damage there is, he can't pay for it!!! he is living with us because he doesn't have anywhere to go and he MIGHT be getting a job soon. WTF!!!!!!
I just want to know, has anyone had trouble starting like this before? I am so mad right now, there is no way i can verbalize it. My mom let me take her car to get out of the house, i just couldn't stand being anywhere near him.
He said that he didn't drive it, he tried to. His description of the events were as follows: He tried starting it and it wouldn't. then he he said he TRIED to drive it but the brakes felt like they were locked up. The damn parking brake was on!!! GOd damn *** hole!!! HE said that he backed it up and that it was having trouble because of the locked brakes, so he put it back. With how much gas was gone, hell no, he drove for a while, with the brake on. Thats what i think may have killd the timin, just by red lining it to get it to move. I mean he sneaks into m damn room, streals my keys, then my car, f*cks it up and won't fess up!!!! The car is in my dad's ame, so if he hit anyone, my dad would be eating sh*t!! I think my dad is almost as mad as me because of tha. I am seriously shaking in anger.
i am going to push my car into the garage and get to work on it during the week. I just wanna know with all the details i gave, what does it sound like happened? thank's for taking your time to read this, and for all of your comments.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:44 PM
faithless
Pro

Throw him out of the house, or chain him up and make him slave it off.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Whilst the t-belt may have slipped, it didn't completely go or you would have a sewing-machine like noise under the hood - that's it. I'm not saying you don't have valve damage, but it's probably not as bad as it seems.

Quit trying to start/drive the car until you can have a look at the belts and/or do a compression check. Don't turn it over again.

Micah

BTW, is this a manual or an Auto?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
85944na
Racer

that sucks, the car will not shake violently with no balance shaft belt.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Manual. I know not to try and start it again. I am just gonna push it into the garage and work on it after school everyday. I am just so pissed. What gave him the right to steal my car?!??!?!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by silverBean
I mean he sneaks into m damn room, streals my keys, then my car, f*cks it up and won't fess up!!!! The car is in my dad's ame, so if he hit anyone, my dad would be eating sh*t!! I think my dad is almost as mad as me because of tha.
If someone did that to me,I'd seriously press charges for the damage done. Family or not,like you said, he STOLE your car,wrecked the engine and poss your brakes,and he won't pay. Go make him.

Reason I say so is that same thing (more or less) happened to me once. Not a Porsche,but my daily driver, gone when I wake up. I freak out,thinking it was stolen,and it turns out a "friend" of my mother,that in his usual parasittic way (he didn't have a place to stay,so we let him stay a weekend...in the end he stayed a year,doing his best to spend our hard earned cash. ) had taken my keys,driven the car (on summer tires...it was that years first snow that night,i.e. the car didn't have legal tires for those conditions),and the fool had lost control,t-boned a Fiero,blacked out and while he was out he kept the throttle to the floor in neutral....guess what happened to that engine,and who got the blame? "He hadn't done anything wrong...his car didn't start in the cold,and he had to go to work"...like that was MY ducking problem. So claim your right to have your car back in order...I hope for your sake he didn't hit anyone when he was out there..
Old 01-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

My buddy lent his son $$ to buy a used car. his son was supposed to make payments every month. One month he was late. My buddy took the club from his own car and put it on his sons car. then went to work.

a few hours later his son calls him and asks whats up? "consider your car reposessed" was his answer. How do I get to work? - same answer, and it went on.

The club is an amazing thing. So is an ignition kill switch that the retard wont know about. let him turn the key till his fingers fall off.

Time to repo your own car!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

He might have hit something. I noticed a a sliught dent in the rear passenger side that i have not seen before. You know the plastic portion on the rear side that attatches to the bumber, well it's slightly bubble in then pops out a bit, the other one is fine, and i am pretty sure i would have noticed it with all the washings and my beautiful hand waxed finishes! The thing is pressing charges won't do ****, he has NO JOB!! i swear, i think i am gonna be digging a 6 foot hole on the res today. Anyone who lives out here knows where i mean.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Hey TOM, you go tthe GTO!!! how does it drive?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

The thing is pressing charges won't do ****, he has NO JOB!!
I don't know how the law works in the US,but here,if you do stuff like that and can't pay for your sins,you get time behind bars to make up for it. You'll get him out of your house without spending the time to make a hole in the ground and wasting a cartridge... Edit: BTW,that was the way we had to go getting "our" parasite off our grounds...never seen him since.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Chase72
Racer

Silverbean: sorry to hear about that. You can't choose your family members, unfortunately...

Who's side of the family is your Uncle on? Mom or Dad's? You will need to sit down and have a serious discussion involving your uncle &a parent (mom, dad or both). I'd recommend you discuss what happened, what damaged was cause (if you have an assessment, all the better), and then recommend a solution for how this will be solved (like how he's going to pay you back). So long as you got your parents on your side, you guys have him by the ***** because he is living with your family... his other option is the street, so I think he'll have to at least listen. Get support from your immediate family first before you talk--that's key.

And next, either install a kill switch, disconnect the battery / DME or get a club. Yup, it's stupid to impound your own car at home, but at least you know it's not going anywhere. Also, keep your keys with you at all times...

Sounds like you have good self control, as I know others would have killed the guy in his sleep and buried the body in the backyard by now... Good luck.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He might have hit something. I noticed a a sliught dent in the rear passenger side that i have not seen before. You know the plastic portion on the rear side that attatches to the bumber, well it's slightly bubble in then pops out a bit, the other one is fine, and i am pretty sure i would have noticed it with all the washings and my beautiful hand waxed finishes! The thing is pressing charges won't do ****, he has NO JOB!! i swear, i think i am gonna be digging a 6 foot hole on the res today. Anyone who lives out here knows where i mean.
Any other cars around? Sounds like he backed into something...
Old 01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
blackcube
Advanced

My ex-brother in law was a real redneck MF. He was a dirt track racer. We shared a garage at my house and a lot of his ******* friends were always hanging out there. One fine day, I was at work while he hung around the garage drinking beer and attempting to work on his cars. One of his genius friends was washing parts in a pan of gasoline. There was a stuck bolt in something so the smart individual takes a torch and to try and "burn the bolt out". A trail of sparks proceeded to ignite the gas and half of the garage looks like it's going up in flames (I had a witness). My brother-in-law puts out the fire with the extinguisher. The whole place is smoked, tools, parts, my two Fiat spiders. So in his brilliance, he proceeds to take the power washer and wash everything in the garage. My tool boxes, my shop manual collection, all of my parts for three different Fiat’s all in little paper bags labeled with the proper part numbers, two full Sun test carts and the air compressor.

Was I pissed? I was beyond pissed. I was looking for my gun. Why is it when you have a justifiable reason to pop a cap in someone's ***, your gun always can't be found. Finally after I cooled off a little, I put tires on all the old POS race cars, pushed them down the drive to the side street, removed all of the tires and called the city to complain about abandoned vehicles. Then I changed the locks on the gates and the garage.

His son grew up pulling some of the same tricks. I had a 67 VW Beetle with a 2 liter stroker engine that was my first complete hot rod project. He "borrowed" my bug one night, got drunk and was trying to wheelie it when he twisted the splines off both rear axles and did a lot of damage to the R&P gears was well. He got his later. He put in 4 and half in TxDoC for assaulting 4 police officers.

SilverBean, I feel your pain. I'd bury him out on the res too. Or at least think about it.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Silverbean,

Once everything is working again, go to Radio Shack and buy a 12 volt 25 amp automotive kill switch for $3. Splice it into the switched wire that goes to the DME relay, and hide the switch.
Shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to install, and it will avoid many future problems.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good reason to go out and buy a street sweeper (No, I'm not talkin about the vehicle...)

Quick Reply: Uncle KILLED MY CAR!!!!