Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW-PORSCHE REUNION in Cinci Oct 9-10

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UPDATED! VW-PORSCHE REUNION in Cinci Oct 9-10

EDIT: Last page has pics of current venue sight.

It's here and it's been rescheduled to October 10th.

Danny- you missed the "MAIN" page!!

http://www.cincyvwclub.com

Last edited by Chris_924s; 10-09-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:03 AM
CJF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I intend to go! I'll be in a VW, but I'll be there.

Remember, it's two American beers for one Canadian.

See you soon,
--Jody
Old 09-30-2004, 12:21 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there in the multi colored daily car, not too likely for the swapped car.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:35 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what do you mean, i already posted this....
Old 09-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xsboost90
what do you mean, i already posted this....
I searched "VW Porsche" and your post came up in every model area but here..I didnt find is so I started a new thread..I guess I didnt see it-
I thought it as very odd, but oversights do happen I just wanted to post it in case this was the issue- My bad.

anyhow- This is a great show, I encourage all to stop out if you can. The VW's alone were worth going, Last year the Taj send some of it's amazingly pristine cars including the Rothmann's 951 cup car.. we can only hope some of the newer acquisitions to the Taj ma Garaj will appear.

EDIT: PM sent to delete this and sticky the original thread.

Last edited by Chris_924s; 09-30-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:01 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking at those construction photos that are linked on that site, it looks like low, splitter-equipped cars are going to have a tough time getting in there......................
Old 09-30-2004, 09:03 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

my mom works right up the street, they have rerouted the road already, this was a during pic....
Old 09-30-2004, 09:11 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll stick this one up top. Sheesh, we're gonna end up with a page of stickies pretty soon.

I'll slap the 18's on the car and be there for this one.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I can make it, I can make it!!! I don't have to work that day and I actually know in advance!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:25 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

I don't want the whole weekend to be taken up with Porsche crap. I'm probably just going to do the drive/tour the day before. Anyone else doing that?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Not planning on the road tour Sat, My youngest son is in town for the weekend I'm going to do Dad/son stuff, I'll be at the Sunday car show for a while tho.

YEAH!! WADE has a little free time to come out and play!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:47 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hmm...Maybe the invisible Jerry Jaspers will show up. I've been trying to contact him for over 2 months now.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:19 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

dont know about the driving tour, i have a bday party to go to sat and the pre-party for the show is at 5pm at metalcraft coachwerks in norwood, so i guess ill do that sat and the show sunday....Cmon there jer, show up on sunday, we need some good 44s to come, they said the show is gonna be laid back so it may be peoples choice! You got my vote for best original paints...
Old 09-30-2004, 01:50 PM
CJF
Advanced

Originally Posted by tifosiman
I'm probably just going to do the drive/tour the day before. Anyone else doing that?
What driving tour? Details, please. I only saw something about the show on the Sunday.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:05 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by CJF
What driving tour? Details, please. I only saw something about the show on the Sunday.
From the OVR PCA site:

"OK, buy this time everyone should have had some great times in their Porsche this spring and summer , or what there was of it. Now it’s time to get everyone together for a Fall Driving Tour through the great roads of northern Kentucky down US 27/36 to the Natural Bridge State Park.

Plan on joining up with other PCAr’s and guests on October 9th at 8:00 AM .

We will meet at the Cold Spring Roadhouse (4210 Alexandria Pike) off US 27 in Alexandria, Ky. This is just south end of I - 471. (Formerly Buckskin Bev’s)

I have planned a fun and exciting driving tour, which should still be very “entertaining” along with being a wonderfully, scenic drive and fantastic views of the area. The fall leaf season should be starting at this time. We will hit some new roads for me, after we leave Northern Kentucky and South on US 27 down towards Falmouth and Cynthiana US 36 to the Daniel Boone National Forest. After driving through part of the forest, will head down further south, and again traverse on some great back roads in rural eastern Kentucky.

I caution you now to be on the lookout for our furry friends (Bambi, Thumper, Rocky, and the rest of them) will sometimes get to close the side of the road or even in the road to get a better view our your Porsche, Please keep an sharp eye open and be careful, this is a Fun Cruise, not a speed dash.

We will continue to the Natural Bridge State Park area to investigate what it has to offer as far as Porsche roads. After driving through a rock tunnel, we’ll take time to stop at a few of the landmarks along the way if interested, and finish up with a social gathering at the park where we can snack on some lunch at the Hemlock Lodge Dining room.

The Park offers a nice buffet style lunch and minimal individual cost. (Due to Leaf changing season we could not reserve the separate dining room.)

For those OVR people that would like to partake in some hiking excursions to some of the scenic overlooks and formations, please bring some walking shoes, as some of the scenic trails are less than 1 mile in length. Please plan on making a couple of the hikes, as at this time of year, it will be fantastic.

We also have the opportunity to have someone from the State park do some nature talks and walks if people are interested. The cost for a naturalist is very minimal. < $3.00 – $5.00 each.
Depending on talk subject. Ex. (Beginning Cave Walk –Easy 2.00, Stream Scene - 45 minutes,$ 2.00, Wildflower Walk on the Rock Garden, 2.5 miles $2.00, as examples). Or follow a map of the marked trails for free.

Plan to meet at 8:00 AM sharp on Saturday the October 9th.
If you want to get something to eat please do so on your way to the Road House. There are exits right after crossing into No KY that has some fast food places. Further details to will be given out that morning, along with registration, so the sooner we get started the better chance we’ll have of getting down there in time for our lunch plans. Because of the anticipated length of the tour route this might encompass most of the day on Saturday, but I will make sure it is entertaining.

As we get closer, keep watching OVR Web site (http://ovr.pca.org/) for further details. It will contain a Web ad for the tour along with further information.

I hope your can plan to be a part of this fun tour. Past tours have brought out many new faces, and we would like to see a great turnout both of new and old members. It promises to be a fun time for all as you can plan on getting some great seat time in your Porsche, along with meeting many new friends.

Please call or send me an email if you have any more questions.

Hope to see you there!

Mike Mullins

BoxsterSMike@Hotmail.com"

Quick Reply: VW-PORSCHE REUNION in Cinci Oct 9-10