Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004 | 12:09 AM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt H
Meanwhile....back at the Batcave, our hero Super Moderator 944Pete, was indulging in his nightly Dallas reruns.

All of a sudden, the Bat Phone rings and our Hero has to spring into action. Armed with his trusty keyboard, a beer, and his Super Moderator Powers he quickly puts an end to the local uprising.

Rennlist: "Thank you Super Moderator 944Pete!"
SM9P: "Aw, shucks, it weren't nothing guys"
Rennlist: "What would we ever do without you?"
SM9P: "It's okay guys/gals, your messageboard will be safe as long as I am here!"

And now...back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Join us again next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel

OK - that's pretty funny..!!!

Could we bring this topic back to it's intent? If not - it will be closed. Frankly - I was enjoying it, seeing who posted and was going to post to it myself.....

Maybe if it comes back..

Thanks....

John
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:10 AM
Officially Amy
Intermediate

Meanwhile....back at the Batcave, our hero Super Moderator 944Pete, was indulging in his nightly Dallas reruns.

All of a sudden, the Bat Phone rings and our Hero has to spring into action. Armed with his trusty keyboard, a beer, and his Super Moderator Powers he quickly puts an end to the local uprising.

Rennlist: "Thank you Super Moderator 944Pete!"
SM9P: "Aw, shucks, it weren't nothing guys"
Rennlist: "What would we ever do without you?"
SM9P: "It's okay guys/gals, your messageboard will be safe as long as I am here!"

And now...back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Join us again next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel

lol gotta love it
awesome
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:11 AM
Matt H
Race Director

John, on a more serious note, in the RX7 forum I am a member of sometimes when a thread is relevant the mods will delete crap like above (though not until the morning please) and leave only the content that is worth viewing. Might this be a good case to try that?
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:18 AM
John D.
Banned

.....mods will delete crap like above (though not until the morning please) and leave only the content that is worth viewing. Might this be a good case to try that?
It probably would be - but then I'd have to make "judgement" calls. Since I hate censorship - I'm more inclined to leave the posts as they are - and bring the thread back around..???

That's sort'a just "me"..????

Best to you!

John
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:24 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I kinda pruned the branches a little.
I do think it would be a good idea to get this thread back on it's original course.

Who's up next?
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:26 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

man you leave for an hour or two and you miss all the hoopla...geez.
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:27 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

I think its John's turn
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:32 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
man you leave for an hour or two and you miss all the hoopla...geez.
Exactly - who's gonna PM me and fill me in :-)
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:35 AM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by WesM951
I think its John's turn
Don't be looking at me!!!!

I have a LONG post - and I need to edit it - a LOT!!!
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:40 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

lmao.. Just kidding bud.
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:08 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by John D.
It probably would be - but then I'd have to make "judgement" calls. Since I hate censorship - I'm more inclined to leave the posts as they are - and bring the thread back around..???

That's sort'a just "me"..????

Best to you!

John

Well I was getting silly to get past all the junk.

I'll do my part and delete all the OT stuff I've posted here. Perhaps others can do the same. Have a little self discipline. Just because John doesn't want to censor us doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't censor ourselves. Let's be adults folks.
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:18 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

In a strange way, all that "junk" was right ON topic of this thread, "Let's get to know each other". We all got to know a couple of folks a little better. I like them both a lot and hate to see it, but stuff happens. 13 pages of bios can get a tad dry, thanks for the color. (Oh great.. now the OT stuff has vanished and people won't know what the heck I'm talking about...)

Sheesh!!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread already in progress:
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:01 AM
Geo
Race Director

George, if you want to erase them there is a delete key on the edit screen, as soon as you acknowledge, I will delete this one to, BTW, I cleaned up some of the other OT stuff as well.
I'm aware of that. Let's just say I got caught looking silly by someone erasing any existence of their participation in one thread and don't believe I should totally erase evidence of my own participation (can you say 1984?).

Thanks Matt.
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:42 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

OK, I guess I'll join in, don't know what I missed earlier but it must have been good.

Name: Jeremy
Occupation: Bicycle Bum who has parlayed his years of two-wheeled antics into a good paying job in the legal department of a large bicycle company. I won't go into detail, let's just say it's sorta like "CSI" for bicycles.

Porsche Genesis: Back in 1986 one of my best friends in high school bought an orange 914 2.0, and his dad had a red 911 Carrera. After spending significant time in both, I was hooked. I remember his dad telling me that the 944 was the way of the future and that the 911 series would be phazed out one day. Ha! Guess not..........

Here is a shot of my mug, my better half Renee's face has been edited to keep the Rennlist vultures from making Stig-like commentary:
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2004 | 10:08 AM
John D.
Banned

OK – I’ll give this a try…..

Name – John

Age - 47

Career: Since 1988 - market research and strategic planning for a handful of high-technology hardware and software clients, and with the exception of a few start-up ventures, most clients are large corporations. Primarily specialize in new product development, beta testing and system/network security. In my spare time, I run a website or two and support a community which has about 250,000 unique site visitors a day.

Porsche Genesis – I rebuilt VW engines as a hobby going back to when I was 14 – so I always dreamed of owning a Porsche. In 1979, I bought my first Porsche – a ’65 911. As the PO took it apart for a “restoration”, he found he couldn’t get it back together. Bought it for $3000 – and it arrived in boxes along with the stripped tub. Even the engine was apart, along with the tranny, interior, etc. After six months, got it back together fully restored. I cleared $12000 on the sale and thought “wow – that’s not bad” and promptly took the proceeds and purchased a 924 Turbo. It became my daily driver. Since then, I’ve owned a number of P’cars (about 14 or so over the last 25 years - some I restore, some I keep and drive): 951s, 911s, 914, etc. and use them as my daily driver and track car. I’ve also grown quite addicted to the track, and recently became a PCA Nationally Approved Instructor and instruct for various clubs and regions in my area. My current P’car is my ’95 993 and in the garage – we have that along with Jen's ’89 964 C4 and a ’68 911L.

How I found out about Rennlist: In May of 1998, a group of 6 or so got together, as the then current PorscheFans mailing list kept unsubscribing all its members and the list would go down for days. Since I had a permanent 56K connection to the Internet – I volunteered from that group to program and host another mailing list – “PorscheList” as a hobby site. It was launched Memorial Day weekend – 1998 and in three hours, PorscheList had nearly 5000 subscribers to the various discussion lists. Since then – PorscheList evolved into Rennlist – and well, “the rest is history” as they say… So how was I introduced to “Rennlist”? I have no clue - except to know that out of that original 6 of us, all the rest of the "Founders" have pretty much moved on. Yea - I'm still here

Quick Reply: Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!