Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The (very long) story of my AMW rebuild experience.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 06:54 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danno - I am pretty sure they use tungsten in the movies, because it is so cheap.

Iridium?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:54 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jim (special tool) I think we get the point Never seen that many posts in a roe before...

Later!
Erich
Old 03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
special tool
Banned

Erich - what are you talking about??? Have you been hitting the laughing gas at dental school again???

Old 03-04-2004, 06:59 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

WHAT THE???? I know i saw like 10 posts in a roe from you! I have all the emails to prove it
Old 03-04-2004, 07:09 PM
special tool
Banned

Erich - as in Roe vs. Wade???
Old 03-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally posted by Robby
Hell, that's about only HALF of it- he was ALSO using some of the stuff I've been referring too when speaking of using various postal scales- more than likely a mixture of the more expensive "letters" AND some of the more socially acceptable kind, PLUS, a few things that never really needed to be weighed anyway, although some of hte Grateful Dead types who helped in the making of them might have used certain TECHNICAL scales (like TB) to weigh the things they used to make it WITH- let's see, IIRC, one of the ones I'm speaking of would be: C20 H22 N3 O

Anyone?
BTDT.

Even though we have already strayed WAY off the topic of this thread......How old are you Robby? Just curious. And no I am not going to guess! I may have partied with you (or at least should have), you know a whole lot more about some things than you are making obvious.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

oops! must have been a flashback................................
Old 03-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

I'M FREAKING OUT MAN... WHY DO THEY KEEP COMING BACK......................
Old 03-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chris Prack
BTDT.

Even though we have already strayed WAY off the topic of this thread......How old are you Robby? Just curious. And no I am not going to guess! I may have partied with you (or at least should have), you know a whole lot more about some things than you are making obvious.
LEt's just say I'm ABOUT 30 & leave it at that... I usually say ALMOST 30, which is TRUE, since technically, ALMOST can be slightly OVER OR UNDER... I never really partied in the Virginia area- they're a little conservative about a lot of things I got into Hell, they're even conservative w/their TYPES of REHAB actually- can you guess what I'm talking about HERE? Hell, any state that's scared of RADAR detectors...

I remember when I was in middle school- mid 80's- I was skateboarding- we built a halfpipe in my backyard- one of only a couple full-size ones in this city- it was a little over 10ft high w/a full foot of vert, 9ft tranny's, 16ft wide, etc- wish I could go back & do it over- would make it even better, but... I remember MT Trashmore & the other one in Va Beach- a response from the community b/c they had outlawed skateboarding(!)- pretty silly, but, all the sudden, VA Beach went from one of the worst places for skating to one of the best- pretty wierd place- I understand they're REALLY strict on speeding too in some of those areas- I BOUGHT my Turbos
S on October 13 1999- the same morning the 6 billionth baby was featured in the paper- from a guy named Allison Morison- flew into Norfolk airport- might have been the other one- _____News or something? Saw a red 951 & talked to the guy- was picking up a friend- we talked cars for a minute, since I had come up there to BUY a 951 & he revved it up while leaving.... I then raced back to Knoxville on the 13th w/a bunch of cars- through Richmond w/a tricked out Accord- he was slicing it up hard as he knew the area (& the car I assume) I kept waiting for openings & several seconds later would be right on top of him at 130 or so- somehow(?), I missed my turn to get toward Bristol- I don't know how many people know this, but the MAPQUEST directions say (or DID) to keep going North & there's a distance posted for when you're supposed to merge, etc- IT JUST SO HAPPENS, that that distance, is about the same to the outskirts of DC YES, I DID...all of the sudden, I'm noticing a ton of Baltimore plates & I realize "OH ****!" But, I made the rest of the trip at an avg of >95- all the way down- I'd been to DC & Baltimore before, so I knew I wouldn't screw that up- played w/a few other cars & the ONLY one that surprised me- right before getting into TN- there was a strange looking car- SORT of like a 3rd Gen RX7- but not- he was MOVING- two guys- came out of nowhere- it was drizzling in some areas & we would go through slightly wet to completely dry occasionally- I kept up w/him for ~30 min, but, would keep letting him get pretty far out front as I didn't want trouble, nor, did I want him to think I was egging him into a race & then have something bad happen- I kept the #'s down in the wet patches & sped back up in the dry- it was ~2:00AM- we topped close to 150 at several points & I finally let him get so far ahead that I didn't see him anymore & slowed back down... it was a fun trip- of course, I often wish I had brought back a different car.... I bought it for $9K w/125K on it- I've got another $16K PLUS in it in the last 4.5yrs- so, >$25K! & I STILL have at LEAST another $15K to make it really cool... it REALLY hurts sometimes...

Speaking of partying, my first few freshmen years at UT, I partied w/a few guys from WEST VA- some of the craziest guys I've ever known- we did some pretty messed up things- I'd say some cops are STILL looking for us for some of them...
Old 03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by special tool
Erich - as in Roe vs. Wade???
Further OT - Dang philosophy class on abortion has my spelling all messed up! Obviously i meant row, so whats up with the multiple postings going on?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ErichCS
so whats up with the multiple postings going on?
If you're talking about DBL posts, etc, then I would like to know too- I just had a TRIPLE in another thread...
Old 03-04-2004, 09:09 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Yea, i just had another one...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

That was the reason for my little rant. I had four up on this thread and everytime I would delete one, two more would show up.

I thought it was just me............
Old 03-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can delete them, just use the editor and look top left.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Tried that and they still came back.

Quick Reply: The (very long) story of my AMW rebuild experience.