Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, Brad @ AA, Listen up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have used these guys. In fact I have, for years. Their turnaround is 1-2 days... and there is no middle man who is only collecting a cut for inefficiently handling your order.

http://injector.com/injector_service.html
Old 04-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm gonna loose my Drama Queen tittle, aren't I?
Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
I'm gonna loose my Drama Queen tittle, aren't I?
Not if this thread is causing an itchy rash...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotten Robby
Not if this thread is causing an itchy rash...
I think that I got one of those from my 914...
Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

Can I ask a stupid question here? and I may be completely off base here so if I am, tell me...but why was all the communication here done on Rennlist? Seriously? What ever happened to picking up the phone, or emailing someone directly?

I know AA has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the past, and Brad I think is trying to make things right (though I still disagree with him that the new ALMS broadcast package is a good thing...I've yet to be able to watch a race), but getting impatient because he does not post a reply on Rennlist is a bit excessive. Think about it....Rennlist is NOT the only forum for 914's. In fact, IMO, it's the LAST place I go for 914 info - 914world and 914Club (owned by AA, btw) would be a much better use of Brad's time. AND...if he's on forums all day, HOW THE HECK DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO GET ANYTHING DONE FOR YOU!!!

... Just my $0.02

PS. I've ordered a decent amount from AA, either directly or through my mechanic, and always gotten what I wanted, on time. Price is sometimes a bit high, but it's my choice to pay it...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Criticism of AA happened in a public forum, so my attempt to do business using that forum, rather than a more traditional form of communication, was to give AA a chance to show their true colors. Brad seemed to be OK with that, so we conducted a little bit of business in front of everyone.

Bob, your comments are noted. It all comes down to communication. I ran one of the busiest P-car independent repair shops in the country, often booked two weeks in advance, and I can't remember failing to return a call from a customer the same day that the customer called - in 25 years.

The whole point of this discussion is that we the customer only want to know "how much, and when." If the work load is too much for Brad, it's Brad's responsibility to inform us and refer us to a more efficient form of communication. Regarding info; all forums/sites are loaded with guessers, but this site is a friendly place that has offered up great referrals, who, in turn, provided first class help. That's good enough for me.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

My only comment is that Romanowski appears to be overdue for a kick in the nuts.

Just sayin'...
Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
My only comment is that Romanowski appears to be overdue for a kick in the nuts.

Just sayin'...
I thought kickin the nuts was against the law for Californians? Makes people get hurty feelings.

Just askin'....
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Peter,
I gotcha, and thank you for the clarification on your noble intention.

The problems I've seen in the past about conducting business in a public forum is that the two people conducting that business may be on the same page and OK with what is transpiring, but the rest of the peanut gallery feels the need to jump in voice thier 'uninformed' opinion. If one or both parties involved don't have time to respond immediately to set things straight, stuff goes out on a tangent like wildfire and gets out of hand quickly.

Perfect example: I posted and sold a set of aftermarket Fuchs to a guy on a forum that he mistakenly thought were originals. He paid, I shipped, and when he got them, instead of calling me or emailing me directly about the misunderstanding, he immediately posted his 'horror' on the forum and demanded I make things right. Well...I had just left for vacation for a week, with no access to emails (pre-smartphone era). When I got back, a friend of mine directed me to the thread, that had now spanned 10 pages ripping me up and down about my non-responsiveness, how I was screwing this guy, never to buy from my business (I owned Exclusive Motors at the time), etc.

I made it right with the buyer, but the damage was done and it took me a long time to not have that thread referred to every time I went to sell something.

Making things public, no mater how good the intention, can backfire sometimes...

Anyway, enough of that. I'm glad things worked out
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad everyone is all touchy feely now.

Pete - I found your injectors, and they obviously checked out. I have told the accountant to credit you for the core return and you should see it on your card in the next couple of days.

Naro- Regardless of your opinion on the ALMS broadcasts, I still think you are a decent guy... (BTW, you can catch both races thus far at this link http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=video) Also, if you ever see anything that you think is too expensive, give me a call. We price match with any of our competitors advertised prices as long as it's the same brand.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:21 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

sorry to go off topic, but I know I can watch the races WAY AFTER THE FACT on ALMS.com...again, on my 15" computer screen, NOT on my 60" HDTV.

Sorry, they lost me and many, many others as long as they continue broadcasting only on the internet...
Old 04-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Brad, I sent you an e-mail, but haven't yet been updated regarding billing (injectors). Has my CC been charged for them yet? I know that you mentioned core receipt/approval, but you didn't invoice me for the original charge. Let me know! Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I thought kickin the nuts was against the law for Californians? Makes people get hurty feelings.

Just askin'....
Matt's wife has his nuts in a jar. Good luck finding them!

Play nice Randy!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Matt's wife has his nuts in a jar. Good luck finding them!

Play nice Randy!
Oh, no! The kids thought those were Easter eggs, and...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Brad, I sent you an e-mail, but haven't yet been updated regarding billing (injectors). Has my CC been charged for them yet? I know that you mentioned core receipt/approval, but you didn't invoice me for the original charge. Let me know! Thanks.
Hey Pete. I just left the accountant's office. She credited you the 150 dollars for the cores today. Should only be a day or so to clear your bank.

Thanks again,

Brad

Quick Reply: OK, Brad @ AA, Listen up!