Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, Brad @ AA, Listen up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Rec'd a tracking number via e-mail, and I look forward to receiving both packages tomorrow (Friday). Fingers crossed that everything will be correct!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a tech/manager/forman at a small indie shop for years. We had an account with you guys and slowly, we just quit calling for reasons not important. Oklahoma, DC, and Stuttgart(in NC) was our resultant choice.
Word on the street was/is that George is an eccentric of sorts though I never met him. It was hinted that he was the obstruction in the system. The AWESOME catalogs you had became muddled, customer service fell off, and we had to look elseware.
Parts are a neccasary evil in the Porsche world. You're going to have to meet each customer and "disarm" them in order to earn their trust...at least where the internet is concerned. IDK, you may have a booming business at the counter. Put yourself out there, have a stern talk with George(I'll send him a glaring email for you) and get the right part to the customer on time...pull it yourself.
Best of luck.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

It's amazing what a small dose of communication can accomplish, and how hard that small dose is to understand for some people.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter, I'll add execution. Communication IS key...no shame in the truth. However, telling someone you'll do something begs action.
I dropped the ball on a customer one time, backed up on parts. He wasn't pissed when he had to call me for an update, but he had to call me. I made a few presumption I shouldn't have.
His reply was an analogy he had experianced in BIG business.
Basically he said that you can do whatever you want to do to people. You can tell them you are going to take every dime they have, you can tell them you're going to change their life over a period of a year, or whatever. But you have to do it. He concluded by saying that people will let you do what your going to do if you simply tell them your going to do it. Simple implicit communication with follow thru. Just tell me whats going to happen without excuses and make sure it happens; paople become clay in your hands.
I hope you get your parts as perscribed and your project completed without compramise.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

I learned early on that if I wanted to get a doctor or a lawyer on the phone, I had to tell the secretary that I was calling about "the Porsche." Once I had them on the phone I better damn well be to the point with the estimate and completion time - nothing else mattered. Communication + execution = long-term client. That was the case many times, all that my client wanted to know is how much and when. Now I'm the client, all that I want to know is how much and when.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

True words spoken by smart men in the business. I run my operation by the "underpromise and overdeliver" motto. I try to never put myself in a position where I can't keep my word to a customer. If I say I'll do it, I do everything in my power to make that the truth.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoAtlanta
Eh, I have a thick skin. I have been here for nearly two years, I am used to it by now. Porsche owners can be real ******...

I have a rule that I live by called the 40/60 rule. "20% of people will hate you no matter what you do. 20% of people will love you no matter what you do. It's the 60% of people who are indifferent that you have to worry about."
Your response to comments about your company's poor customer service is that your chosen clientele can be real ******? Wow.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burma Shave
Your response to comments about your company's poor customer service is that your chosen clientele can be real ******? Wow.
That was a joke. Seriously???

The comment was in response to Whalebird saying
Tough crowd here Brad.
Calm down. Drink a chamomile tea...sounds like you need it.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

So did the items show up? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Just got the FedEx delivery, box was perfect, so are the parts. Now I've got to check the UPS tracking number to see if the injectors will be delivered today...

EDIT; UPS says "Monday the 18th by the end of the day." The package spent the night in Oakland, CA...

Well, I can install the manifolds this weekend, and put the injectors in early next week.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

I am glad you got your package from Atlanta. Sucks that the package from California took so long. Sorry man!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have to chime in here. I've been a 914 lurker for some time and Matt Romanowski is quite a complainer. You have had nothing but nasty things to say about AA. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, you just seem to enjoy rubbing salt in wounds. Give them a break already, jeeeeez.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

It's okay man, I know AA has not been on the top of the "Customer Service" heap in the past. We are working every day to change that and make our customers as happy as possible. You can't win them all, and sometimes when you lose, you lose them permanently. I regret that Matt had a bad experience, but if you get bitten by a dog, you certainly aren't going to try petting it again any time soon.

Thanks for sticking up for us, though, we need more customers like you!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by 4re308
I have to chime in here. I've been a 914 lurker for some time and Matt Romanowski is quite a complainer. You have had nothing but nasty things to say about AA. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, you just seem to enjoy rubbing salt in wounds. Give them a break already, jeeeeez.
Did you read why I complain about AA? What would you do if you traveled from NH to FL, based on their word that a 914 was perfect after their restoration, to find a car that was hacked together with drywall screws and a nasty rod knock in the motor?

I would like to know if you've seen me complain about other stuff? If only AA, then your right. That wound was opened in about 2000, I've rubbed salt in it for 11 years, and I'll keep it going for at least 11 more years.

Originally Posted by AutoAtlanta
It's okay man, I know AA has not been on the top of the "Customer Service" heap in the past. We are working every day to change that and make our customers as happy as possible. You can't win them all, and sometimes when you lose, you lose them permanently. I regret that Matt had a bad experience, but if you get bitten by a dog, you certainly aren't going to try petting it again any time soon.

Thanks for sticking up for us, though, we need more customers like you!
I got bit by George. I've seen 2 other people do the same job as you and it's ended the same way both times.

If you'd like to hear the whole story, I'm more than happy to share.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4re308

I agree! We should BAN this Romanowski punk!

Seriously, I think you need to get all your facts about Matt before your call him a "complainer". You don't know anything about him or what an outstanding person he is. Calling a person of his character a "complainer" is actually funny to me since I have known him since I was 5 years old!

OK, back on topic! Peter, I am glad the part came. Post pictures!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: OK, Brad @ AA, Listen up!