Orange T

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 06:32 PM
993anorak
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brillllllllant post !
Many thanks.
Your ORANGE T is amazing. I love your search of details.

No too keen on the cookies wheels...
I subscribe
Old 01-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Absolutely sick!!!

Thank YOU
Old 01-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Just had a fantastic weekend at the NZ Motor racing Festival. This year Porsche was the featured marque so a big presence of P cars there. 400+ lined up on the track for a NZ record - and many Porsche racing classes. The factory sent over a '77 935 and a 1998 LMP WSC1 for demonstration laps by Earl Bamber and Brendon Hartley. But my favourite as always was Ernie Nagamatsu's Speedster.
The T did OK but the hot track conditions and 231BHP really tested the skinny rear tyres.
Attached Images     
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Maxem
Drifting

There is me, second row, second orange car with door open working frantically to solve a hot start problem before 400 Porsches are flagged away for the demo laps...it fired up at the last minute. Last year when Ferrari was the featured marque, a few were left on the grid, but no Porsches of course suffered that fate, and luckily not the freshly built Orange T!
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2016, 09:26 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Attached Images    
Old 01-18-2016, 03:22 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great on the track Dave. Looking forward to getting out there this weekend. Hopeful see you there.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Amazing photo,s as always .........just love it well done
Old 01-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Lowbridge
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

38 pages of pure joy.. wow what a fantastic job
Old 01-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave did you see the bit in the latest Spiel? "...as well as a 1970 911T which had had a nice restoration and sold for AUD 204,900 including buyer's premium".
Old 01-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Yes I did. Dean's car? Very nice, saw it at the xmas picnic and it is stunning. Mental note to never park mine next to his. Although they do have a different end use of course. He has gone back to work on it for the concourse coming up. I don't think Dean would have enjoyed attacking the fresh paint with bugs, rubber and stones as befell the T last weekend at the track. Bit of a mess really and sad to see the stone chips but that's what I built it for.

AU$200+k is quite a bit for a T. I see the T hotrod in Chch is still on offer at $NZ175k so it shows that us Kiwi's are still a bit tight when it comes to getting out the wallet for the oldies.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:34 PM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Seats update; happy....but....run out of big pieces of embossed leather. Stamped one whole hide but this has been insufficient.
So I have to say that parts of the seat faces are somewhat temporary. The guys had to sew a few smaller panels in. I can live with the seam at the top of the backrest instead of the regular double stich, but the back of the base with a seam is not right and will be changed. It is velcro'd to the seat shell as in the original race seat squabs so no big deal to do later.
Have no choice but to run with that until I can get a bit more leather stamped.
Maxem,
Any guesses as to how many square meters of leather you used? And the car looks amazing!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:30 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 48 Posts

That looks amazing. Love the wheels!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by carsandcapp
Maxem,
Any guesses as to how many square meters of leather you used? And the car looks amazing!
It was 10 square meters, plus an extra meter that I managed to secure when the original lot ran out. I did a quick measure first and came up with it needing about 6 or 7 so I'm not sure why they needed so much. There are very few offcuts of any decent size left.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:17 AM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks Maxem. Your car is very much in line with what I have in mind for my current project and please don't be offended, but I will be using your car as inspiration. Mine is a '77 S coupe that has been backdated, flared, sunroof-delete with an 3.2 motor as well. I am doing about 20% of the bodywork - mostly prep work - with the rest completed by a long time Porsche/VW body guy. I am building it as a lightweight GT car with a hint of track-readiness. ; )

I've done only a mediocre job of documenting it here.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-hot-rod.html

I'd recently settled on Signal Orange as the color and I knew I wanted oatmeal carpet too. After first seeing your interior recently on the PP forums and going through this thread here, I honestly wonder if I have been subconsciously using it as an ideal. Or maybe we just have very similar tastes?

Now I am curious. I've yet to see a picture, but are your pedal boards powder-coated black or still raw aluminum?
Old 01-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by carsandcapp
Thanks Maxem. Your car is very much in line with what I have in mind for my current project and please don't be offended, but I will be using your car as inspiration. Mine is a '77 S coupe that has been backdated, flared, sunroof-delete with an 3.2 motor as well. I am doing about 20% of the bodywork - mostly prep work - with the rest completed by a long time Porsche/VW body guy. I am building it as a lightweight GT car with a hint of track-readiness. ; )

I've done only a mediocre job of documenting it here.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-hot-rod.html

I'd recently settled on Signal Orange as the color and I knew I wanted oatmeal carpet too. After first seeing your interior recently on the PP forums and going through this thread here, I honestly wonder if I have been subconsciously using it as an ideal. Or maybe we just have very similar tastes?

Now I am curious. I've yet to see a picture, but are your pedal boards powder-coated black or still raw aluminum?
By all means, can't wait to see it evolve.
I had planned to do something with the pedal boards. I was going to have my own set laser cut and anodised and have them sit out front of the carpet but time pressure and not being there when the trim shop were on the job made it a bit hard to explain what I really wanted the carpet to do behind the boards. So I just let them go for it. The current pedal board is an aluminium version under the carpet and just raw finish. The passengers side is the wooden version. Over time I might do the new ones as planned and have them on show.

Quick Reply: Orange T