Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A bit of an update

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
Do they have a Ruf sport 1 in 2 out muffler with valance?
Me???
Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL I was just wondering out loud. Man, that plating is BRIGHT!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

1000 watts right over my sholder. Not really that bright.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by amber lamps
I just can't wipe the smile off my face.

Can sure think of several projects I'm going to go back and re-do now that I've got access to the goldmine.
Wait! They had all those parts like that or are those yours reconditioned??
Old 02-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Wait! They had all those parts like that or are those yours reconditioned??
It can be done either way. The only parts they haven't had ready to go were 108mm hose clamps in the width I needed so they subbed in wider one and sent mine out to plating.

What I have been doing is pulling parts off, walking into their shop, plopping parts down on the counter, going in the warehouse with Mike or Brian and riffling through bins filled with finished parts. (They literally have tens of thousands of nuts, bolts, brackets, brake backer plates, oil lines, etc.) Then we take them back to the office and Brian give me a price that just seems to good to be true. He always tells me he is only charging me for the weight of the zinc. As long as I bring in a part that he can turn around and send off to plating we are good. So far I've only had one item that was obviously not going to survive plating.

I'm sure if I wasn't the one doing the work the parts would be a bit more, and I have purchased several items outright.

They have an entire section upstairs that is new stock that they use Porsche part numbers with a website to order from like any other online retailer. I've used it a couple times and got my parts right away.

What they mostly do is service and restoration work. The Mechanic that lets me look over his shoulder is Jeff. I'm telling you, it's been a gold mine.

My guess is that they are very well known within the industry as a source for hard to find parts and are the go-to guys for small batches of yellow and white zinced parts..
Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It can be done either way. The only parts they haven't had ready to go were 108mm hose clamps in the width I needed so they subbed in wider one and sent mine out to plating.

What I have been doing is pulling parts off, walking into their shop, plopping parts down on the counter, going in the warehouse with Mike or Brian and riffling through bins filled with finished parts. (They literally have tens of thousands of nuts, bolts, brackets, brake backer plates, oil lines, etc.) Then we take them back to the office and Brian give me a price that just seems to good to be true. He always tells me he is only charging me for the weight of the zinc. As long as I bring in a part that he can turn around and send off to plating we are good. So far I've only had one item that was obviously not going to survive plating.

I'm sure if I wasn't the one doing the work the parts would be a bit more, and I have purchased several items outright.

They have an entire section upstairs that is new stock that they use Porsche part numbers with a website to order from like any other online retailer. I've used it a couple times and got my parts right away.

What they mostly do is service and restoration work. The Mechanic that lets me look over his shoulder is Jeff. I'm telling you, it's been a gold mine.

My guess is that they are very well known within the industry as a source for hard to find parts and are the go-to guys for small batches of yellow and white zinced parts..
I need a place like that for the work that I am doing on the 912!!

Is the website internal to them or external where customers can order stuff from? I might have missed the company name, share it!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Is the website internal to them or external where customers can order stuff from? I might have missed the company name, share it!
www.einmalig.com

or

http://www.einmaligparts.com/

It's all there. and dude, they have a green 912 that would leave you breathless.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Man, I'm envious too. In my giddiness over this great find, I emailed Einmalig with a list of needs and a 'how do they want to work this?' question, said I'd heard of them here. Nothing. No reply.

Oh well, super glad they're serving some needs. The stuff looks great.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Adams
Man, I'm envious too. In my giddiness over this great find, I emailed Einmalig with a list of needs and a 'how do they want to work this?' question, said I'd heard of them here. Nothing. No reply.

Oh well, super glad they're serving some needs. The stuff looks great.
I had the same issue at first. Brian runs around doing too many things at once. One of the main guys there is going in for dialysis a couple times a week and looks half dead when he is there. Give him a chance to catch up. When I'm there it's always go go go and on to the next thing.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 AM
JQ911
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just can't wipe the smile off my face.

Can sure think of several projects I'm going to go back and re-do now that I've got access to the goldmine.
Dang!!!! Those goodies look great. No wonder your so hyped up with your project.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

OK, so 24" may be a bit low.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Get that baby finished! Do you need motivation?

I now have 130 miles on my new clutch/R&R project. It was a textbook day in San Diego for a drive down to the boat to see if she still floats.....
Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

Look at that view....
Old 02-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Wow, went a full 90* and she is perfect. Now at 24-7/8" at the rear arch. OK, so that's a tad low, but I'll take it.

Next order of business is thanking Russell, Ed, Steve, and Dr Pete for all the help, encouragement, and tolerating all the technical inquiries I have been making well into the night as of late.

Next is to set the camber and toe.

The wind is blowing just right letting me hear the NHRA Winter Nationals in 5 second bursts.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Doug-PM me your email addy, and I'll send you the home alignment guide....

Quick Reply: A bit of an update