Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Accessport for GTS 4.0/GT4/Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022 | 11:55 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
is this now available in the UK also ?
No tune for you!
Old 11-30-2022 | 05:36 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by voods
Hi, few questions,

1) Can this delete o2 CEL when using headers?
2) Can dealers detect and flag your car immediately after plugging in to dealer software, like they do at bmw these days?
3) Will these work on non-USDM ECUs?
We do not allow for suppression of emissions related codes with our software. That's a big legal no no for us here.
As for the detectability of the Accessport, a dealership could detect the software if you take it to the dealership with the Accessport still installed. However, you can uninstall the Accessport from the car just as easily as it installs which will completely remove our software before your dealer visit. When you get home, reinstall the Accessport and you're ready to go! The dealership won't be able to view in-depth history on the ECU showing a calibration change but they can see things such as key cycles since the last ECU reset. The ECU also resets when the battery is disconnected for a few minutes so it's not really a smoking gun. With that said, we do encourage you to chat with your service advisor about their feelings on a tune. Porsche dealerships have been some of the best in the industry about being happy with modifications/tuning while under warranty. These cars don't break easily and they know a conservative tune isn't going to harm it. We even have a few Authorized COBB Tuning Dealers who also happen to be Porsche dealerships who sell Accessports to new owners under warranty.
We don't currently advertise support for the non-USDM cars as we don't have enough data regarding how the cars react when they have monitored GPF systems (which we don't have here). However, we've done some soak testing outside the states and everything looks good thus far. If you're interested in doing some light soaking for us, send our customer service team an email and let us know!

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
is this now available in the UK also ?
See above!

- Andrew

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 11-30-2022 | 05:44 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Why has Cobb chosen to not integrate exhaust valve control in their tune as a standard option like Softronic? Doesn’t seem like an emissions thing.

Last edited by mc3456; 11-30-2022 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2022 | 06:48 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mc3456
Why has Cobb chosen to not integrate exhaust valve control in their tune as a standard option like Softronic? Doesn’t seem like an emissions thing.
Noise regulations falls under 'emissions'
Old 11-30-2022 | 07:35 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Noise regulations falls under 'emissions'
Opening the valves does not increase decibels. . . it simply allows access to more decibels at lower RPMs than would be heard with valves closed.

For whatever reason, COBB simply did not want to get involved in valve control . . . but it has nothing to do with violating any noise control issues. Personally, I think a big mistake on their part to dump this into the hands of third-party 'pro-tuners.'

Then again, it seems that is their stock response for anything above and beyond what their OTS (stage 1) tune has to offer. "Buy our AP and get a basic tune." After that, you are on your own with third party 'pro-tuners.'

Avera
Old 11-30-2022 | 08:59 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Avera

For whatever reason, COBB simply did not want to get involved in valve control . . . but it has nothing to do with violating any noise control issues. Personally, I think a big mistake on their part to dump this into the hands of third-party 'pro-tuners.
Then again, it seems that is their stock response for anything above and beyond what their OTS (stage 1) tune has to offer. "Buy our AP and get a basic tune." After that, you are on your own with third party 'pro-tuners.'

Avera
I think it's a "big mistake" on your part to suggest that you have any knowledge of their motivation for not meeting your needs.
Rather than knocking a board sponsor on their own thread, why not go back on the other thread where you can sing the praises of your chosen tuner?
The following users liked this post:
Clark_Kent (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022 | 09:08 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
I think it's a "big mistake" on your part to suggest that you have any knowledge of their motivation for not meeting your needs.
Rather than knocking a board sponsor on their own thread, why not go back on the other thread where you can sing the praises of your chosen tuner?
You are free to express you opinion, of course . . . and my opinion does not hinge on sponsorship. My views are not bought.

If the 'sponsor' does not want others to express opinions on their products, then they are in the wrong platform . . . it is a car forum, not a cult.

Also, for the record, perfectly fine if you do not agree with my expressed views . . . but you will get NOWHERE is trying to suppress them.

Avera
Old 11-30-2022 | 09:35 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
We do not allow for suppression of emissions related codes with our software. That's a big legal no no for us here.
As for the detectability of the Accessport, a dealership could detect the software if you take it to the dealership with the Accessport still installed. However, you can uninstall the Accessport from the car just as easily as it installs which will completely remove our software before your dealer visit. When you get home, reinstall the Accessport and you're ready to go! The dealership won't be able to view in-depth history on the ECU showing a calibration change but they can see things such as key cycles since the last ECU reset. The ECU also resets when the battery is disconnected for a few minutes so it's not really a smoking gun. With that said, we do encourage you to chat with your service advisor about their feelings on a tune. Porsche dealerships have been some of the best in the industry about being happy with modifications/tuning while under warranty. These cars don't break easily and they know a conservative tune isn't going to harm it. We even have a few Authorized COBB Tuning Dealers who also happen to be Porsche dealerships who sell Accessports to new owners under warranty.
We don't currently advertise support for the non-USDM cars as we don't have enough data regarding how the cars react when they have monitored GPF systems (which we don't have here). However, we've done some soak testing outside the states and everything looks good thus far. If you're interested in doing some light soaking for us, send our customer service team an email and let us know!

See above!

- Andrew
Are you able to provide a link to these dealers?
Old 11-30-2022 | 11:23 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Avera
Also, for the record, perfectly fine if you do not agree with my expressed views . . . but you will get NOWHERE is trying to suppress them.

Avera
How comical, you feel like I'm trying to suppress your opinions.
I'm not, I'm trying to urge you to have a modicum of decorum and class when dealing with people who are sponsoring the forum.
If that seems like too big an ask, well okay then.
Old 12-01-2022 | 12:36 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

My 2c, Lucky we have a choice of great 3 tuners. Each have pros & cons. Pick best for your requirements. If AP isn't fitting your needs, then choose another etc. I'm sure AP with ProTuner will fit most needs though.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoadrunnerGTS:
85Gold (12-01-2022), Clark_Kent (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022 | 09:12 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

My 2c, Lucky we have a choice of great 3 tuners. Each have pros & cons. Pick best for your requirements. If AP isn't fitting your needs, then choose another etc. I'm sure AP with ProTuner will fit most needs though.
While I wouldn’t mind the option to open up the taps all the time, this is a great option if you otherwise want to remain stock other than the performance parameters.

Would be nice to give as an option or alternate tune file though.
Old 12-01-2022 | 01:44 PM
voods
Intermediate

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning

See above!

- Andrew
Mine has unmonitored secondary cats, which I've removed with akra link pipes. I've already emailed support and they confirmed it should work on my ECU and placed the order.
My car lives on the track, so will be doing some soaking soon and my ambient temps aren't low.
Old 12-01-2022 | 01:55 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

+1. Marketplace competition. Select the product or services that suits your needs. There's no need to rail against an outfit because their product or service doesn't fit your needs or your idea of what the market wants.
Old 12-02-2022 | 10:14 AM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Originally Posted by c1pher
Are you able to provide a link to these dealers?
I think they have a list of dealers on their website, which should include Porsche dealerships.
Old 12-02-2022 | 01:16 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
I think they have a list of dealers on their website, which should include Porsche dealerships.
Thanks, I just did that, and not as many as I hoped I'd find but there are a few.

Quick Reply: Accessport for GTS 4.0/GT4/Spyder