Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 12:21 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter_
Well crap. In rushing to figure out what to change I hadn’t connected that the standard was racing yellow stitch NOT speed yellow. They never say racing yellow in the configuration.

I haven’t been able to find many pictures of speed yellow stitching, but the ones I’ve found look quite orange - more so than say speed yellow calipers. Anyone seen speed yellow in person and can comment?
No pictures; yet the Porsche Canada rep recommended against the different shades combined on the interior as they don’t match…who knows how much it really matters? He said go black pulls/belts if standard yellow stitch.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:07 AM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you all for piping in here. Several of you mentioned that this is a stop order, not a stop sale which is of course correct! This is a stop order of the black/yellow stitch option (#58) on the Spyder and GT4.
Fortunately, I have learned that it can still be specified via extended deviated stitching. So hurray for an extra $1,200 and up to 4 week delay.
I will cut the leather steering column (don't want to pay more for deviated stitch there), center wheel crest (aftermarket later), and fuel cap to help soak that up.

I think the yellow belts should stay. I don't think they'll be too much.
My understanding is that extended stitching doesn't actually add anything aside from other color choices. Does that sound right?http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDP4QG1
Is this effecting GT4 RS's too?
Old 06-30-2022, 01:29 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Speed Yellow is the color of the PCCBs and stitching. I have a Racing Spyder with Extended Deviated Yellow stitching and the only place it is really noticeable is on the seat logos but I like it overall and would do it again. Here is a picture of the 2 Yellows: Speed on the left and Racing on the right:

I was under the impression that the PCCB calipers were Racing yellow? They defiantly have a more “mustard” hue than speed yellow. I painted my calipers Speed Yellow and it is definitely different from the PCCBs…although not by much.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:00 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Originally Posted by Mavzyx
Is this effecting GT4 RS's too?
Yes, I had to remove it from my 4RS.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:23 AM
Matthew Kidd
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 16 Posts

Any clear response yet as to why it’s now unavailable?
Old 06-30-2022, 09:26 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Originally Posted by Matthew Kidd
Any clear response yet as to why it’s now unavailable?

They told me the dye supplier.
The following users liked this post:
Matthew Kidd (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 11:05 AM
dan2301
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have also been told in the UK I cannot get race-tex interior with yellow stitching for my GT4 and now shows no longer available on the UK configurator. I was going for PTS Brewster green and thought the yellow stitching would look great and now I torn between sticking with the silver/crayon stitching or going for the speed yellow with deviated Porsche exclusive stitching option but this will mean i can't go for racing yellow seat belts or yellow marker on steering wheel as the colours won't match. The door pulls also won't come in speed yellow.

I wondered at first if it was a glitch on the configurator and maybe just an error from Porsche but since seeing this thread I am not so sure now.

Last edited by dan2301; 06-30-2022 at 11:20 AM. Reason: porsche configurator changed
Old 06-30-2022, 11:28 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Originally Posted by dan2301
I have also been told in the UK I cannot get race-tex interior with yellow stitching for my GT4 and now shows no longer available on the UK configurator. I was going for PTS Brewster green and thought the yellow stitching would look great and now I torn between sticking with the silver/crayon stitching or going for the speed yellow with deviated Porsche exclusive stitching option but this will mean i can't go for racing yellow seat belts or yellow marker on steering wheel as the colours won't match. The door pulls also won't come in speed yellow.

I wondered at first if it was a glitch on the configurator and maybe just an error from Porsche but since seeing this thread I am not so sure now.

no glitch, my 4RS is (supposedly) about to start production and Porsche Canada gave us 48 hours for a new interior stitch.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:39 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 549 Posts

Order silver and use this.

Seriously, I would be extremely bummed if I have it all set in my head to get yellow stitching as the accent interior color. I think it takes away the joy of custom ordering a car exactly to your spec. Feel for you guys.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,430 Likes on 2,346 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I was under the impression that the PCCB calipers were Racing yellow? They defiantly have a more “mustard” hue than speed yellow. I painted my calipers Speed Yellow and it is definitely different from the PCCBs…although not by much.
Porsche has painted their PCCBs "Speed" yellow since they were first introduced, until recently when Black was made an option.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:50 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
Order silver and use this.

Seriously, I would be extremely bummed if I have it all set in my head to get yellow stitching as the accent interior color. I think it takes away the joy of custom ordering a car exactly to your spec. Feel for you guys.
A Yellow paint pen, which is available at most craft/hobby shops, is a better idea and will work fine - many have used this method over the years with great success, as long as one starts with a light color thread and desires a dark color.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:08 PM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

My 4RS got pushed to 11/11. It seems to be for the deviated yellow stitching. I'm going to figure out if I remove if it will push the car back to my original dealer arrival (9/30.)
Old 06-30-2022, 10:10 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mavzyx
My 4RS got pushed to 11/11. It seems to be for the deviated yellow stitching. I'm going to figure out if I remove if it will push the car back to my original dealer arrival (9/30.)
It will not matter - once it has been moved out it cannot go back, and will most likely move further out.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:19 PM
Walter_
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I have decided to drop my allocation for now. I suspect the dealer has already contacted others on the list, but if you're looking for a Spyder and don't mind a healthy ADM, give Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas a call.

I look forward to seeing more pictures of Speed Yellow stitching as people start receiving cars with that option.

The DIY stitching color change is commendable, but not my first choice on a six figure car. I lean more towards keeping things stock from the factory, but I love seeing what people do!
Old 06-30-2022, 10:38 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I have decided to drop my allocation for now. I suspect the dealer has already contacted others on the list, but if you're looking for a Spyder and don't mind a healthy ADM, give Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas a call.

I look forward to seeing more pictures of Speed Yellow stitching as people start receiving cars with that option.

The DIY stitching color change is commendable, but not my first choice on a six figure car. I lean more towards keeping things stock from the factory, but I love seeing what people do!

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching