Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:02 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,249 Likes on 700 Posts

I'm so torn on doing deviated stitching for my build. It will add another 3-ish grand to the car but at this point its a 123k build so what's another 3k? I was thinking about doing Mamba green or Lizard green stitching as the car will be Python Green and I have Lizard Green seatbelts. I also know this would push my delivery to next year. Right now my delivery is scheduled for December and the build locks in 27 days.

Back on topic though, def go for the yellow if you can. I think it will really make the interior pop in your Spyder.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:35 PM
Walter_
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I'm so torn on doing deviated stitching for my build. It will add another 3-ish grand to the car but at this point its a 123k build so what's another 3k? I was thinking about doing Mamba green or Lizard green stitching as the car will be Python Green and I have Lizard Green seatbelts. I also know this would push my delivery to next year. Right now my delivery is scheduled for December and the build locks in 27 days.
Go for it! I love the simple interior, but think it does need a little pop of color. Are you at MSRP or is there an ADM? If there wasn't an ADM this all wouldn't feel quite so bad, but suddenly every dollar hurts more when you have to pay extra $25,000.

Back on topic though, def go for the yellow if you can. I think it will really make the interior pop in your Spyder.
You mean on the belts?
The following users liked this post:
Jlp429 (07-25-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 05:04 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter_

You mean on the belts?
I think he was talking stitching. But either way, I did stitching, belts, gauges on a SB Spdyer. I did it with trepidation as I thought it might be too much. It wasn’t. Looks amazing. Go for it.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:07 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

I’d say go for it. Just be careful getting a different Color green than your seatbelts. I like Mamba stitching better as it is “louder” and I think closer to Python. But it might look weird with Python and Lizard and Mamba all mixed up in the build. Maybe do some research to see if Mamba belts are available and then let her rip….change the lizard green belts if they don’t look right or don’t get them at all. But if I remember correctly, it is a cheap option. Good luck. You are in the funnest stage but definitely the most nerve wracking.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:30 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Go for it! I love the simple interior, but think it does need a little pop of color. Are you at MSRP or is there an ADM? If there wasn't an ADM this all wouldn't feel quite so bad, but suddenly every dollar hurts more when you have to pay extra $25,000.

You mean on the belts?
Thats my biggest concern due to cost. I am paying a 20k ADM so every extra cost hurts just a bit harder than if it was ADM. My friend has the extended stitching in yellow in her 981 GT4 and it really does make the interior pop. The ADM just really makes it hard to justify anymore flashy bits.

And yes I was talking about the stitching as it seemed like the option was still there for you if you selected the extended deviated stitching option.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:33 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by flynlo
I’d say go for it. Just be careful getting a different Color green than your seatbelts. I like Mamba stitching better as it is “louder” and I think closer to Python. But it might look weird with Python and Lizard and Mamba all mixed up in the build. Maybe do some research to see if Mamba belts are available and then let her rip….change the lizard green belts if they don’t look right or don’t get them at all. But if I remember correctly, it is a cheap option. Good luck. You are in the funnest stage but definitely the most nerve wracking.
yeah that's why I was considering Lizard stitching as it would match the seatbelts. I would have gone with Python Green seat belts but that's just not an option so I went with the next closest. I don't mind there being some green contrast. The biggest thing right now is cost. I think its like an extra 3k for the deviated stitching in Lizard Green and I don't know if I want to pay for it. I'm also scared I might regret it if I don't.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:07 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

yeah that's why I was considering Lizard stitching as it would match the seatbelts. I would have gone with Python Green seat belts but that's just not an option so I went with the next closest. I don't mind there being some green contrast. The biggest thing right now is cost. I think its like an extra 3k for the deviated stitching in Lizard Green and I don't know if I want to pay for it. I'm also scared I might regret it if I don't.
My GT4 was python with lizard deviated stitching/belts....also added the door pulls in Lizard and LWBS belt passages via CXX. Car looked awesome.
IMO Mamba is too dark.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:22 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmartpr
My GT4 was python with lizard deviated stitching/belts....also added the door pulls in Lizard and LWBS belt passages via CXX. Car looked awesome.
IMO Mamba is too dark.
got any pics? It might be enough to push me over the edge haha
Old 06-28-2022, 08:26 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

got any pics? It might be enough to push me over the edge haha
Sure...I also did the 12 O'Clock marker in Lizard.

Last edited by jmartpr; 06-28-2022 at 08:27 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by jmartpr:
Alpha Ice (07-05-2022), cooler2442 (06-28-2022), Ed99 (07-16-2022), Xxyion (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 08:28 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

my god that's gorgeous...hoo boy...*checks bank account*
Old 06-28-2022, 08:35 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

my god that's gorgeous...hoo boy...*checks bank account*

Thanks....sold it in March and really miss it.
Waiting for a 4RS but I wont be able to go into so much detail on the interior as I did on the 718 GT4 due to the lack of the correct stitching color that goes with the exterior (PTS).
The following users liked this post:
Odin (07-01-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 09:05 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Thanks....sold it in March and really miss it.
Waiting for a 4RS but I wont be able to go into so much detail on the interior as I did on the 718 GT4 due to the lack of the correct stitching color that goes with the exterior (PTS).
Oh wow I wish I could have bought it from you. It basically is super similar to my build. Oh well. Mines gonna be really close.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:33 PM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 120 Posts

I have a 4RS and just got the email that I have to change from yellow as well. I had deviated stitch, steering column, etc yet still needed to be canceled.

Going Sea Blue interior to go with the gulf exterior yet was really stoked on the full yellow stitch, pulls, belts etc. The other yellow thread that is available doesn’t match the door pulls, seatbelts, etc.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:08 AM
Walter_
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
The other yellow thread that is available doesn’t match the door pulls, seatbelts, etc.

Well crap. In rushing to figure out what to change I hadn’t connected that the standard was racing yellow stitch NOT speed yellow. They never say racing yellow in the configuration.

I haven’t been able to find many pictures of speed yellow stitching, but the ones I’ve found look quite orange - more so than say speed yellow calipers. Anyone seen speed yellow in person and can comment?

Old 06-30-2022, 12:18 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,430 Likes on 2,346 Posts

Well crap. In rushing to figure out what to change I hadn’t connected that the standard was racing yellow stitch NOT speed yellow. They never say racing yellow in the configuration.

I haven’t been able to find many pictures of speed yellow stitching, but the ones I’ve found look quite orange - more so than say speed yellow calipers. Anyone seen speed yellow in person and can comment?
Speed Yellow is the color of the PCCBs and stitching. I have a Racing Spyder with Extended Deviated Yellow stitching and the only place it is really noticeable is on the seat logos but I like it overall and would do it again. Here is a picture of the 2 Yellows: Speed on the left and Racing on the right:

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching