Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 10:14 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by nixsky
Thanks for sharing. I’m not sure what it’s like in real life, but there’s definitely a visible difference between the stitch and the belt/12 o’clock. Appreciate it might not bother you, but it would drive me nuts.

Could probably find an aftermarket solution, but tbh I don’t think I like the speed yellow stitching. Looks too orange-y to me. Last thing I want to do is start pulling bits of interior off for something that should’ve been done in the factory.

Interestingly, (racing) yellow stitch hasn’t been removed from the US configurator. I wonder if this is a temporary thing? Perhaps it’s worth digging my heels in and insisting on racing yellow stitching?

Tbh, by the time racing yellow stitching is back PCCBs will be unavailable again. Really starting to lose interest in this whole process. Genuinely considering cancelling my order.
When I ordered my car there was not an option to pick a shade of Yellow so I got what they had, and am fine with it. I am very picky about things as well but I also look at the big picture and the slight difference does nothing to take away from the experience of owning a 718 Spyder.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:52 PM
RY04KLY
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My spec locks this Friday (8th July) although because my sales advisor is on vacation until the 11th we got all the order loaded and signed prior to her leaving.

Question is, does this mean my spec with all racing yellow interior accents is safe or will I need to pick an alternative because of the stop sale!?

Old 07-04-2022, 10:16 PM
DreiPedals
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by RY04KLY
My spec locks this Friday (8th July) although because my sales advisor is on vacation until the 11th we got all the order loaded and signed prior to her leaving.

Question is, does this mean my spec with all racing yellow interior accents is safe or will I need to pick an alternative because of the stop sale!?
You should reach out to your dealership tomorrow, IMO. You're likely going to need to make an alternate decision, and who knows what choice will be made for you if your lock date passes without your SA and you discussing it.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:02 AM
RY04KLY
AutoX

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
You should reach out to your dealership tomorrow, IMO. You're likely going to need to make an alternate decision, and who knows what choice will be made for you if your lock date passes without your SA and you discussing it.
Spoke to my OPC, they are getting in touch with the vehicle planning team to find out where I stand with my yellow stitching.

Interestingly, they sent me my build code to check the spec over and the yellow stitching has automatically been removed and replaced with deviated stitching in speed yellow.

As already mentioned, I’m also concerned about lack of matching door pulls and the potential clash with racing yellow seatbelts/steering wheel centre marker. I’m sure with time and money I can go to the expense of getting those in speed yellow too from aftermarket although it is really taking the joy out of buying a brand new Porsche.

P.S. my spec lock date has slipped 2 weeks to the 20th July.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm late to the party, but I've read of 718s being produced from their backup plant. I wonder if they don't have yellow stitching at that location or can't order it and that is causing some of the delays? Obviously I know some of you guys have gone all in on yellow, but given that it is a popular color I wouldn't expect them to have a shortage. My other thought is that maybe they are planning to hold some inventory back for the 992 production as well?

718 Overlfow Plant
Old 07-05-2022, 12:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Here is something else with Yellow stitching I had custom-made, which I like much more than the fabric door pulls:

Old 07-05-2022, 12:52 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Was this an expensive job? I’ve been searching for someone in the UK that can do it!
The 12'O Clock marker? When done via CXX is about $3k but it can also be ordered OEM for about the same.
Door pulls can be purchased online OEM or you can have https://www.gaphix.com/ do you some aftermarket in any color

Last edited by jmartpr; 07-05-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:02 PM
RY04KLY
AutoX

Was this an expensive job? I’ve been searching for someone in the UK that can do it!
For the UK I believe the go to people are www.royalsteeringwheels.com, these are the people I would go to for any sort of interior retrimming.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The 12'O Clock marker? When done via CXX is about $3k but it can also be ordered OEM for about the same.
Door pulls can be purchased online OEM or you can have https://www.gaphix.com/ do you some aftermarket in any color
I had Exclusive Option make mine out of leather and I specified Speed Yellow thread so it would match the thread on the door panels.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:25 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
$3000 for a little marker on the steering wheel? Boy that is the Porsche Premium at its finest. I thought $2000 for painted air conditioning vents was ridiculous. Makes my leather seat back shells for $1600 seem like a bargain.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:20 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
$3000 for a little marker on the steering wheel? Boy that is the Porsche Premium at its finest. I thought $2000 for painted air conditioning vents was ridiculous. Makes my leather seat back shells for $1600 seem like a bargain.
Yeah, I know.....on the description it says Exclusive does the whole steering again.....but if it's lizard green they just have to grab one from the 991.2 GT3RS + they keep your stock one!
Old 07-11-2022, 04:47 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 282 Posts

The Racing Yellow stitching interior option is no longer available on the configurator in Canada...

Old 07-11-2022, 05:40 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
The Racing Yellow stitching interior option is no longer available on the configurator in Canada...

Manufacturers do this when they winding down the model. Less options make it easier for planners/suppliers.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:44 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 48 Posts

What's funny about this is:
  1. I sold my Miami Blue Cayman S to get a Miami Blue 992.
  2. Immediately after getting a 992 allocation, they ended Miami Blue, even as PTS.
  3. So I got a Red 992.
  4. I had been waffling between the GT4 and Spyder (both with yellow builds).
  5. I decided on the Spyder (yellow paint, yellow stitching) and it looks like I just got it in under wire.
Honestly Miami Blue and Racing Yellow are amazing Porsche colors ... not sure why they are getting removed. I have never received more compliments than I did on Miami Blue - people of all walks of life going out of their way to talk about that color.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:31 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by d6veteran
Honestly Miami Blue and Racing Yellow are amazing Porsche colors ... not sure why they are getting removed. I have never received more compliments than I did on Miami Blue - people of all walks of life going out of their way to talk about that color.
Miami Blue is what got me on the hunt for my Spyder. And as soon as I was getting close, they discontinued it. Thankfully Shark Blue came in. I wasn’t as excited about it but I love blue cars.
When I got my car, one of the first in the US, it looked way better in person but I still had lingering thoughts about Miami Blue. I was then able to see them side by side. And that did it for me. SB>MB in my opinion. SB does not come through in pictures but looks amazing in person. MB seems to be the opposite. I think it is the way that color “flops”. It looks so different in different light. Anyway, I still like MB and think it is a unique color. I would have been perfectly happy with a MB Spyder as I’ve seen one in person and it looked great(there are no ugly Spyders). But I’m glad things turned out the way they did!!

Last edited by flynlo; 07-14-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on Yellow Stitching