Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 04:40 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 743 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexipino
dang man. I simply put this out there because someone might want to jump on it if they liked the spec and didnt want to wait months for a build. Isnt that what community/ forums do for each other?

Salty as hell.
1) Thank you for delivering on posting the pictures from the dealer!

2) The comments on the options this car was ordered with are not directed at you. (Obviously you didn’t order the car anyway!) Different people put different values on some options based on their own personal tastes and use preferences. And some people get weirdly invested in critiquing cars that don’t belong to them which are not optioned the way they would prefer.

3) Personally, I think it will sell quickly, regardless of how it is optioned.

The following users liked this post:
Flexipino (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 05:05 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Maybe just me but I never really understood people who do something like PTS and then choose something that's only a slight shade different from a standard color. Like...just choose Racing Yellow? It looks almost the same?. I can understand if he went a completely different hue or if wanted a more metallic version of yellow. But I honestly couldn't tell the difference from the pictures vs others.

I don't know, I guess for me its like doing PTS from Python Green to Lizard green, yeah its different, but not by much. Just seems like a waste of money and not even a real PTS.
I tend to agree with you. No way I would pay the PTS premium for a slightly different shade of silver, yellow, green, blue, etc. It's got to be totally different or I just take what's on the plate at no additional cost or a slight upcharge. But there's people with more money to throw around than me so...
Old 06-21-2022, 05:06 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,544 Likes on 2,024 Posts

dang man. I simply put this out there because someone might want to jump on it if they liked the spec and didnt want to wait months for a build. Isnt that what community/ forums do for each other?

Salty as hell.
Salty? They were simple comments on the spec of the car; I think it’s a difficult sell because of a sad and expensive build.

Nothing aimed at you; certainly wasn’t trying to trigger anyone.

I concur it’s helpful to post in the for sale thread which is where it is.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:05 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 258 Posts

Salty as hell.
OP was just trying to help. No need to put him down. I am new to this forum and I was reported to the admin for asking a question that was not answered before. Very weird behavior from some members here
josephr25 (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 06:18 PM
Flexipino
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Salty? They were simple comments on the spec of the car; I think it’s a difficult sell because of a sad and expensive build.

Nothing aimed at you; certainly wasn’t trying to trigger anyone.

I concur it’s helpful to post in the for sale thread which is where it is.
a lot gets lost in translation thru text/typed words. Not triggered but it does suck when you try to look out for others then get asked "if I'm a sales rep".lol

Cheers
Old 06-21-2022, 06:21 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 258 Posts

a lot gets lost in translation thru text/typed words. Not triggered but it does suck when you try to look out for others then get asked "if I'm a sales rep".lol

Cheers
Sorry I quoted the wrong post. You're the OP lol
Old 06-21-2022, 07:01 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,544 Likes on 2,024 Posts

Good to see this thread back to life.

Saw this in the PTS thread

https://www.porschedelaware.com/inventory?q=718+Gt4

Delaware has 3 718 GT4s…prices are insane though.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:10 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

^^^ That is Porsche Delaware's business model to put crazy asking prices on their used sports car inventory. Consider their asking prices to be an extreme outlier - not representative of the market. I don't think they are even Porsche Certified at that price...
Old 06-21-2022, 08:05 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-Day
^^^ That is Porsche Delaware's business model to put crazy asking prices on their used sports car inventory. Consider their asking prices to be an extreme outlier - not representative of the market. I don't think they are even Porsche Certified at that price...
it’s very simple, it’s called business with supply and demand. Dealerships do not have any inventory, so for what cars they do have, they increased the prices. That’s what any business does, so not their fault. My local dealership lost several cars on that ship, which I’m guessing many dealers did, with chip shortages and costs going crazy, they just adjusting accordingly and people are paying those prices.

like I said, there are like 50 used gt4 available in the entire USA, so 1 per state, lol.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:35 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Good to see this thread back to life.

Saw this in the PTS thread

https://www.porschedelaware.com/inventory?q=718+Gt4

Delaware has 3 718 GT4s…prices are insane though.
It’s easy to understand why they have a large inventory, but they are moving cars. They had a couple of 992 Targa’s at outlandish prices and they are gone, gone, gone.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:59 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Porsche Delaware in particular does some very strange pricing things that I don't think anyone other than they fully understand. Their used sports car asking prices are the highest on the US east coast by far - often even higher than Bay Area CA prices... I suspect a large part of it has to do with the combo of 0% sales tax in Delaware + the largest concentration of US corporations and LLCs being registered in the state. Maybe people are using their DE LLCs to buy and register Porsches tax free? But then I don't think you see a lot of DE-registered cars around the whole US like you would see MT-registered cars...

Despite their off the wall asking prices, they do deal quite a bit. An acquaintance of mine bought a used 2016 GT4 from Porsche Delaware around summer 2020, and actually got an incredibly good deal on it from them. It was the cheapest clean-title GT4 purchase I had ever heard of at the time. IIRC, he paid about $20k less than their original asking price on the car.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:08 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-Day
Porsche Delaware in particular does some very strange pricing things that I don't think anyone other than they fully understand. Their used sports car asking prices are the highest on the US east coast by far - often even higher than Bay Area CA prices... I suspect a large part of it has to do with the combo of 0% sales tax in Delaware + the largest concentration of US corporations and LLCs being registered in the state. Maybe people are using their DE LLCs to buy and register Porsches tax free? But then I don't think you see a lot of DE-registered cars around the whole US like you would see MT-registered cars...

Despite their off the wall asking prices, they do deal quite a bit. An acquaintance of mine bought a used 2016 GT4 from Porsche Delaware around summer 2020, and actually got an incredibly good deal on it from them. It was the cheapest clean-title GT4 purchase I had ever heard of at the time. IIRC, he paid about $20k less than their original asking price on the car.
Yes, as “they” say, asking and selling prices may be quite different. It wouldn’t hurt to give them a call and make an offer.

When I moved to DE, I tried to put a deal together with trading my 992 for a BGTS allocation, but the SA really didn’t seem to care about my business. I then called Main Line and they were fantastic.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:12 PM
user 68932563
Banned

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Maybe just me but I never really understood people who do something like PTS and then choose something that's only a slight shade different from a standard color. Like...just choose Racing Yellow? It looks almost the same?. I can understand if he went a completely different hue or if wanted a more metallic version of yellow. But I honestly couldn't tell the difference from the pictures vs others.

I don't know, I guess for me its like doing PTS from Python Green to Lizard green, yeah its different, but not by much. Just seems like a waste of money and not even a real PTS.
I have a Signal Yellow Spyder enroute , I think its the best yellow vs racing/speed. See ya around, Im in SoCal as well!
The following 2 users liked this post by user 68932563:
718socal (06-21-2022), mc3456 (08-24-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 10:57 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by ltctoneo
I have a Signal Yellow Spyder enroute , I think its the best yellow vs racing/speed. See ya around, Im in SoCal as well!
Oh yeah, signal looks much better to my eyes than racing or speed yellow as well. Also Bahama/Mango looks killer too when it comes to yellow shades. Please remember to post pics when you get it
user 68932563 (06-21-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 02:25 PM
blef44
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche DTLA has a Chalk GT4 available, at least as of last night. It's the one that just showed up on the Porsche USA inventory search. I was quoted $30k over, which puts me out of budget because the spec is already high. I also really prefer a manual, but given the challenge I have been having finding an allocation I am starting to be flexible on spec.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale