Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 07:19 PM
Andrew_PSD
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

New

The following 2 users liked this post by Andrew_PSD:
boss2k (12-06-2023), Cyclman (12-08-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 09:10 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 369 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...man-gt4-rs-11/

Sinister spec
Old 12-07-2023, 12:11 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,249 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
I think it'll sell for around $250k +/-
Old 12-07-2023, 12:50 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,693 Posts
Default How does year and mileage factor into desirability and price.

I know how I feel about the following but curious about what others think... does model year mileage sway your decision on a car?

For example, is 20k miles on a 2020 too much if the car is perfect and optioned the way you want it (brakes, seats and colour), or would you opt for a stripper for less money because it has only 5k miles? I am thinking about the Spyder here, they are not making them any more, so it isn't a case of waiting for an allocation and building your own!

And would you pass over that perfectly spec'd 2020 with 20k miles for a newer car that is not really an equivalent build just because it is newer? FWIW, the 2020 is CPO with 3 more years of warranty.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Westcoast; 12-07-2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:59 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I know how I feel about the following but curious about what others think... does model year mileage sway your decision on a car?

For example, is 20k miles on a 2020 too much if the car is perfect and optioned the way you want it (brakes, seats and colour), or would you opt for a stripper for less money because it has only 5k miles? I am thinking about the Spyder here, they are not making them any more, so it isn't a case of waiting for an allocation and building your own!

And would you pass over that perfectly spec'd 2020 with 20k miles for a newer car that is not really an equivalent build just because it is newer? FWIW, the 2020 is CPO with 3 more years of warranty.

Thoughts?
Do you plan to drive the car a lot or just have it mostly parked? I missed out on a high mile car like you describe with all the options I wanted. It was a nice discount over the car I ended up with which had 3,600 miles. I'd say if it's still in good shape this is actually what I prefer because you can drive it worry free rather than feeling you're driving the value out of the car. A discount for a car with all the options I want? Yeah it's a no brainer. These cars aren't made of glass 20k is not an issue.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
Do you plan to drive the car a lot or just have it mostly parked? I missed out on a high mile car like you describe with all the options I wanted. It was a nice discount over the car I ended up with which had 3,600 miles. I'd say if it's still in good shape this is actually what I prefer because you can drive it worry free rather than feeling you're driving the value out of the car. A discount for a car with all the options I want? Yeah it's a no brainer. These cars aren't made of glass 20k is not an issue.
Cheers, yes the car is in amazing shape, but has been driven, not parked, good to hear that 20k mile wouldn't scare off a buyer, to me I would see the 'just what I wanted' spec as a real find, and buy it to enjoy.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:12 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

Likewise, I bought the car to drive. My primary decision on the higher 20k mile would be when was the service done, how much is the warranty left, and most importantly, how does it feel to drive?
I bought a 16.5k mile '22 GT4 from a dealer ~9 weeks ago and have since put on another 2.5k miles on it. It was serviced by the dealership as part of the CPO process and unless you look at the mileage, the you can't tell the mileage. Everything feels tight on the car.
The biggest thing I'd look for is if the car was driven the way I'd drive it (I have mechanical sympathy). I'm averse to getting a car that was babied all its life and then I try and have some fun in it. Seen a bike grenade one where the previous owner never rev'd it out and the new owner blew the seals very soon after, whilst using it at the track.
UncleDude (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:57 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 611 Posts

I buy the seller first. Obviously if it’s a dealer, that’s a different situation, but even so I would vet the dealer to the extent possible.

Then I’d get the car that is the closest match to what I want, regardless of mileage (within reason). I would choose my search filters, including max mileage that I’d be willing to accept, and then opt for the best car at a deal that I can accept. There are lots of moving parts to the decision. Comparing two cars that are different mileage, years, spec is really not apples to apples. The price should be different too (unless the far newer car has far higher miles which might lower it’s price to meet an older car that’s a “stripper” that has very low miles).

I’m not making a decision with miles being toward the top of the parameters - but that’s already within the maximum mileage I’ve decided I’ll accept.

In general, 20k miles wouldn’t scare me and I’d prefer 20k to 1k for the same year car. Maintenance is key, and I want to see records and know a car has been well maintained. And if possible, a test drive to know it feels “tight” and correct.

No matter what, I would always put my own eyes on it before buying, unless I had a close, trusted person upon whom I could rely (like my husband, or a very close friend who is also a car-person, and understands my requirements).

I’ve had a couple negative experiences having a car misrepresented by a dealer, and when I get there, I had some nasty surprises that created an entirely new renegotiation because they didn’t disclose things via phone and photos. And in fact they misled me by stating that there were zero cosmetic issues and of course there were issues. But it all worked out…
UncleDude (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 02:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I buy the seller first. Obviously if it’s a dealer, that’s a different situation, but even so I would vet the dealer to the extent possible.

Then I’d get the car that is the closest match to what I want, regardless of mileage (within reason). I would choose my search filters, including max mileage that I’d be willing to accept, and then opt for the best car at a deal that I can accept. There are lots of moving parts to the decision. Comparing two cars that are different mileage, years, spec is really not apples to apples. The price should be different too (unless the far newer car has far higher miles which might lower it’s price to meet an older car that’s a “stripper” that has very low miles).

I’m not making a decision with miles being toward the top of the parameters - but that’s already within the maximum mileage I’ve decided I’ll accept.

In general, 20k miles wouldn’t scare me and I’d prefer 20k to 1k for the same year car. Maintenance is key, and I want to see records and know a car has been well maintained. And if possible, a test drive to know it feels “tight” and correct.

No matter what, I would always put my own eyes on it before buying, unless I had a close, trusted person upon whom I could rely (like my husband, or a very close friend who is also a car-person, and understands my requirements).

I’ve had a couple negative experiences having a car misrepresented by a dealer, and when I get there, I had some nasty surprises that created an entirely new renegotiation because they didn’t disclose things via phone and photos. And in fact they misled me by stating that there were zero cosmetic issues and of course there were issues. But it all worked out…
All good information, condition and maintenance are major factors on any car and are key to determining price and if this is totally above reproach, should (in my mind) mitigate 'reasonable' mileage on the car in question, and in this case considering that the car is CPO.

With this out of the way, I would think options and colour would play a large role, some options are prohibitive to add and can serve to devalue the car, just like the colour which could be a deal breaker.

So in general it seems, reasonable mileage should not scare anyone away if they find a 718 they too intend to drive.
UncleDude (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 02:34 PM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 169 Posts

Or depending on just how rare what you are looking for is, if mileage scares you, hold out for a more perfect car.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:52 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,333 Likes on 2,185 Posts

So why do dealers seem to prioritize mileage above all else if buyers aren't driving that narrative? Is just a case of the dealers using it as leverage, so when you trade in it is a huge deal, when you buy "the car has been well maintained"? I've talked to GM's who say buyers look for mileage first, above all else! Is Rennlist an exception?
Old 12-07-2023, 02:57 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast

Thoughts?
Worth discussing and debating but it should have its own thread. Can a mod make that happen?
ADC1 (12-08-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 04:17 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 611 Posts

Based on personal experience, I do not trust CPO, and to me it has no meaning in terms of the condition of the car. It does provide some added warranty so there’s value there, but just because a car “passes” (qualifies for) CPO doesn’t mean it’s been properly inspected, or that it doesn’t have some type of prior damage. I know because I bought my first Porsche that had been CPO’d and it turned out there was a problem and it was clear the dealer sold it knowing that it had a significant defect. That selling dealer was forced to make it right and my local dealer coordinated everything for me. But that experience taught me that CPO doesn’t mean s***. YMMV
Mthrice (12-23-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 04:26 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

Based on personal experience, I do not trust CPO, and to me it has no meaning in terms of the condition of the car. It does provide some added warranty so there’s value there, but just because a car “passes” (qualifies for) CPO doesn’t mean it’s been properly inspected, or that it doesn’t have some type of prior damage. I know because I bought my first Porsche that had been CPO’d and it turned out there was a problem and it was clear the dealer sold it knowing that it had a significant defect. That selling dealer was forced to make it right and my local dealer coordinated everything for me. But that experience taught me that CPO doesn’t mean s***. YMMV
Generally agree with this - a lot of the time the dealer doesn't do anything aside from maybe inspect the tires and brake pad thickness. The value in the CPO is more for the longer term (and unlimited mile) warranty.
TheBucketOfTruth (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 04:47 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Generally agree with this - a lot of the time the dealer doesn't do anything aside from maybe inspect the tires and brake pad thickness. The value in the CPO is more for the longer term (and unlimited mile) warranty.
Not even that. I sold a car that was resold as CPO in a matter of days. Very used Cup2s on a base carrera, also girodisc rotors and pagid pads (imagine why). I saw the car in the parking lot a few weeks later, all those aftermarket items were still there.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale