Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Pointless/Unobtanium Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 05:01 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 691 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
I added the MCS 2-way remote dampers, Swift Springs, Thrust Arm Bushings, and rear toe-links.
I still think you should have spent the money on a multi link rear rather than the dampers /shrug
Old 03-25-2022, 05:04 PM
phow
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
It frustrates people because actual enthusiasts who would buy them and drive them, have to get scalped by dealers. The guys with 10 cars who probably don't care get gifted them as MSRP. Collectible is the operative word.

If you want track insurance, most insurers top out at sub $200k so even if you buy it to use as a track tool you are carrying a ton of risk.

I know that if I could get one at MSRP I'd buy one tomorrow.
And I get what you're saying and I totally understand it's frustrating. The bottom line is that the car has a market value over MSRP and that is why you can't buy one at MSRP.

If you bought the car at MSRP, decided you wanted to turn around and sell it, would you take MSRP? Of course not. You would want the market value for the car.

And I get the majority of MSRP buyers are not going to use the car as intended. But at the end of the day, they have spent the big $$$ with their dealers for that luxury. Most have not.

As far as the track insurance goes, in my mind if you can afford 200k+ track toy, you can afford to cover the difference between the covered and uncovered amounts.

I also primarily buy older classic Porsche's so my POV leans towards market value because that's the only thing that matters in that world.

Last edited by phow; 03-25-2022 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:09 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 661 Posts

I post when relevant to the thread discussion. If the info. is repeated , so what. Seriously, that bothers you???

Are you the forum police?

I very highly doubt that me posting stops anyone from posting their thoughts.
I too jumped in with 'whats wrong these Pcars". This was because the OP was expressing the same frustration that many of us feel about the Porsche experience. A lot of Hype, Sometimes the buyer gets screwed cause they cant get what they and when, and the cars - especially the enthusiasts cars need some mods because even the GT division has to make a profit and dumb down/cut corners/comply with regulations. So lots of complaints to go around about this brand even though they make an excellent product that is usually very enjoyable experience...
Old 03-25-2022, 05:15 PM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Received 604 Likes on 347 Posts

****. As I walked out to my garage a few mins ago, I realized I have the perfect vehicle for @TRZ06 . Made in Canuckland (that's close to the USA, right? Are F-bods still made there?), mid engined, ~8600 RPM, multi-link suspension in back, double wishbones up front, predictable handling, high quality interior, huge power to weight ratio, four way adjustable shocks with dual spring rates and adjustable crossover, and most importantly, it can handle those rough streets. I only charge a $25k ADM, it's a steal!

The following 3 users liked this post by enduro:
Chris Danusiar (03-27-2022), daaa nope (03-29-2022), Old Blevens (03-28-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 05:28 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I have announced/leaked/hinted the GT4RS almost 3 years ago to the day here. Before any press got wind of it.

If anyone actually wanted it since back then, they could have already placed a deposit at their dealer to start the line back then, literally be the first in line. Waiting for the car to be announced and/or tested and/or reviewed are just asking for trouble, as by then everyone will know and will want one.
I know you told that and i am on "the list" since then. I trust you Whoopsy but i don't trust dealer because they sell to who they want and don't respect the order of the list. You just need to look at the marketplace to see all those gt car with less than 1000 miles to sell . I bought a gt4 in 2016 with one of the last allocation at my dealer. I enjoy it like the first day i bought it. I just feel sad that true enthusiasm like me can't have access to that car because a big percentage of buyer are Car and Coffee guy and flipper in america. Some true driver will have access to it but they are a minority...
Old 03-25-2022, 05:30 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,590 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro
****. As I walked out to my garage a few mins ago, I realized I have the perfect vehicle for @TRZ06 . Made in Canuckland (that's close to the USA, right? Are F-bods still made there?), mid engined, ~8600 RPM, multi-link suspension in back, double wishbones up front, predictable handling, high quality interior, huge power to weight ratio, four way adjustable shocks with dual spring rates and adjustable crossover, and most importantly, it can handle those rough streets. I only charge a $25k ADM, it's a steal!

HAHA,

For Off-road vehicles I much prefer a Polaris 800 RMK and 2 feet of fresh powder.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:32 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
I still think you should have spent the money on a multi link rear rather than the dampers /shrug

Many, many issues with that. That is a big commitment, as you are now affecting warranty and future sale-ability.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:40 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 661 Posts

Many, many issues with that. That is a big commitment, as you are now affecting warranty and future sale-ability.
@TRZ06 Dont pay any nevermind... you tried the GT4 and you will just have to 'suffer' until your C8Z06 comes!
Old 03-25-2022, 05:53 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dnimi123
@TRZ06 Dont pay any nevermind... you tried the GT4 and you will just have to 'suffer' until your C8Z06 comes!

It's all good, I don't take anything here personal. It is an enthusiast car forum, nothing new here.

I have had most non exotic sports cars now from most of the sane (money wise) MFGs. over the years I always tell it how it is from my perspective as an enthusiast. There are fan bois for every brand, on every forum that live with tunnel vision and that is fine, I just have an eyes wide open mentality when it comes to the good and bad of any car I have ever had or have, regardless of brand.

I am not too proud to not admit a fault I discover in cars I own, even if they are current cars.

Other than a house, a sports car is one of the most expensive items people buy, and for those that do not FU money, the bar should be set high as a consumer, especially when you are forking over $100K

Old 03-25-2022, 05:57 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 722 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Everyone who has a good relationship with a good dealer will get a GT4RS at MSRP but it may take a little time. My dealer gave me my Touring allocation on the 3rd round of allocations so I'll patiently wait for my name to be called.
The World is truly crazy when Martin gets a eunuch GT3!
Old 03-26-2022, 05:58 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 447 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by blackland
I wonder why Porsche does not charge more for these cars, they let the dealers take all of the profits? VW is leaving shareholder’s money on the table.

Prices went up quite a bit in my market last 12mnths
Old 03-26-2022, 06:00 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 447 Likes on 184 Posts

Actually, I’m glad they’re not overflowing the market with these special GT cars. Them being sort of unobtainable is what makes it so fun chasing one.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:47 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 748 Likes on 368 Posts

Buy a Z06.

Hell, buy two for the price of one GT4RS.

Like most here I have loved P-cars since childhood. I don’t love greedy dealers.

Last edited by dmk2; 03-26-2022 at 12:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
clib (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 11:01 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I have announced/leaked/hinted the GT4RS almost 3 years ago to the day here. Before any press got wind of it.

If anyone actually wanted it since back then, they could have already placed a deposit at their dealer to start the line back then, literally be the first in line. Waiting for the car to be announced and/or tested and/or reviewed are just asking for trouble, as by then everyone will know and will want one.
I appreciate your insight as I did just that and placed a deposit for one years ago. Still no allocations for my dealer though so hoping Porsche makes plenty.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:18 PM
Adrift
Race Car

Received 2,421 Likes on 1,241 Posts

It just came out, and every curve ball imaginable has been thrown at the situation.

Calm down and, if the supply pressures ease, see where things are.

Immediate gratification demands much?

Quick Reply: Pointless/Unobtanium Car