Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Softronic Tune Discussion and First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022 | 10:08 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NiteCrawlr
Just put the Softronic tune on my GTS last night and have done some ordinary and spirited driving (maybe 60 miles). I have Kline exhaust, link pipes, and headers on which I feel gives a pretty significant boost from stock already. I have a valve controller so I didn't opt for that option. I did need help with removing CEL associated with headers, an 8200 rpm redline, and defeating 3 cylinder activation and auto-start stop which the tune does perfectly. Extremely easy to order and install. The turn around time from when I emailed the stock file and received the tuned file was like 12 hours overnight. I feel a palpable addition of power but not dramatic which I was not expecting anyway with my current mods. I haven't dyno the car but 346/440 seems about right and I was probably within 5-7% of that before the tune. The car seems to rev easier and smoother and I don't feel I need to press down on the gas pedal as much when routinely accelerating probably due to the increased torque. Forceful acceleration is even more immediate and feels a bit more powerful as well. If you have a stock GTS the difference will probably be pretty significant. All in all I am very happy with Softronic, the tune, and the price of the product for what it offers.
Good to hear. I rekon with a GTS its a no brainer to tune it to at least the GT4 output levels. On a GTS, you'd be looking at 8-10% increases with either ME or Softronics tunes.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoadrunnerGTS:
Alpha Ice (06-12-2022), IL_Pete (06-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2022 | 10:43 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NiteCrawlr
Just put the Softronic tune on my GTS last night and have done some ordinary and spirited driving (maybe 60 miles). I have Kline exhaust, link pipes, and headers on which I feel gives a pretty significant boost from stock already. I have a valve controller so I didn't opt for that option. I did need help with removing CEL associated with headers, an 8200 rpm redline, and defeating 3 cylinder activation and auto-start stop which the tune does perfectly. Extremely easy to order and install. The turn around time from when I emailed the stock file and received the tuned file was like 12 hours overnight. I feel a palpable addition of power but not dramatic which I was not expecting anyway with my current mods. I haven't dyno the car but 346/440 seems about right and I was probably within 5-7% of that before the tune. The car seems to rev easier and smoother and I don't feel I need to press down on the gas pedal as much when routinely accelerating probably due to the increased torque. Forceful acceleration is even more immediate and feels a bit more powerful as well. If you have a stock GTS the difference will probably be pretty significant. All in all I am very happy with Softronic, the tune, and the price of the product for what it offers.
Hello ,
Thanks for the input and dont forget when we get rid of those HP and mostly TQ dips the car will feel more linear , in stock those dips feel like gains when getting out of them. When you have a loss in TQ in which is one of the biggest issues it seems like more power than if they were not there and gained linear. Basically if you gain the power on a linear basis it seems less than coming out of the Porsche deprived TQ curve since the dips or losses are not there yet the gains are much better..

Best,
Scott

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 06-11-2022 at 10:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:11 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello ,
Thanks for the input and dont forget when we get rid of those HP and mostly TQ dips the car will feel more linear , in stock those dips feel like gains when getting out of them. When you have a loss in TQ in which is one of the biggest issues it seems like more power than if they were not there and gained linear. Basically if you gain the power on a linear basis it seems less than coming out of the Porsche deprived TQ curve since the dips or losses are not there yet the gains are much better..

Best,
Scott
Thanks Scott. Yes after experimenting with it some more, it does definitely feel more linear and is even a bit quicker (deceptively so) than I thought, especially when you hammer on the throttle
Old 07-31-2022 | 01:58 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Question SOUL PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS > Porsche 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS Cayman Softronic ECU Tune

Help !!!

I'm hoping that we can have a useful discussion on the below and this NOT turn into a Bitch-Session.

I'm looking for {End-Users} that will share what their experiences have been with the SOUL SOFTRONIC ECU Tune.
Especially for the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 or Spyder.

If there are No-Replies from End-User/Users in the USA ???

Then hopefully there are Rennlist members that will chime-in from other Countries as Rennlist is an INTERNATIONAL Website.

Below is what I have found over on the SOUL Performance Products Website.

Porsche 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS Cayman Softronic ECU Tune

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-7...onic-ecu-tune/

https://www.softronicsoftware.com/?g...gaAmviEALw_wcB

I was able to find some videos on Custom-Tunes on YouTube see below:

Porsche GT4 First Drive With Tune

Porsche 718 Cayman GT4: Stock VS Tuned!!

Tuning a 2015 Porsche Cayman S | 981 3.4L | Pops & Bangs Tune | Softronic Performance SW

Porsche GT4 Cobb Tune Install

Softronic ECU Tune Install & 1st Impression

Porsche 911 Carrera S 991.2 C2S Mod Inc BHP 520 TQ 532

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-31-2022 at 02:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (07-31-2022)
Old 07-31-2022 | 03:32 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

It is not a Soul product, it is a Softronc product Softronic has been tuning Porsches for a long time. Pick up the phone and give them a call. They will customize it to what you want.

I had their tune in my 981 Spyder and plan on getting it in my 718 when the time comes.

Last edited by MaddMike; 08-01-2022 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2022 | 04:15 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

I installed the Softronic tune on my GTS several months ago and highly recommend the product. I noticed a small but palpable power bump even with exhaust, OAP, and headers. If your car is stock you will probably be even happier with the gains. It also smooths out the torque curve and power delivery throughout the rev range. As an added bonus no more auto-start/stop or cylinder deactivation. The tune also got rid of my CEL from the headers which is the primary reason I initially got it but now that I have experienced it, I wouldn't want to go back even if there were no CEL. Definitely worth the asking price.
Old 07-31-2022 | 05:36 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I have had the Softronic tune on my Spyder for a while now and Scott, the guru who runs it, has a lot of experience tuning P-cars - look at the list of models he supports online, or in his ad in Panorama magazine. He spent a lot of time with me getting it installed since I am far from being techy, and I like it so much I am not taking it out when I go to the dealer this Tuesday for my first/free oil change...once you drive the car with it you will not want to go back to OEM. As many here know I have Soul Street Headers (with high-flow cats) as well as the Soul Resonated Race exhaust and my car is perfect now and I have no desire to do anything else. And if one is on the fence about which tune to get give Scott a ring and I am sure you will be confident in your purchase, with zero pressure.
CDACH (08-01-2022)
Old 07-31-2022 | 05:48 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

On a stock GT4 you're going to be hard pressed to feel the effect of a tune. The gains are measurable but barely perceptible - makes more sense for the GTS which is detuned from the factory.
tigerhonaker (08-01-2022)
Old 07-31-2022 | 05:49 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I forgot to mention that there are several threads on the tune, such as this one: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...ts-easier.html

And I disagree that the tune is not perceptible - I noticed it right away and countless other forum members here, as well as on other forums, feel the same.

Finally, for your viewing pleasure:

Last edited by Bob Z.; 07-31-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2022 | 06:05 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
And I disagree that the tune is not perceptible - I noticed it right away and countless other forum members here, as well as on other forums, feel the same.
Perception outside of a blind test is pretty useless, the human brain isn't accurate and objective enough.

The power that the tune adds is similar to a slight positive change in atmospheric conditions which vary day to day anyway. There are interesting and useful things that can be done with tuning however outside of power gains.
The following 3 users liked this post by JCviggen:
pride355 (08-14-2022), slilley (08-08-2022), tigerhonaker (08-01-2022)
Old 07-31-2022 | 07:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Perception outside of a blind test is pretty useless, the human brain isn't accurate and objective enough.

The power that the tune adds is similar to a slight positive change in atmospheric conditions which vary day to day anyway. There are interesting and useful things that can be done with tuning however outside of power gains.
I understand what you are saying, and I mostly agree; however, I consider myself quite sensitive to minute changes, and to me, I noticed a positive impact upon installing the tune, and since many others did as well that is all that matters, especially for the money. By the way, I uninstalled the tune several months after I first installed it and I actually noticed it more then, when I no longer had it.
Old 07-31-2022 | 08:00 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCviggen

By the way, you have the M-Engineering tune, right? Maybe you should have gone with the Softronic tune to ensure you could feel the effects.
Old 08-01-2022 | 01:05 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Amazing we do not have a dyno before/after on this considering the cost and only incremental gains, so as we are to expect. It seems to me the biggest benefits are coding in/out some car functionality but surely this can be done alone for much less. Notwithstanding this car being highly powerful for the street in stock form. What am I missing?
Old 08-01-2022 | 09:45 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor
Amazing we do not have a dyno before/after on this considering the cost and only incremental gains, so as we are to expect. It seems to me the biggest benefits are coding in/out some car functionality but surely this can be done alone for much less. Notwithstanding this car being highly powerful for the street in stock form. What am I missing?
It sounds like you have not read any of the opinions of those that have tuned their cars...that is what you are missing.
Old 08-01-2022 | 09:47 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
It sounds like you have not read any of the opinions of those that have tuned their cars...that is what you are missing.
Yes, I did. Many from you, particularly. It seems the tune is best suited for the GTS4.0.

$1,500 for a tune without a dyno? Put the pom-poms down.
Avera (11-13-2022)

Quick Reply: The Softronic Tune Discussion and First Impressions