Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Porsche Cutaway Drawings

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 12:01 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Received 540 Likes on 243 Posts

I will put Body Color rollover hoops on the list for future possibilities for the Spyder and BGTS.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:29 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_B
I will put Body Color rollover hoops on the list for future possibilities for the Spyder and BGTS.
Awesome! And on behalf of everyone who will benefit from your work, thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Randy_B (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 02:03 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Here are the Spyder versions with the same color treatments. For the GT4 and Spyder variants the current level of customization would be as follows:

Standard on both would be Black Race-Tex Bucket Seats with Silver stitching as shown

Exterior Color
Wheel Color
PDK/6-Spd (Shift lever)
Amber/Clear Side Markers
Smoking Package/Cubby Hole
Bi-Xenon/LED Headlights (Albeit subtle difference)
Brake Caliper Color - Red/Black

Future Possibilities:

Brake Caliper Color - Red/Black/Yellow
Headlight Cleaning System in Exterior Color/Delete
Interior Trim in Exterior Color/Brushed Aluminum/CF (Maybe)

Awesome Randy, can't wait to get one of these printed up for the wall!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:04 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 756 Likes on 370 Posts

@Randy_B What is the average file size of the various versions in bytes?
Old 10-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
@Randy_B What is the average file size of the various versions in bytes?
They are 6.6 MB for the GT cars and 4 MB for the GTS cars. That is in jpg format BTW, which may or may not be ideal from printing. PNG format for the GT cars is 9.25 MB and my Photoshop files are roughly 165 MB.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:08 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Here are the Cayman GTS versions in the same colors as the others. I have been trying to get them to translate closer to the GT4 and Spyder colors but they are not there just yet. The lighting in the original image is different so they are more difficult to match. I like how they are coming along so far though.

The following 4 users liked this post by Randy_B:
Alpha Ice (10-05-2021), Banana S (03-02-2023), nothingman (10-04-2021), Paiceyfan (10-05-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Here are a few more Cayman GTS color studies. Guards Red finally makes an appearance. Some detail gets washed out in order to bring the bright colors across more accurately. It's a compromise at this point but maybe I can find some middle ground.

Last edited by Randy_B; 10-04-2021 at 06:12 PM.
slilley (10-05-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 06:20 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

They are 6.6 MB for the GT cars and 4 MB for the GTS cars. That is in jpg format BTW, which may or may not be ideal from printing. PNG format for the GT cars is 9.25 MB and my Photoshop files are roughly 165 MB.
Great, the files are large enough to print without being pixelized…
Are you sure that you don’t want to handle the printing?
I can help you plan this and you can be paid for your efforts. (And, no, I’m not looking for a freebie, my advice is free and I want to buy the print from you).
If you want me to spell this out, just let me know what city you live in so I can Google printing companies.
The decision on whether you want to proceed with it or not is totally up to you.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Randy_B
Racer

I haven't really thought that far along yet to be honest and wasn't sure if most would want to print these or have it on their various electronic devices, or both. As I get further into it, I'm starting to feel better about the results and thinking it would be nice to eventually make something for my efforts. To that end, I might start looking into printing them locally (McKinney, TX) but I have a little ways to go yet with the files. They need to be as good as I'm able to make them before I would want to ask anything for them. In the meantime, here is a family photo of all the 4 liter variants.

slilley (10-05-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Randy, the only way this reasonably works for me if I can print one locally, please remember the forum is international in nature, not all of us live in the US, TBH it make no sense for me to have this printed in Texas to be shipped to Canada.

Let me know if this is going to part of the plan, a hi-res image file suitable for printing a 30x40 inch poster.

Cheers!

Last edited by Westcoast; 10-04-2021 at 08:01 PM.
P-car-Vancouver (10-05-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Randy, the only way this reasonably works for me if I can print one locally, please remember the forum is international in nature, not all of us live in the US, TBH it make no sense for me to have this printed in Texas to be shipped to Canada.

Let me know if this is going to part of the plan, a hi-res image file suitable for printing a 30x40 inch poster.

Cheers!
That is the preferred route to be honest at this point so no worries there. I will look into printing locally and shipping for those who want to go that route also. But It's still very much a work in progress and I want to add more options people want and get better color representations. It bothers me that the correct wheel is not on the GTS versions so I'm in the process of 3D modeling those and plan to photo match it into the image. That is closer to my skillset comfort zone than photoshop, but it's quite a process to make it seamless. And those wheels have a lot of details to get just right, along with different profiles front vs rear.

Last edited by Randy_B; 10-04-2021 at 08:50 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Randy_B:
Alpha Ice (10-05-2021), P-car-Vancouver (10-05-2021), Westcoast (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 09:26 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Large format as @West Coast implied is a whole different animal. But large files are not easily emailed, although I think your sizes should be fine.
It looks like you have some decent printers in your area… Print Art looks like a capable choice.
I’m spit balling some pricing here, but a one time digital print (technically a high quality color copy) batch order of multiple pages (meaning various owners versions) on 12 x18 cut size (or up to 13 x19 too) on a nice 100# gloss cover weight gloss paper stock should be somewhere around $1.5 - $2.00 each (depending on total quantity, I’m guessing 50-75? You might even want to price and print 2-3 each order since it won’t add much).
No trimming needed, just ship them untrimmed in a Uline stay flat for another buck.
You do the sorting and packing, take to post office and mail first class for approx. $10.00. Each in CONUS, maybe even Canada too for a little more.

Anything larger than 13 x19 would be cost prohibitive to print with all the different variations

What’s a fair price to Venmo or pay pal you? Around $30.00 or so?
I didn’t try to add up the interested parties and who knows what size they want.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Large format as @West Coast implied is a whole different animal. But large files are not easily emailed, although I think your sizes should be fine.
It looks like you have some decent printers in your area… Print Art looks like a capable choice.
I’m spit balling some pricing here, but a one time digital print (technically a high quality color copy) batch order of multiple pages (meaning various owners versions) on 12 x18 cut size (or up to 13 x19 too) on a nice 100# gloss cover weight gloss paper stock should be somewhere around $1.5 - $2.00 each (depending on total quantity, I’m guessing 50-75? You might even want to price and print 2-3 each order since it won’t add much).
No trimming needed, just ship them untrimmed in a Uline stay flat for another buck.
You do the sorting and packing, take to post office and mail first class for approx. $10.00. Each in CONUS, maybe even Canada too for a little more.

Anything larger than 13 x19 would be cost prohibitive to print with all the different variations

What’s a fair price to Venmo or pay pal you? Around $30.00 or so?
I didn’t try to add up the interested parties and who knows what size they want.
I think most of us want as close to our specific cars as possible. I also have no doubt that most of us are willing to pay for the file to get printed ourselves.

Ron
The following 2 users liked this post by ronbauer:
P-car-Vancouver (10-05-2021), StilettoPat (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 11:58 AM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronbauer
I think most of us want as close to our specific cars as possible. I also have no doubt that most of us are willing to pay for the file to get printed ourselves.

Ron
Just to be clear, yes, it’s your car and your color with whatever else that Randy offers that matches your model.
This would be printed in a group batch with my GT Silver Spyder and everyone else’s orders.

This is only a suggestion to get a print of my Spyder delivered to my door that I can then have framed and Randy gets rewarded for his efforts.

Like any suggestion, it’s up to him as to what he wants to do. Maybe just sending the file for a small charge is the best option because of everyone’s opinions on the final size they want.
But like anything, the devil’s always in the details… Dropbox might be required to setup if the final file is large and Randy might have to convert to a pdf (the general standard).
He can weigh all of the options and make his decision.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:19 PM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

I would be willing to pay $30 for a drawing of my car in my spec. I only want the highest quality PNG, JPG or PSD and have no interest in a print. I plan to use the drawing as a computer wallpaper background, and possibly work with a digital artist to use it as a foundation to create something custom for my personal use.

Last edited by nothingman; 10-06-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cutaway Drawings