Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 09:52 AM
jdedeux
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish
If money is no object and you've gotta have it now, then sure, a $100k markup may be worth it. But there are a lot of reasons not to go that high.

A. At over $250k, you're starting to get into lightly used exotics that are a lot more car than the GT4RS.
B. Even with the GT3 feeding frenzy, there are numerous examples of cars at $100k+ markups failing to meet reserve in auctions or sitting on a dealer lot for 3+ months. $100k (70% markup!) is really pushing it for the GT4RS.
C. If value retention is what you're after, you don't wanna be the person paying near peak markups. If you have to have it now, and the premium doesn't bother you then maybe.
D. Interest rates rising and bull market slowing down will slow down a bit of buying activity. GT car buyers are not super sensitive to this, but some people only use 'play' money for these cars and if that pot of money contracts, they don't buy toys.

I suspect that initial markups are very high because a lot of customers believe that this initial batch of MY22 cars is all that is ever going to be made. When more people realize that there'll be more cars than that, and a few other GT products hit the streets, it should cool things off a bit. I think there'll be markups in most markets for the entire GT4RS run, but I don't think $100k markups are sustainable. Maybe $30-60k.
All great points! you are 100% correct that the premium now is dictated by the uncertainty about inventory in the next 1-2 years. It's certainly what's driving my bad thinking...in some ways, i come here to have someone talk me off the ledge
Old 04-19-2022, 12:03 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by SphinxRacing
I'll throw my experience on the pile. Never owned a P-car and don't own a "competing" car either. Dealer took my deposit on the car at MSRP the week it was revealed. Told me that since I don't have a pre-existing relationship with the dealership or Porsche, I'm in the back of whatever waiting line they end up with (I have a tangential relationship to the sales manager). His request, which is a reasonable one, is not to buy a car and then put it up on BAT to flip, but rather to sell it back to them. I told him that I didn't want to take delivery before Jan 1 anyway, in case that is helpful to him in managing allocations. Wont be the end of the world if I never get a car, but I sure hope it works out.

And yes, I do plan to track my car occasionally. I have a dedicated race car already, but would love to run this car in a few track days.
Plenty of us would love to just keep these forever aND wouldn't mind selling back to the dealer if necessary; at least I would if I could get MSRP
The following 4 users liked this post by josephr25:
Fast-Eddie (04-20-2022), Mdiesel64 (04-19-2022), RolloGigolo (04-20-2022), SphinxRacing (04-21-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 06:43 PM
Axis
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 41 Posts

Dealer called me yesterday and said they just recieved an allocation that will be a my23. I put down my deposit and was first on the list about 1 year ago before the official annoucement but I had already heard the clubsports would be getting the gt3 cup motors. First time buying a new car from this dealer but they only do msrp and I believe local sales get priority. Will probably trade in my 2016 gt4 as well, apparentley this will be their only allocation this year. Now the hard part is deciding whether to go pts or not, I'm still not 100% sold on the weissach package looks wise except the intakes and alcantara dash.
The following users liked this post:
JBM718GTS (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 07:03 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Axis
Dealer called me yesterday and said they just recieved an allocation that will be a my23. I put down my deposit and was first on the list about 1 year ago before the official annoucement but I had already heard the clubsports would be getting the gt3 cup motors. First time buying a new car from this dealer but they only do msrp and I believe local sales get priority. Will probably trade in my 2016 gt4 as well, apparentley this will be their only allocation this year. Now the hard part is deciding whether to go pts or not, I'm still not 100% sold on the weissach package looks wise except the intakes and alcantara dash.
Is the allocation they're giving you actually in the system yet? I'm waiting for allocations to get into the system as are a few others in this thread.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Axis
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Is the allocation they're giving you actually in the system yet? I'm waiting for allocations to get into the system as are a few others in this thread.
Not in the system yet. To be more accurate, they told me they had just spoken with their pcna rep that they would have the allocation in the next couple of weeks and were giving me a heads up so I can decide on my spec.
The following 2 users liked this post by Axis:
Itzkirb (04-19-2022), JBM718GTS (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 08:17 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Not in the system yet. To be more accurate, they told me they had just spoken with their pcna rep that they would have the allocation in the next couple of weeks and were giving me a heads up so I can decide on my spec.

Those are build slots......PAG has been handing the build slots (dealers more or less know what the may get) but dealers can't match one with a configuration just yet....not sure if this new process is driven by the parts shortage.
The following users liked this post:
Axis (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 08:46 PM
Mdiesel64
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Interested to know if this is a NY dealer based on your location and if so, which one. Figured all NY dealers would be charging an ADM.. Mind PM'ing me the location if you don't mind? I won't be calling and asking for one.. just curiosity... especially since my NY dealer still has not called me with my buildable allocation yet.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:52 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

When I was shopping for a GT3rs 3 years ago, Porsche Monmouth called me and they'er in NY. They did not charge ADM then, but just the 9k dealer platinum package option. Something like wheel and tire and paint protect and some other trash. So basically 9k adm lol

Old 04-19-2022, 10:01 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64
Interested to know if this is a NY dealer based on your location and if so, which one. Figured all NY dealers would be charging an ADM.. Mind PM'ing me the location if you don't mind? I won't be calling and asking for one.. just curiosity... especially since my NY dealer still has not called me with my buildable allocation yet.

this guy has 16 posts, and sounds like he is living in a parallel universe. I fact I just connected with the parallel universe and even they have a 75-100K ADM on their GT4RS builds 🤪😜😝
Old 04-19-2022, 10:03 PM
KOTB
Banned

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
When I was shopping for a GT3rs 3 years ago, Porsche Monmouth called me and they'er in NY. They did not charge ADM then, but just the 9k dealer platinum package option. Something like wheel and tire and paint protect and some other trash. So basically 9k adm lol
So, let me get this straight! Porsche Monmouth called and begged you to buy a new 2019 GT3RS for sticker in 2019?
Old 04-20-2022, 03:36 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KOTB
So, let me get this straight! Porsche Monmouth called and begged you to buy a new 2019 GT3RS for sticker in 2019?
Yeah he offered via email and called me pal on Christmas eve 2018.

Eat crow buddy. I don't know how that is hard to believe...

If you really want to not believe even more, I got offered a brand new 2018 gt3 in june/july 2019 for 35k UNDER sticker (175k, so 140k) that had been sitting on the lot for almost a year in california where I live (red/pccb/manual/lwb), u want to eat some crow on that one as well?

Old 04-20-2022, 03:39 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Spec for you as well troll. I ended up going with my miami blue custom build i got here in LA instead.

Old 04-20-2022, 07:56 AM
KOTB
Banned

Yeah he offered via email and called me pal on Christmas eve 2018.

Eat crow buddy. I don't know how that is hard to believe...

If you really want to not believe even more, I got offered a brand new 2018 gt3 in june/july 2019 for 35k UNDER sticker (175k, so 140k) that had been sitting on the lot for almost a year in california where I live (red/pccb/manual/lwb), u want to eat some crow on that one as well?
Spec for you as well troll. I ended up going with my miami blue custom build i got here in LA instead.

wow, have to say that misleading people is a form of art …you definitely have a job on Russian state TV with your name on it! Lmfao … show us some more emails and build sheet! Can’t wait!
Old 04-20-2022, 12:21 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
wow, have to say that misleading people is a form of art …you definitely have a job on Russian state TV with your name on it! Lmfao … show us some more emails and build sheet! Can’t wait!
I could believe a RS in 2020 for MSRP. My local dealer had 2 used ones for slightly under or at MSRP, I half way regret not picking up one of them at the time...but I wanted a Clubsport more and thats what I bought.

LOL but 35k off sticker on a 2018 GT3? Nah theres no ****ing way I believe that, not even a little.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:45 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
I could believe a RS in 2020 for MSRP. My local dealer had 2 used ones for slightly under or at MSRP, I half way regret not picking up one of them at the time...but I wanted a Clubsport more and thats what I bought.

LOL but 35k off sticker on a 2018 GT3? Nah theres no ****ing way I believe that, not even a little.
Used, 2yrs old in 2020, were 35k under MSRP.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ksdaoski:
josephr25 (04-20-2022), welikethetrack (04-20-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread