Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 09:56 PM
sleepin'gt
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Apologies for long post, I’m working out a deal with my dealer on an allocation, I’m interested to hear other’s thoughts on this and what you’d do in this case.

I’ve been on their list for a later year 4RS since the reveal date, reason being I always preferred later MYs on cars I want to keep, and also I have my 991.1 3RS to drive while waiting potentially for ADMs to drop a bit. They sorta assured me I’d get one, so after waiting this long just received the call on the opportunity of a MY24 or MY25, but I gotta make a decision on which route.

For a confirmed MY24 allocation, they can get me a PTS and CXX slot (which I def want to spec my own car, I’m like an all or nothing guy) but I’d have to trade in my 3RS. After some back and forth, the total ADM with below market value trade add up to about 40k, they’re willing to give back 5k in store credit and put me at top of list for a 992.2 GT product (which there still may be a reasonable ADM then but I can keep my 4RS). They said that’s the best they can do due to it’s a PTS & CXX slot, which I didn’t know is that much of a premium (1st time ordering new Pcar), they can do much better on a normal allocation but I prefer going all out on this.

If I go with MY25, it’s likely to be 6+ months out for build (not a big deal), they are willing to work ADM further down a bit to adjust for MY price increase, but they can’t guarantee PTS and CXX on a future allocation but will try to get it, I’m told this depends on availability of factory at the time of allocation. Apparently they will only get 1 allocation eligible for PTS and CXX for this car in one MY and sometimes none at all, don’t know how true this is but sounds believable as they don’t get as much allocations like other bigger dealers, they got no PTS for MY23 and only 1 for MY24 which they are offering me.

The main thing for MY25 I’ve read is all MY25 4RS/SRS/3RS is getting an update to engine crankcase vacuum system to comply with new emissions, Porsche haven’t said anything publicly about this so I did some digging but can’t find any good details on the change and whether it’ll have any positive/negative impact on engine performance. Anyone have good insight on the change? If it somehow benefits the engine it might justify the MY price increase and wait a bit longer.

I’m fairly close to the GM and Sales Manager at the dealer, known them before they moved to Porsche, and i’ve bought 2 cars from the dealer before including my beloved 3RS, but this will be the first new Pcar ordered from them. As nice as they are they do tend to lowball trades, and tbh I kinda expected a better ADM at this point, but the best I can negotiate to now is this for MY24 unless I go to MY25, but really not sure about the emissions update and whether it’s good or not.

Am I pushing it too much or is there still room to negotiate further? What do you think and which MY would you go for? Any input is appreciated!

Last edited by sleepin'gt; 07-05-2024 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2024, 10:34 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepin'gt
Apologies for long post, I’m working out a deal with my dealer on an allocation, I’m interested to hear other’s thoughts on this and what you’d do in this case.

I’ve been on their list for a later year 4RS since the reveal date, reason being I always preferred later MYs on cars I want to keep, and also I have my 991.1 3RS to drive while waiting potentially for ADMs to drop a bit. They sorta assured me I’d get one, so after waiting this long just received the call on the opportunity of a MY24 or MY25, but I gotta make a decision on which route.

For a confirmed MY24 allocation, they can get me a PTS and CXX slot (which I def want to spec my own car, I’m like an all or nothing guy) but I’d have to trade in my 3RS. After some back and forth, the total ADM with below market value trade add up to about 40k, they’re willing to give back 5k in store credit and put me at top of list for a 992.2 GT product (which there still may be a reasonable ADM then but I can keep my 4RS). They said that’s the best they can do due to it’s a PTS & CXX slot, which I didn’t know is that much of a premium (1st time ordering new Pcar), they can do much better on a normal allocation but I prefer going all out on this.

If I go with MY25, it’s likely to be 6+ months out for build (not a big deal), they are willing to work ADM further down a bit to adjust for MY price increase, but they can’t guarantee PTS and CXX on a future allocation but will try to get it, I’m told this depends on availability of factory at the time of allocation. Apparently they will only get 1 allocation eligible for PTS and CXX for this car in one MY and sometimes none at all, don’t know how true this is but sounds believable as they don’t get as much allocations like other bigger dealers, they got no PTS for MY23 and only 1 for MY24 which they are offering me.

The main thing for MY25 I’ve read is all MY25 4RS/SRS/3RS is getting an update to engine crankcase vacuum system to comply with new emissions, Porsche haven’t said anything publicly about this so I did some digging but can’t find any good details on the change and whether it’ll have any positive/negative impact on engine performance. Anyone have good insight on the change? If it somehow benefits the engine it might justify the MY price increase and wait a bit longer.

I’m fairly close to the GM and Sales Manager at the dealer, known them before they moved to Porsche, and i’ve bought 2 cars from the dealer before including my beloved 3RS, but this will be the first new Pcar ordered from them. As nice as they are they do tend to lowball trades, and tbh I kinda expected a better ADM at this point, but the best I can negotiate to now is this for MY24 unless I go to MY25, but really not sure about the emissions update and whether it’s good or not.

Am I pushing it too much or is there still room to negotiate further? What do you think and which MY would you go for? Any input is appreciated!
This post is WAY too long to read, and nobody can possibly advise you on it
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:03 PM
GTQ4_RS
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

If PTS is important to you then I would get the 24. Why risk it not knowing you'll get it on the 25.
Mike981S (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:14 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 701 Posts

Get the 24.
For a special car like this, 24 vs 25 doesn’t matter.

PTS and CXX are more valuable than having a car just one year newer, and any further changes to the engine particulate filters are likely to be worse than what is currently being manufactured.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drifting:
HelpMeHelpU (07-06-2024), Mike981S (07-06-2024), Odin (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:19 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

Seems kinda odd they still have PTS when others got denied PTS for MY24 when they originally were accepted. Just an FYI. I got a PTS MY24 but other members here got them rejected after originally accepted.
Mike981S (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:54 PM
Journeyman73
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Seems kinda odd they still have PTS when others got denied PTS for MY24 when they originally were accepted. Just an FYI. I got a PTS MY24 but other members here got them rejected after originally accepted.
yes, Ive heard MY24 is an impossibility at this point
HelpMeHelpU (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:56 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Journeyman73
yes, Ive heard MY24 is an impossibility at this point
I've also been told that PTS is done for MY25
(813) 838-8758
RUF RS (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 12:00 AM
Journeyman73
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
seriously, already??
Old 07-06-2024, 12:02 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 764 Likes on 379 Posts

PTS is available for 2025.

You just have to be the correct person
Old 07-06-2024, 12:02 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 764 Likes on 379 Posts

PTS is available for 2025.

You just have to be the correct person

I am not that person.
Old 07-06-2024, 12:35 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Meant 2024, sorry! Typing on my phone.
The following 2 users liked this post by bpeacock:
Journeyman73 (07-06-2024), Mike981S (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 03:53 AM
sleepin'gt
Track Day

Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by GTQ4_RS
If PTS is important to you then I would get the 24. Why risk it not knowing you'll get it on the 25.
Mostly because they are set on the ADM for the 24 with PTS and CXX, and seem to be willing to come down for 25, they’re telling me there’s still good chance they can get 1 PTS slot for 25, but I’m unsure about the 25 crankcase changes whether its worth the risk for a small discount vs 24.

Originally Posted by Drifting
Get the 24.
For a special car like this, 24 vs 25 doesn’t matter.

PTS and CXX are more valuable than having a car just one year newer, and any further changes to the engine particulate filters are likely to be worse than what is currently being manufactured.
Right for sure, and it seems the general feeling toward the crankcase ventilation update isn’t a positive one, but from what I researched it shouldn’t affect engine performance, funny my dealer has no idea what the change is about at all… spoke to tech about it and gave me no useful info I can share

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I think it’s an older allocation that previous guy backed out of, not sure, but dealer said they checked with their contact in charge for PTS & CXX and confirmed this allocation to be eligible, let’s hope he’s right and not end up rejected after I decide to go with this build slot, that would suck big time.
Old 07-06-2024, 07:48 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I think it’s an older allocation that previous guy backed out of, not sure, but dealer said they checked with their contact in charge for PTS & CXX and confirmed this allocation to be eligible, let’s hope he’s right and not end up rejected after I decide to go with this build slot, that would suck big time.
Yes, you better check. PTS slots lock way in advance. Like 4-5 months before build. At least that’s been historically the situation.

Never heard of CXX slot. You get an allocation and ask about special wishes. Think the minimum is $25K. Again, CXX process takes a long time.

If it’s a MY24 I don’t think you’re going to get a different PTS color or CXX options
The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
HelpMeHelpU (07-06-2024), Mike981S (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 08:14 AM
sleepin'gt
Track Day

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Yes, you better check. PTS slots lock way in advance. Like 4-5 months before build. At least that’s been historically the situation.

Never heard of CXX slot. You get an allocation and ask about special wishes. Think the minimum is $25K. Again, CXX process takes a long time.

If it’s a MY24 I don’t think you’re going to get a different PTS color or CXX options
Darn, now it’s a case of whether believing the dealer for MY24 or taking the chance with them on MY25 hoping they can secure a PTS slot out of their less than a handful MY25 allocations…

It’s bizarre how they’re so confident telling me PTS & CXX is a go for the MY24 slot if that’s not the case. Good thing I checked with RL before committing…

As for CXX slot, what they described to me is PTS & CXX are two departments with different availability, if CXX doesn’t have the slot available they would not consider your requests, both PTS & CXX have to match in time with the allocation for them all to be possible, words from the sales manager. I’m unsure however if this is what really happens as I originally thought like you CXX is just something you ask for after granted an allocation..
Mike981S (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 10:49 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

As for CXX slot, what they described to me is PTS & CXX are two departments with different availability, if CXX doesn’t have the slot available they would not consider your requests, both PTS & CXX have to match in time with the allocation for them all to be possible, words from the sales manager. I’m unsure however if this is what really happens as I originally thought like you CXX is just something you ask for after granted an allocation..
Think we’re saying the same thing re CXX. Get the allocation, discuss your desires. See if they are approved and scheduled.

Re PTS. Secure the allocation, get it in writing. You’ll know right away what happens. Allocation will move below V200 as PAG looks at it. See if it gets approved. Report back
The following 3 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
HelpMeHelpU (07-06-2024), Journeyman73 (07-06-2024), Mike981S (07-06-2024)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread