Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 12:19 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 352 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by undefinederror
regular 4RS

For what it's worth I have 4RS allocations for 35-50k over MSRP.
(813) 838-8758
Old 02-08-2024, 01:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,004 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by undefinederror
the dealership i bought two 911 from told me the ADM is 75K….
my budget is 30K, feel like MA is the second worst place to buy enthusiast car
Tell them the $75k ADM ship has sailed a long time ago.
The following 3 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
bpeacock (02-08-2024), Mike981S (02-08-2024), rwm (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 01:48 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Tell them the $75k ADM ship has sailed a long time ago.
This! I paid $50k ADM back in May last year in a high ADM market area. I would guess now the ADM would be closer to 25/30k if you can get an allocation, though one of the SAs (not mine) at my local dealership said that they are still at 100k back in December. I was just minding my own thoughts when he said that .
Old 02-09-2024, 07:45 AM
EXFIB
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 41 Posts

Finally after relentless searching, numerous offers, abusive lowball trade-in offers for my beautiful GT4, I secured an allocation yesterday surprisingly to a local area dealer that I had been doggin' for a year. I traded in my 2023 GT4 to him and felt it to be a fair deal all the way around. The ADM was tolerable. I built a fairly loaded spec (WP, stripe, buckets, PCCB's, etc) exactly as I wanted it with a May build slot. The dealer was happy to see the allocation stay local and I am sure he was thrilled to take in my trade. I agreed ( not forced) to finance the difference for a few months. It is a win win in my ability to rationalize anything mind.😂💕💕

I have been like an OCD Pitbull on my mission to get a GT4RS from the first time I saw one at the track. I hope to use the car as a daily and as a lite track car (3-5 times a year.)
​​​​​Now the wait begins but from what the dealer said, the car should arrive by July. I am just thrilled!
The following 13 users liked this post by EXFIB:
Airbag997 (02-09-2024), Brainofjjj (02-09-2024), EHP Racing (02-09-2024), electron mike (02-09-2024), HelpMeHelpU (02-11-2024), jmjacarn (02-09-2024), Juggy (02-09-2024), Mike981S (02-09-2024), Porsche2014 (02-10-2024), RUF RS (02-09-2024), studiotsang (02-09-2024), sunnyr (02-09-2024), TOporschefan (02-09-2024) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-09-2024, 08:05 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Congratulations! I am sure that you will love it!
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 09:02 AM
Finmac
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EXFIB
Finally after relentless searching, numerous offers, abusive lowball trade-in offers for my beautiful GT4, I secured an allocation yesterday surprisingly to a local area dealer that I had been doggin' for a year. I traded in my 2023 GT4 to him and felt it to be a fair deal all the way around. The ADM was tolerable. I built a fairly loaded spec (WP, stripe, buckets, PCCB's, etc) exactly as I wanted it with a May build slot. The dealer was happy to see the allocation stay local and I am sure he was thrilled to take in my trade. I agreed ( not forced) to finance the difference for a few months. It is a win win in my ability to rationalize anything mind.😂💕💕

I have been like an OCD Pitbull on my mission to get a GT4RS from the first time I saw one at the track. I hope to use the car as a daily and as a lite track car (3-5 times a year.)
​​​​​Now the wait begins but from what the dealer said, the car should arrive by July. I am just thrilled!
well done! Out of interest did you have to take the matching RS Chronograph watch as part of the deal?
Old 02-09-2024, 09:38 AM
EXFIB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Finmac
well done! Out of interest did you have to take the matching RS Chronograph watch as part of the deal?
It was in fact offered to me but I declined. I wanted to put any add-on monies to the wheel and tire plus a service plan. Oddly the wheel and tire plans were unavailable on the RS ( non magnesium) but hopefully that was just a glitch. The watch looks nice but not really my style.

Last edited by EXFIB; 02-09-2024 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:44 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,331 Likes on 2,464 Posts

I've bought four GT cars at MSRP from my dealer, and several other Porsches as MSRP or less (new cars) or the standard used car price. I was never asked to buy any extras like watches, and would be offended if I was asked. Even though I'm not a watch guy, I'd like to buy watches matched to the cars if they weren't overpriced.
Airbag997 (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 11:31 AM
EHP Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats! Was there any mention of PTS? I’ve been hearing some talks regarding PTS not being available anymore due to Porsche having a huge backlog they need to catch up with. A buddy of mine received a 3RS allocation without the option for PTS for this reason. The dealer told him there was a PTS slot opening in November if he wanted to wait but might get pushed back. Apparently no CCX for 2 years as well? Might be only a GT3RS thing but worth the ask.
EXFIB (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 12:50 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,489 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by EHP Racing
Congrats! Was there any mention of PTS? I’ve been hearing some talks regarding PTS not being available anymore due to Porsche having a huge backlog they need to catch up with. A buddy of mine received a 3RS allocation without the option for PTS for this reason. The dealer told him there was a PTS slot opening in November if he wanted to wait but might get pushed back. Apparently no CCX for 2 years as well? Might be only a GT3RS thing but worth the ask.
Usually towards the end of a production run Porsche stops offering PTS to not create any complications for ending production. If you want a PTS 4RS allocation I would try and find one now and bite the bullet or be ready to settle for a normal color.
RUF RS (02-14-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 01:06 PM
EXFIB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EHP Racing
The dealer told me directly that PTS and special wishes are currently unavailable. I also saw a note from another dealer in reference to an existing PTS huge ADM order on a GT3 RS that told him to pick an alternative color in the event that the pts slot that he was allocated is unavailable. I had to read it fast but that was the gist of it along with Porsche mentioning that space is extremely limited for PTS

I wanted the GT4 RS badly but I didn't want to resent the car by having to pay an exorbitant ADM, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I couldn't get an allocation from my dealer who is an MSRP only dealer. The promise that I was on the list didn't produce any results for me and I felt that the window was closing for the production of this car, hence I paid an ADM but I didn't get totally bent over. If you want one try the approach of putting some of that ADM into the things that you might be interested in purchasing anyway like a service plan or like the wheel and tire insurance. I'm searching high and low and I still can't find out if the wheel and tire package is offered on the gt4rs? I'll address it in another thread.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:16 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,489 Likes on 796 Posts

The dealer told me directly that PTS and special wishes are currently unavailable. I also saw a note from another dealer in reference to an existing PTS huge ADM order on a GT3 RS that told him to pick an alternative color in the event that the pts slot that he was allocated is unavailable. I had to read it fast but that was the gist of it along with Porsche mentioning that space is extremely limited for PTS

I wanted the GT4 RS badly but I didn't want to resent the car by having to pay an exorbitant ADM, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I couldn't get an allocation from my dealer who is an MSRP only dealer. The promise that I was on the list didn't produce any results for me and I felt that the window was closing for the production of this car, hence I paid an ADM but I didn't get totally bent over. If you want one try the approach of putting some of that ADM into the things that you might be interested in purchasing anyway like a service plan or like the wheel and tire insurance. I'm searching high and low and I still can't find out if the wheel and tire package is offered on the gt4rs? I'll address it in another thread.
It's a good call. Allocations are currently around 35-40k if you use one of the brokers or your dealer isn't "dreaming" but I have at least a half dozen friends who are ready to bite the bullet when they drop to 20k, question is if they will drop to 20k or go lower than 30k. There's a few PTS allocations floating around at 35k over as well and if you truly want PTS, I have a feeling this could be the last PTS window.
Old 02-09-2024, 02:01 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 842 Likes on 441 Posts

they'll drop to 20 when/if porsche raise base msrp by another 10k, kind of a wash lol
The following 3 users liked this post by Yc911Kid:
EXFIB (02-09-2024), Mike981S (02-09-2024), Odin (02-15-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 03:03 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
It's a good call. Allocations are currently around 35-40k if you use one of the brokers or your dealer isn't "dreaming" but I have at least a half dozen friends who are ready to bite the bullet when they drop to 20k, question is if they will drop to 20k or go lower than 30k. There's a few PTS allocations floating around at 35k over as well and if you truly want PTS, I have a feeling this could be the last PTS window.
Why would one be willing to pay $20k ADM on a $200K+ car....but NOT $30k ADM. It really makes no sense. Sometimes, you just gotta 'pay to play.' Trying to time the market on this type of purchase usual backfires. Sometimes....you just end up waiting, and waiting, and waiting while you get further priced out of the market. Sometimes, you might get lucky....but these days? Getting luck while MSRP's are going up every year, and supply chains issues still abound, etc etc etc.....is HARD. So you must ask yourself: DO you really want the CAR? Or the DEAL? Or, no car + that lame *** $10K sitting in you bank?
The following 2 users liked this post by RUF RS:
EXFIB (02-09-2024), josephr25 (02-19-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 03:07 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,331 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Why would one be willing to pay $20k ADM on a $200K+ car....but NOT $30k ADM. It really makes no sense. Sometimes, you just gotta 'pay to play.' Trying to time the market on this type of purchase usual backfires. Sometimes....you just end up waiting, and waiting, and waiting while you get further priced out of the market. Sometimes, you might get lucky....but these days? Getting luck while MSRP's are going up every year, and supply chains issues still abound, etc etc etc.....is HARD. So you must ask yourself: DO you really want the CAR? Or the DEAL? Or, no car + that lame *** $10K sitting in you bank?
Because everyone has to, and does, draw their line somewhere. It's just a car. There are lots of other things one can spend money on - other cars, and other things.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
EXFIB (02-09-2024), ToasterThief (02-09-2024)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread