Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 02:30 PM
triggermike
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badprognosis
I was contacted by my SA last week indicating they might have an August allocation if I was interested and that Porsche Canada wanted a minimum of $42,100 in options. I guess that isn't the case looking at your build sheet.
This is not the case, Porsche Canada isnt wanting the options it's the dealer. the dealers all want to be "Porsche premier" stores and they need to put cars out with lots of options to acquire this status. plus when you have a car like the SRS they will give the cars to people they can make the most money on, or who ever specs the big expensive options. My short story is this. Not a Porsche customer but worked in the car business for 12 years at a high level and know all the guys at the Porsche store and worked/trained some of them when they got started in the business. because they cant charge ADM in Canada they require something else from you to get the allocation, unless you have bought lots of cars from them. In my case it was to purchase a cayenne. they also tried to force me to put a WP in the car and buy the watch and I flat out refused. my car originally didnt have ceramic brakes because I dont need them and wanted red calibers to match the car. so my car would have had about 10k in options. when I refused the WP and the watch they said ok but you need to put something else in the car. So I opted for ceramics as they are expensive and satisfy the dealer and I think they are cool regardless if I need them or not. so it sounds like they are asking you to put 42k in options in the car and thats their ADM.....

Last edited by triggermike; 03-26-2024 at 02:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 05:32 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 252 Posts

30k in options as the only requirement sounds like a deal..wouldn’t pass that up if I were you.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlee504:
Ferrarisimo (03-26-2024), Mike981S (03-27-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 06:46 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by triggermike
This is not the case, Porsche Canada isnt wanting the options it's the dealer. the dealers all want to be "Porsche premier" stores and they need to put cars out with lots of options to acquire this status. plus when you have a car like the SRS they will give the cars to people they can make the most money on, or who ever specs the big expensive options. My short story is this. Not a Porsche customer but worked in the car business for 12 years at a high level and know all the guys at the Porsche store and worked/trained some of them when they got started in the business. because they cant charge ADM in Canada they require something else from you to get the allocation, unless you have bought lots of cars from them. In my case it was to purchase a cayenne. they also tried to force me to put a WP in the car and buy the watch and I flat out refused. my car originally didnt have ceramic brakes because I dont need them and wanted red calibers to match the car. so my car would have had about 10k in options. when I refused the WP and the watch they said ok but you need to put something else in the car. So I opted for ceramics as they are expensive and satisfy the dealer and I think they are cool regardless if I need them or not. so it sounds like they are asking you to put 42k in options in the car and thats their ADM.....
My initial response was that I couldn't configure a build with the amount in options even with WP included. He came back suggesting submitting a build at my desired option level even if less than what they are asking and see what the response is. I did submit a PTS build as I'm not overly excited by the standard colours but he wasn't sure if PTS would be possible. I'm also not committed to the SRS as I'm very happy with my "regular" MT Spyder. I'm fortunate enough to never have driven/sat in/heard the GT3 engine to know what I'd be missing.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:11 PM
triggermike
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My initial response was that I couldn't configure a build with the amount in options even with WP included. He came back suggesting submitting a build at my desired option level even if less than what they are asking and see what the response is. I did submit a PTS build as I'm not overly excited by the standard colours but he wasn't sure if PTS would be possible. I'm also not committed to the SRS as I'm very happy with my "regular" MT Spyder. I'm fortunate enough to never have driven/sat in/heard the GT3 engine to know what I'd be missing.
Sounds like they are collecting builds from various customers before deciding who they will give the allocation to
Old 03-26-2024, 07:41 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by triggermike
Sounds like they are collecting builds from various customers before deciding who they will give the allocation to
Unfortunately a lot of industries do this. Think of it as shopping around for a better price just in reverse. It can be annoying but it goes both ways, live by the sword die by the sword. 🤷‍♂️
Frank1119 (03-26-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 12:27 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 567 Likes on 313 Posts

My initial response was that I couldn't configure a build with the amount in options even with WP included.
My first SRS config had $30k in options. I decided to add mag wheels, PCCB, and, of course, needed the black calipers. That added almost another $30k
Old 03-27-2024, 01:01 AM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 85 Posts

Does anyone have a production breakdown buy colour? I know it's posted but can't seem to find it. 🤷‍♂️
seefouress (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 10:10 AM
Vanceman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When your contact is ready to sell these please post it. From previous posts it looks like there are several people who would like to have different colors.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:50 PM
ProtechpartsEU
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

we have original gt4 exhaust tips in stock if anyone needs
protechpartseu.com
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I’m only doing WP in order to get PTS. Otherwise, I would have skipped WP as I too prefer the leather dash over the WP race Tex dashboard.
I asked how much to change back to leather. Let’s just say I hope to find one from LA Parts Dismantler, get it recovered with proper stitching, and hang the race-Tex one up in the garage. The pricing was that of a beat up 996.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:57 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I'm going to be in the HUGE minority on this, but for me personally, PTS has lost its desire. I have owned two PTS Spyders... 2012 987.2 in Riviera Blue (1 of 4 PTS in the NA), 2016 981 in Sport Classic Grey (1 of 2 globally and 1 of 22 PTS in the NA). Prior it was way cheaper and way more rare. If you got PTS it was like winning the Porsche lottery. Since, Porsche has expanded quantities dramatically and raised the price more and more... You pay more for something less rare than prior. Before you truly had something no one else did. Now it's not the case. Also hate the fact Porsche has replicated popular PTS colors within the inline colors... example, sport classic to chalk, voodoo to shark, Ruby Star to Ruby Star Neo and now the latest, Oak green to oak green Neo. Sure they aren't 100% the same but so damn close. Not a good feeling to pay the premium for something you thought was special to only be offered in abundance to everyone else. As mentioned I know I will be in the huge minority regarding this topic, but it's the reason I won't order another PTS. On the flip side I do enjoy seeing them though.

Couldn't agree more. You'e absolutely right. They "BURNED" too many legendary PTS colors.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Do you still have your 981 Spyder? Have any pics handy of it in Sport Classic Grey?

She's still with me...

The 2of2 that navanod mentioned. How many pictures would you like?

n4v4nod (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 10:58 PM
carswithnoah
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 28 Posts

Has anyone successfully removed a Sirius XM wart? I apparently didn’t realize this was a thing while ordering my car and now deeply regret not ticking that random $0 box lol. I assume the rear decklid is drilled through. Maybe even some sort of plug if that exists?
Old 03-28-2024, 11:01 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 514 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by carswithnoah
Has anyone successfully removed a Sirius XM wart? I apparently didn’t realize this was a thing while ordering my car and now deeply regret not ticking that random $0 box lol. I assume the rear decklid is drilled through. Maybe even some sort of plug if that exists?
I have to imagine there’s a solution.

I saw some interesting stuff at the link below. Dive in! Please let us know the best solutions you may find.

<https://www.google.com/search?q=porsche+wart+plug+antenna&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en>
Old 03-28-2024, 11:03 PM
carswithnoah
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
I have to imagine there’s a solution.

I saw some interesting stuff at the link below. Dive in! Please let us know the best solutions you may find.

<https://www.google.com/search?q=porsche+wart+plug+antenna&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en>
Ive read through a few threads so far - I might be able to tolerate it after viewing in person but we’ll see. I’ll update when I figure out what I plan on doing hahaha. Curious how many US spec cars will have them on, seen a few so far

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread