Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 04:02 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pgap718
No idea, nobody really knew.. Get this, production starts September 1st. When I originally got my build it was supposed to start in mid August and go a few weeks so running into the beginning of September. My SA has heard something about the two natural leather options adding a month and I got the Burmester which "supposedly" added more time. In the end nothing could be confirmed. I hope it wasn't sitting in port and instead was in of of those large simple warehouses. I didn't get updates about it being on the way and arriving to port until the end of January but the three TYD showed and still shown Nov 27 & 28. I'm going to be really ticked off of the interior is Maury. And smells. I'm also concerned about fluids just sitting and tired getting flat spots. My dealership knows so I'm hoping after leading Emden and being inspected in Freeport that PoCS will catch anything. I'm going to really be critical if I accept it or not but I'm optimistic it'll be okay!
My production is scheduled to begin April 10 finish May 5 delivery August 21.
My SA says delivery dates are usually off - should be delivered in June. Hopefully this is true.
Exterior same color Aventurine - had to go Black for interior since Brown is discontinued since November.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:10 PM
s182
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by yellolab
Black would be third choice(the black wheel/black tire/dark gentian kinda disappears in all but bright sun). Or maybe fourth, as If I was very brave, the gold in interesting/different if your personality is more "look at me".
When I went to check out the bucket seats at dealer today they had a Gentian Blue Boxster with the Platinum wheels. The pictures and build tool do not do them justice. Glad I saw them in person as Satin Platinum will be my choice now for my build.
The following users liked this post:
yellolab (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 04:40 PM
MezgerFan
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Satin Platinum will look great with Gentian.

What did you think of the buckets? Which way are you going there?
Old 03-23-2024, 04:49 PM
s182
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

As much as I love the looks and the idea of the buckets, I just can't get myself to get them. If I did get them, I would get the brackets to 'recline' them a bit. I was pretty tempted by them until I tried to get out while holding my jacket in my hand. I didn't track the Boxster S I've had for previous 10 years and doubt my habits there will change much. The other thing that occurred to me as I was enjoying my heated seats this morning is that the buckets don't have that either. So I'm going to go with the 18 way seats. They had a spyder on the floor with 18 way seats and those just will work better for the most common use I have with my car. I'm a bit disappointed as I really like the look of the buckets. I could live without heating, but that egress is just going to be more and more annoying every year. I plan to keep this car at least 10 years as well and will be in my 60s by then, probably not wanting to deal with buckets as an every day vehicle.

Here is the "I think its final" build config - https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRH4Z844

Last edited by s182; 03-23-2024 at 04:52 PM.
Mike981S (03-25-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 05:20 PM
MezgerFan
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by s182
As much as I love the looks and the idea of the buckets, I just can't get myself to get them. If I did get them, I would get the brackets to 'recline' them a bit. I was pretty tempted by them until I tried to get out while holding my jacket in my hand. I didn't track the Boxster S I've had for previous 10 years and doubt my habits there will change much. The other thing that occurred to me as I was enjoying my heated seats this morning is that the buckets don't have that either. So I'm going to go with the 18 way seats. They had a spyder on the floor with 18 way seats and those just will work better for the most common use I have with my car. I'm a bit disappointed as I really like the look of the buckets. I could live without heating, but that egress is just going to be more and more annoying every year. I plan to keep this car at least 10 years as well and will be in my 60s by then, probably not wanting to deal with buckets as an every day vehicle.

Here is the "I think its final" build config - https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRH4Z844
Understood. Getting in and out of the buckets (without crushing the bolster) can be a chore. You will be happy with the 18-ways, they are really nice. I love the leather backrest shell (with deviated stitching) detail, very nice touch.
s182 (03-23-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 04:32 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile Big Decisions: Color and ED!

Happy Sunday everyone. Hope the early spring days are treating you well.

Got V200 confirmaiton on my Cayman GTS 4.0 a few weeks back and my build completion date is mid August with in change freeze in early June. I've got my config locked in for the most part with the exception of a few major items like exterior color. I've always liked darker metallic colors so, the current choices are Black, Jet Black or Agate Grey. I was planning to do PTS but that ship has obviously sailed. Wife and I are headed to the local dealer soon to look at samples and to make the final decision. She is partial to Jet Black because her mom's last Porsche (964 C4) was Schwarz Metallic. I am a bit concerned because I've seen pics that show prominent magenta highlights in Jet Black in direct sunlight. Also, my current fun car, E82 1M, is also black (Black Sapphire Metallic). I feel like having 2 black sports cars is just a tad too boring. I'm not Yoko or Jobs after all.

I'm going for full leather interior since I am not a huge fan of alcantara and I want ventilated seats. Also getting the extended deviated stitching but undecided on stitching color since this will need to sort of align with the exterior color. I would go Guards/Bordeaux with black exterior but most likely with chalk with Agate. I think the only open item here is whether to get the steering column wrapped or not. Current build is without but it is a $470 addition and I might just do it unless someone tells me a good reason not to. The only reason I can think of is to not continue encouraging Porsche to further "diversify" their options list.

The last big item is ED. I've requested it and am on the wait list for November. Yes, I am aware Europe won't be as much fun in early winter but wife's family is there and I quite like the quieter "over the shoulder" season there. We would spend a few days in Germany, meet the in-laws in Austria and likely head to Italy to see the sister-in-law and the kids. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do other than wait? My sales guy is pretty good and I don't know if it would help to pester Joey directly. Any advice is appreciated.

Here's the current build if you'd like a look. Again, feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Excited to be a part of the community even if only in "waiting".
Mike981S (03-25-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 06:39 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Originally Posted by NA4.0

Got V200 confirmaiton on my Cayman GTS 4.0 a few weeks back and my build completion date is mid August with in change freeze in early June. I've got my config locked in for the most part with the exception of a few major items like exterior color. I've always liked darker metallic colors so, the current choices are Black, Jet Black or Agate Grey. I was planning to do PTS but that ship has obviously sailed. Wife and I are headed to the local dealer soon to look at samples and to make the final decision. She is partial to Jet Black because her mom's last Porsche (964 C4) was Schwarz Metallic. I am a bit concerned because I've seen pics that show prominent magenta highlights in Jet Black in direct sunlight. Also, my current fun car, E82 1M, is also black (Black Sapphire Metallic). I feel like having 2 black sports cars is just a tad too boring. I'm not Yoko or Jobs after all.

I'm going for full leather interior since I am not a huge fan of alcantara and I want ventilated seats. Also getting the extended deviated stitching but undecided on stitching color since this will need to sort of align with the exterior color. I would go Guards/Bordeaux with black exterior but most likely with chalk with Agate. I think the only open item here is whether to get the steering column wrapped or not. Current build is without but it is a $470 addition and I might just do it unless someone tells me a good reason not to. The only reason I can think of is to not continue encouraging Porsche to further "diversify" their options list.

The last big item is ED. I've requested it and am on the wait list for November. Yes, I am aware Europe won't be as much fun in early winter but wife's family is there and I quite like the quieter "over the shoulder" season there. We would spend a few days in Germany, meet the in-laws in Austria and likely head to Italy to see the sister-in-law and the kids. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do other than wait? My sales guy is pretty good and I don't know if it would help to pester Joey directly. Any advice is appreciated.

Here's the current build if you'd like a look. Again, feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Pretty close to my configuration. Went with Aventurine for color. It is close to Agate Grey in the shade but the green comes out in the sun.
For the leather column my SA said that since the interior is black you would not see much difference.
I also added the electric steering column.
NA4.0 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 06:42 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Aventurine was on my shortlist but not the wife’s. C’est la vie.

What are your thoughts on the electric steering column? I am going to be the only one driving the car and that seems to be a set it and forget it thing.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:51 PM
neteng101
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

What are your thoughts on the electric steering column? I am going to be the only one driving the car and that seems to be a set it and forget it thing.
I'd skip it - just consider leather wrapped steering column to finish off the looks!
NA4.0 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 07:43 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Originally Posted by neteng101
I'd skip it - just consider leather wrapped steering column to finish off the looks!
The electric steering is also for getting in and out. Seats and steering adjust..
NA4.0 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 07:49 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Originally Posted by jgonidec
The electric steering is also for getting in and out. Seats and steering adjust..
Ahh … good to know! I generally don’t have many issues with ingress/egress due to being Tom Cruise sized while also giving up about 30 lbs to him. I will see if the dealer has a 718 with the electric steering adjustment.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:08 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Ahh … good to know! I generally don’t have many issues with ingress/egress due to being Tom Cruise sized while also giving up about 30 lbs to him. I will see if the dealer has a 718 with the electric steering adjustment.
Sounds like me but at my age anything helps. Just sold my 981 that had the options and found it practical.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:37 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Originally Posted by jgonidec
Sounds like me but at my age anything helps. Just sold my 981 that had the options and found it practical.
After you said Aventurine, I had a nagging feeling that I "knew" your build but was thrown off by the black leather. I actually remember reading your original post and thinking that Aventurine and Espresso would be a killer combo. Sorry they pulled the Espresso before you could get the build locked.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:23 AM
pgap718
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 74 Posts

Wait...are you saying if you don't select the leather steering column option, it will make Porsche think twice?!?!
Old 03-25-2024, 09:24 AM
NA4.0
Advanced

Absolutely! I think if at least two of us (you and me)don't pay that extra $470, they might start thinking they should just include it for free in the future. I am thinking of the ones who will come after us.

jgonidec (03-25-2024)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...