Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 07:55 PM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCabriolet
Confirmed V077 - Order demand release.

I'm in OKC and dealer is small volume. I have not done business with them before, but I know a few that have. the sales manager sounds confident he will get me an allocation. We built my car, they took a non-refundable down payment and told me it will likely be fall for an allocation to comes up. Which is fine, I told him I want not looking to purchase until next year anyway. I ques I'll just wait and see. Either way, surely, they will get an allocation sometime between now and this time next year.

Thanks for the advisement, I've been following along with this thread and knew what to expect.
non refundable. I would have told them to pound sand.
Old 02-04-2024, 08:48 PM
boss2k
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm in OKC and dealer is small volume. I have not done business with them before, but I know a few that have. the sales manager sounds confident he will get me an allocation. We built my car, they took a non-refundable down payment and told me it will likely be fall for an allocation to comes up. Which is fine, I told him I want not looking to purchase until next year anyway. I ques I'll just wait and see. Either way, surely, they will get an allocation sometime between now and this time next year.

Thanks for the advisement, I've been following along with this thread and knew what to expect.
Non refundable deposit when you don't even have an allocation? How much ? Why would you do that? Chances are very slim you will get an allocation, I am waiting for more than 6 months
Old 02-04-2024, 10:43 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 434 Posts

Yesterday I put down a deposit on a BGTS 4.0 in IGM w/blue top, Graphite Blue interior w/GT Silver stitching and Carrera Sport wheels. The paper work from the dealer has a an order number, that's all I got. I admit I don't understand the whole allocation thing. Sales guy said it would be a year or so before I take delivery. But lurking on here I knew that all ready. One reason I pulled the trigger yesterday. I fell like if I waiting until next year as originally planned, there may not have been any available or I would have to consider purchasing an electric. I wanted one of possibly the last ICE machines of this caliber with one of the most iconic motors ever.

So now the wait and agonizing begins with the rest of you.
There is a strong rumor they may not make them after MY 2024... At least the GTS.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:45 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,358 Likes on 776 Posts

I bought my GT4 from OKC Porsche. Great team over there. I'm in California and they made the out of state buying experience a lot better than i was expecting. They even managed to snag me PEC LA delivery which was one of the best experiences of my life.

I'm actually in the same position as you. I placed a build order with my local dealership and they quoted me around the same. I'm currently second in line with them and the SA is confident they can get me an allocation. For me the timeline works out so i'm not bothering calling anyone else as i dont want an allocation this soon as i wouldnt be able to take it even if someone gave it to me. That being said i know theres a lot of rumors floating around about whether or not this car will be still produced into 2025, but i'll say this. When i was waiting for an allocation for my GT4, a lot of those rumors were the same, where people werent sure if there was going to be a 2023 MY or not. No official statement from Porsche. I ended up getting a 2023 MY and received my allocation in May of 2022. Took delivery Jan 2023. What we do know so far is that the strongest rumor is that the 718 will no longer be sold in EU due to some sort of restriction and i think some parts of Asia and Australia and i believe the stop date is June/July 2024. That being said theres been no official word if the GTS will stop production in 2024 for us in the US, not to mention Porsche did officially say that they will sell the 718 for 1-2 years after the announcement of the EV Cayman in 2025. Which tells me we have at least one more year of the GTS. I'm confident both you and I will get our allocations halfway through the year and we will be sitting in our new cars by Jan of 2025.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
OKCabriolet (02-05-2024), Stdenis25 (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 09:04 AM
OKCabriolet
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The deposit was for 5K and i did not know it was non-refundable until I got home and looked closer at the paper work. I mean why would the dealer take a "Non-refundable" deposit and then not get me allocation if I'm willing to wait? Like Xxyion I'm not ready to receive the car right now, but knowing how long it is taking for people to get allocation's I decided to order now and get the exact car that I want. I have no doubt that an allocation will come along at some point and I'm in no hurry. Heck, I originally was not planning on purchasing until I was 60 (i'm 58). Then came the whole EV thing and I decided I better put my order in now. like I mentioned I can wait, I'm not the most patient person but this experience will be a great exercise in being more patient. So now I have two things to look forward to, one is an allocation and two the receipt of my dream car.

Last edited by OKCabriolet; 02-05-2024 at 09:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jbentley1018 (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Stdenis25
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

The dealer is at the mercy of PCNA in terms of allocations and the dealer can decide as others have pointed out who gets what. Based on my personal experience and also inventories, demand is softening. Provided Porsche continues to produce the 4.0 GTS into 25 and maybe even 26, I think you can be reasonably confident you will get an allocation.

Good luck!
OKCabriolet (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 12:20 PM
boss2k
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

The deposit was for 5K and i did not know it was non-refundable until I got home and looked closer at the paper work. I mean why would the dealer take a "Non-refundable" deposit and then not get me allocation if I'm willing to wait? Like Xxyion I'm not ready to receive the car right now, but knowing how long it is taking for people to get allocation's I decided to order now and get the exact car that I want. I have no doubt that an allocation will come along at some point and I'm in no hurry. Heck, I originally was not planning on purchasing until I was 60 (i'm 58). Then came the whole EV thing and I decided I better put my order in now. like I mentioned I can wait, I'm not the most patient person but this experience will be a great exercise in being more patient. So now I have two things to look forward to, one is an allocation and two the receipt of my dream car.
Thats fine but you should get your money back if they cant give you an allocation , i was just questioning the non-refundable portion when you dont have an allocation
Old 02-05-2024, 12:38 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

So when i placed my deposit for 10k, the paperwork did also state that it was non-refundable. I did however have an allocation at the time. When i asked them about it, they said that if i backed out of my order this would effectively be my fee. Being from California where deposits all are required by law to be refundable, i was a bit uncomfortable with this and after talking with the SA and GM a bit they agreed to make the deposit refundable if i pulled out. I didnt so in the end it didnt matter, but they are flexible.

Like you said, i dont think you'll not receive an allocation. However what i WILL emphasize is, when it hits around June/July. Ask them for updates. Call around to other dealerships in the area and look for allocations. The reason i say this is because i believe OKC Porsche grant allocations based off of what you are willing to pay. I was a first time Porsche buyer, and it was a GT car. Most people told me i'd never get one, and yet i got one immediately. The kicker? I had to use a broker who had a relationship with them and i paid 10k over for it. I'm 100% sure they skipped me past a bunch of people due to those 2 factors.

Even with my order with my local dealership, i will be "shopping around" about the time i should be getting my allocation. I want the car more than i'm willing to have a relationship with that specific dealership and while i do think they are somewhat trustworthy, you just never know if they will bump someone ahead of me just because they are willing to pay the 10k ADM that they are asking for on the car.
OKCabriolet (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 03:49 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

In Canada, left refundable deposit in July for $1k (they were not sure about allocations but said since I am an existing customer would help.
Left another deposit of $500 at another dealer in October - they said they should get allocations Q1 or Q2 (they have 5 customers on the list and get 2-3 per quarter).
No news yet so I guess I missed Q1 since they receive allocations quarterly at the beginning of the quarter.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:55 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by jgonidec
In Canada, left refundable deposit in July for $1k (they were not sure about allocations but said since I am an existing customer would help.
Left another deposit of $500 at another dealer in October - they said they should get allocations Q1 or Q2 (they have 5 customers on the list and get 2-3 per quarter).
No news yet so I guess I missed Q1 since they receive allocations quarterly at the beginning of the quarter.
2-3 seems like quite a bit. If 6th in line then not getting a call in Q1 tracks. if they only got 2 in Q1 and only get 2 in Q2 chances are you'll see a call in Q3.

The dealership i have my order down with said they got about 5-6 allocations last year for the CGTS. So as someone who is second in line, i'm expecting a call in Q2.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:01 PM
jbentley1018
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Thats fine but you should get your money back if they cant give you an allocation , i was just questioning the non-refundable portion when you dont have an allocation
I got my money back on a non-refundable allocation early last fall when the dealership couldn't deliver on my spec. I don't believe they'll keep it if he doesn't ever get an allocation.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:02 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The 2nd dealer mentionned that they are getting more cancellations. Financial situation might have changed in the year since they put their name. This might help move up the list.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:08 PM
jbentley1018
Intermediate

Got this update today on my CGTS! My SA is checking to see if chip issue might further delay but he doesn't think it will since 718s aren't supposed to be impacted. My original TYD delivery date was 1/18, so 3 weeks later than estimated so far. My port is Houston. I'll update once it hits the dealership.
The following 3 users liked this post by jbentley1018:
kurquhart (02-06-2024), Mike981S (02-08-2024), OldJedi (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 06:42 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by jbentley1018

Got this update today on my CGTS! My SA is checking to see if chip issue might further delay but he doesn't think it will since 718s aren't supposed to be impacted. My original TYD delivery date was 1/18, so 3 weeks later than estimated so far. My port is Houston. I'll update once it hits the dealership.
congrats! When did you get your allocation? In 2022 when i was ordering my GT4, my allocation was given to me in May but i didnt get the car until Jan of 2023.
Old 02-05-2024, 10:31 PM
jbentley1018
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xxyion
congrats! When did you get your allocation? In 2022 when i was ordering my GT4, my allocation was given to me in May but i didn't get the car until Jan of 2023.
I walked into my local dealership and got it in early September, gave it back, came to my senses and got it back again. Froze 10/18, Left Production 12/18, Left Emden 12/28. I had sold a Panamera GTS to the Dealership in late July and got the allocation from the same SA I worked with on the sale.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...