Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 11:52 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts

Do they still do TYD photos for 718s? Mine just completed production today
Old 01-29-2024, 12:09 PM
Stdenis25
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Deleting - error!

Last edited by Stdenis25; 01-29-2024 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Replied to wrong post
Old 01-29-2024, 12:38 PM
pgap718
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Do they still do TYD photos for 718s? Mine just completed production today
It doesn't look like it anymore since it appears all 718s have been produced at Osnabrück lately. Also, don't hold your breath on getting your car anytime soon. Mine finished production November 24th and still isn't on a boat! It's most likely sitting in a storage warehouse. Even crazier my car was supposed to be DELIVERED around November 24th...
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 03:08 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pgap718
It doesn't look like it anymore since it appears all 718s have been produced at Osnabrück lately. Also, don't hold your breath on getting your car anytime soon. Mine finished production November 24th and still isn't on a boat! It's most likely sitting in a storage warehouse. Even crazier my car was supposed to be DELIVERED around November 24th...
west coast or east coast?
Old 01-29-2024, 04:08 PM
pgap718
Racer

Originally Posted by poofyo101
west coast or east coast?
South coast.... Colorado Springs via Houston
Old 01-29-2024, 05:58 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,358 Likes on 776 Posts

Not officially in the waiting room yet. However hoping to get my GTS allocation by May or June. Been wanting to get back into another Porsche ever since i had to get rid of my GT4.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:48 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Received 143 Likes on 42 Posts

That really sucks...I must be getting super lucky, produced Jan 15, on boat to Halifax, Canada Jan 20. Should arrive in Halifax on Feb 3 before loading on a train across country to Vancouver.

Anyone else have a car that shipped on the 20th to Halifax? Mine is on Siem Cicero.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:23 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

mine finished production and in now at the port within 1 day so hopefully its moving quickly. I am on the east coast.
pgap718 (01-31-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 01:31 AM
pgap718
Racer

I had a very interesting update today, I guess my car is doing some time travel into the past. The remaining steps on my TYD updated...to all dates in the past. 🙃 I wrote to PCNA so I'll see if I get a better update.

kurquhart (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Amochosto
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

I had a very interesting update today, I guess my car is doing some time travel into the past. The remaining steps on my TYD updated...to all dates in the past. 🙃 I wrote to PCNA so I'll see if I get a better update.

Congratulations, you must be a big shot to get Sonderwunsch to add the TARDIS option to your car!!
pgap718 (02-02-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 04:43 PM
OKCabriolet
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yesterday I put down a deposit on a BGTS 4.0 in IGM w/blue top, Graphite Blue interior w/GT Silver stitching and Carrera Sport wheels. The paper work from the dealer has a an order number, that's all I got. I admit I don't understand the whole allocation thing. Sales guy said it would be a year or so before I take delivery. But lurking on here I knew that all ready. One reason I pulled the trigger yesterday. I fell like if I waiting until next year as originally planned, there may not have been any available or I would have to consider purchasing an electric. I wanted one of possibly the last ICE machines of this caliber with one of the most iconic motors ever.

So now the wait and agonizing begins with the rest of you.
ScottRich (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 05:01 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,765 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCabriolet
Yesterday I put down a deposit on a BGTS 4.0 in IGM w/blue top, Graphite Blue interior w/GT Silver stitching and Carrera Sport wheels. The paper work from the dealer has a an order number, that's all I got. I admit I don't understand the whole allocation thing. Sales guy said it would be a year or so before I take delivery. But lurking on here I knew that all ready. One reason I pulled the trigger yesterday. I fell like if I waiting until next year as originally planned, there may not have been any available or I would have to consider purchasing an electric. I wanted one of possibly the last ICE machines of this caliber with one of the most iconic motors ever.

Congrats on your order.

Sounds like the dealer placed an Order Demand which simply tells Porsche they have an interested client. I assume you were given a Porsche Build Sheet Retail; in the top right corner it'll say Vehicle Status and a V code -- in your case V070 Order Demand.

There is no guarantee that an order demand will turn into an actual buildable allocation, but at least you're "in line" -- depending on specific dealer practices this may be ok or possible worthless. When a dealer has an actual allocation it'll include the projected dates to delivery and your status will be V200 -- at that point you're getting a car. One last thing, the dealer assigns allocations regardless of system demand orders so a new client can jump the line with cash -- again dealer dependent. Just depends on the dealer -- can be very nuanced.

If you're committed to getting one of these I'd start calling around to as many dealers you can stomach. Alternatively give one of the forum brokers a call; they post allocations on here occasionally. There are allocations available now.

If your dealer says it'll be a year; expect an allocation next fall/early winter -- if they deliver on their estimate.

Good luck.
Old 02-04-2024, 05:24 PM
Stdenis25
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

that will be nice if you get an allocation! I saw a cayman S at a local dealer IGM over graphite blue and it was 👍🏻
Old 02-04-2024, 05:44 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 352 Posts

Just try to keep your expectation within reason. The dealer placed an order demand for you. The chances of that order demand ripening to an actual order, at this point in time, is extremely slim.
yellolab (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 07:11 PM
OKCabriolet
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Confirmed V077 - Order demand release.

I'm in OKC and dealer is small volume. I have not done business with them before, but I know a few that have. the sales manager sounds confident he will get me an allocation. We built my car, they took a non-refundable down payment and told me it will likely be fall for an allocation to comes up. Which is fine, I told him I want not looking to purchase until next year anyway. I ques I'll just wait and see. Either way, surely, they will get an allocation sometime between now and this time next year.

Thanks for the advisement, I've been following along with this thread and knew what to expect.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...